Towel Animals Question

coco33

First time cruiser so bare with me folks. I am going on a Carnival Cruise for 8 days and would like to photograph the collection of towel animals that was made every day, at the end or near the end of the cruise (so a collection of 7 towel animals). Is this possible to do? Should I ask for more towels? Should I tell the room steward my plans? Lol.

Having been on a number of cruise adventures with a number of lines, I would think it is not a concern. Just make mention to your steward when you first see h/her. Just be aware that the towels are not "put together" wholeheartedly ergo, they may fall apart when you try to keep them for any length of time. I suggest that you take individual photos and then photo shop them together once you arrive home. Happy travels!

First time cruiser so bare with me folks. I am going on a Carnival Cruise for 8 days and would like to photograph the collection of towel animals that was made every day, at the end or near the end of the cruise (so a collection of 7 towel animals). Is this possible to do? Should I ask for more towels? Should I tell the room steward my plans? Lol.

they normally dismantle each animal so you'd have to ask that they do not do so. but if he can't becioase he needs the towels, then just take pictures each day and use photoshop later

On our last cruise, they had a towel animal demonstration by some of the room stewards on the last day. Of course a "how to" dvd was for sale afterwards :p

Edited by Philob

Normally the towel animal is on the bed. I always move it to a safe place. Only once in 27 cruises have all the towel animals survived, as the room steward killed the old one to make the new one.

However, I'm sure your request can be accommodated. If not, there are photo editing software programs that can take care of the issue for you.

Or, you can just go to the pool on movie night ...

Carnival Splendor - January 2013 ...

AF5_zps2a2c7e88.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

I love the towel animals! I tried to keep them all from our first week long cruise but never thought to talk with the room steward about not taking them apart (first-time cruiser mistake). I made it all the way until the last night and came to my room and found them all gone. I was sad, but it was fun having them around all week!

Once we moved each of ours to the top of the couch and except the hanging monkey, had them all at the end of the cruise. We do travel with kids so that could be why they survived.

There is 1 morning where they do a towel animal take-over on deck. Go to the main Lido pool before about 8:30 am and you'll see hundreds.

They also offer a towel animal class, and sell a book, which you can participate in. :)

When we sailed on Carnival, we would take photos of the towel animals that day. Usually the cabin steward would want to reuse them anyway so it wouldn't occur to us to ask him or her to let us hold on to them for the rest of the cruise. Don't forget they need to restock towels in the cabins and bring the used ones to the laundry.

Here's what my latest zoo looked like on NCL. I don't think they take them apart and reassemble them each day, just rotate them from cabin to cabin.

Thank you for the photo. So cute. I hope the steward isn't like "how old are you again?" for getting excited over towel animals. Lol

I just want a photo of a collection of them.

I would absolutely let your room stewart know it's your first cruise, and ask him/her if you can keep all your animals.

I take an individual picture of each one on the bed before I move them, then the growing zoo.

Enjoy your first (of many :-) ) cruise!

www.atouristlife.com. This is a link to my travel blog use the search to find " For the love of carnival" It it's my towel animal zoo. They will keep making new ones and leave the old if they know you are collecting you can also go to an onboard class.

Some cruise lines sometimes offer towel animal classes at no cost. You can't take the animal home with you, but you learn to make several of them so you can recreate them at home.

I wouldn't buy a DVD when there are plenty of FREE videos in YouTube teaching you how to make them.

• 2 weeks later...

When I went on my cruise with Carnival, I didnt even ask the room stewart, I said something in passing to him, that I wanted a twoel animal zoo, and he left them there till the last night of the cruise so I could have them all to take a picture of

towles.jpg.f720df67b15b3fac345ca9c62c8d9235.jpg