Ladies, show me your cruise toes!

lucigo

• 2 months later...
My wife went with the classic French manicure (with a twist) her girl gave her little palm trees with coconuts! for a fun little cruise theme.

They lasted well and in fact still look good, going on 15 or more days at this point.

Super cute!

Pre cruise nails . I thought about getting purple this time and then pink for my cruise in a month time. Picked out a purple and then got told it was colour changing. As I didn’t like the other purples I was like yeah why not. But it changes to pink. Now that I have pink already am trying to decide if I will get plain pink for my cruise get the same one again or go for another colour or another colour changing one , mmmm. Either way I am happy with my current shellac nails.

nail_zps1l448di9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
My wife went with the classic French manicure (with a twist) her girl gave her little palm trees with coconuts! for a fun little cruise theme.

I have never seen a design on a French manicure. Cute.

I always make a big deal out of choosing the perfect cruise pedi design. This year we cruised around the Horn and my DH was excited about seeing penguins. Of course I had to get a cute little penguin design on my big toes. People may not remember my face but so many people look at my toes and say, "oh, you were on that.....excursion with us". :p

For my birthday last year I chose a cupcake with a candle- my toes are not large enough to display the correct number. LOL

One day 6 women were standing around waiting at the dock for our menfolk who had gone to make arrangements. I suddenly looked downwards as the 6 of us stood in a tight circle chatting. Six colourful sets of toes pointed inward to set up the perfect picture. We all laughed but for some reason not one of us took a picture. I wish I had.

• 1 month later...
Pre cruise nails . I thought about getting purple this time and then pink for my cruise in a month time. Picked out a purple and then got told it was colour changing. As I didn’t like the other purples I was like yeah why not. But it changes to pink. Now that I have pink already am trying to decide if I will get plain pink for my cruise get the same one again or go for another colour or another colour changing one , mmmm. Either way I am happy with my current shellac nails.

nail_zps1l448di9.jpg

I am confused:D, are you saying your current shellac shade, the one pictured above changes color, or have I misread and it is another make?

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I am confused:D, are you saying your current shellac shade, the one pictured above changes color, or have I misread and it is another make?

There're formulas that when exposed to light change color.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

There're formulas that when exposed to light change color.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

Thanks, I actually know how they work as trained tech but I was asking the OP if she was saying they are Shellac (which is CND) as basically Shellac don't do colour changing polishes.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Any place will do shellac on the toes if you wish, but most women don't bother because even regular polish lasts a long time on the toes.

I have had my toes done with shellac for my last couple of Caribbean cruises! I found that if I am doing lots of beaches/water activities my regular polish seems to take a beating from the sand/water, etc. and I have had to do a few too many touch-ups!

If I am not doing many beaches I agree that a regular pedicure should last long enough! :)