Fashion police

westward

I love people watching. But there are some serious crimes against fashion taking place everywhere. Don't get me wrong here, I can recognise good style on any age, but some people don't have a mirror in their home before they go out.

What's the worst fashion disaster you have seen worthy of a visit from Fashion Police? I'm afraid my pet hate is socks and sandals on men!

when people wear a size 8 when they truly belong in a size 12. Bulges everywhere

My daughter-in-law is a teacher at a Florida high school. She says some girls at her school think that it is a great look and the bulge above the pants seems to be appreciated by the boys. She has overheard remarks to that effect. Tastes obviously differ.

My two least favorite shipboard fashion observations:

The first lady was wearing a long, straight black gown and silver shoes. Nice. But when she sat down in the bar, the slit on her dress opened to blatantly reveal black knee-highs and bare knees.

The second was wearing a long slim red dress, which looked fine from the front, but after she passed me and I saw her back, there was a beat-up white bra completely exposed by the fact that her dress was backless.

My two least favorite shipboard fashion observations:

The first lady was wearing a long, straight black gown and silver shoes. Nice. But when she sat down in the bar, the slit on her dress opened to blatantly reveal black knee-highs and bare knees.

I had to read that twice because I thought you were referring to the First Lady of the United States. :eek:

I fairly consistantly sport a muffin top. Not because my jeans are too small. I wear a belt and if I go up in size they fall off--as it is, I'm constantly pulling them up. I have a thick middle and most pants are low to mid rise. I haven't found any (reasonably priced) that rise to my waist. Jeans just aren't designed for my body shape. In dresses, I just look fat, no muffin top.

I had to read that twice because I thought you were referring to the First Lady of the United States. :eek:

That shot was all over the place on the internet.

Good warning to all of us before buying: See how you feel/look while seated and check on how you look in mirrors from the sides and in the back. ;)

LuLu

The one that truly stands out was a gal had a dark brown and white zebra striped purse. Her hair matched it exactly.

I can't stop laughing!!!

I guess the one thing I don't think looks good fashion wise are the women who wear cropped, capris or pedal pusher pants (especially with the pants having wide legs) with big clunky work out sneakers. I understand the comfort factor, but full length pants or a more streamlined shoe or sandal would look much better.

Here's one that's fairly recent due to the popularity of leggings:

When women wear leggings that aren't much more substantial than tights, and then pair them with tops that stop above the butt region. Do I really need to see that walking down the streets of Chicago? I don't think so.

A comedian I saw once, spoke of seeing a large woman walking down the road wearing leggings that looked like two boys fighting under a blanket!

Oh the imagination of this scene.

Men wearing checks and stripes together is another grumble.

I can't stop laughing!!!

I guess the one thing I don't think looks good fashion wise are the women who wear cropped, capris or pedal pusher pants (especially with the pants having wide legs) with big clunky work out sneakers. I understand the comfort factor, but full length pants or a more streamlined shoe or sandal would look much better.

I agree with your comment however I am one of those Capri people with sneakers. I found after 2 knee replacements the sneaks give me good traction.....and I like Capri what can u say

I can't stop laughing!!!

I'm not sure why, but I have never seen someone in capris that I thought looked better than they would have in slacks that are the correct length for their legs. Maybe if I were more of an ankle man I would have the proper appreciation. To me, capris make a statement, "I cannot find slacks that are the correct length for my legs and I can't be bothered with alterations. (or there's a flood coming and I will be the only one with dry cuffs.)"

Sorry if I offend anyone, and I realize it's just my personal preference. With the proliferation of capris, I assume that I am of the minority opinion.

Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

I love people watching. But there are some serious crimes against fashion taking place everywhere. Don't get me wrong here, I can recognise good style on any age, but some people don't have a mirror in their home before they go out.

What's the worst fashion disaster you have seen worthy of a visit from Fashion Police? I'm afraid my pet hate is socks and sandals on men!

People with diabetes should not wear shoes without socks even sandals. What else would one where except sandals when going to the beach or pool.

People with diabetes should not wear shoes without socks even sandals. What else would one where except sandals when going to the beach or pool.

Well, I'm sorry to say that my dad wears dress socks with sandals and he does not have diabetes. We can't get him to stop! I think he does it just to bother us.

Edited by CruisinCrow

My fashion peeve is people dressing like they are at the beach or going to Disneyland when they are in a cosmopolitain setting. Nothing says "I'm a toorist" than a sundress or shorts (or the dreaded capris) with a tank top in the middle of Rome, Florence, Paris, London, Barcelona…The locals seem to survive just fine in long pants in the summer, why can you???

My fashion peeve is people dressing like they are at the beach or going to Disneyland when they are in a cosmopolitain setting. Nothing says "I'm a toorist" than a sundress or shorts (or the dreaded capris) with a tank top in the middle of Rome, Florence, Paris, London, Barcelona…The locals seem to survive just fine in long pants in the summer, why can you???

I agree

I'm not sure why, but I have never seen someone in capris that I thought looked better than they would have in slacks that are the correct length for their legs. Maybe if I were more of an ankle man I would have the proper appreciation. To me, capris make a statement, "I cannot find slacks that are the correct length for my legs and I can't be bothered with alterations. (or there's a flood coming and I will be the only one with dry cuffs.)"

Sorry if I offend anyone, and I realize it's just my personal preference. With the proliferation of capris, I assume that I am of the minority opinion.

Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

Capris are the South Florida summer saviors for people such as myself, 71 years old. I don't have the knees or the skin tone for shorts. But believe me, slacks are too danged hot in the summer for me. Just having that extra several inches of skin exposed is a big help.

Also, yes, I often wear the wider capris because they are cooler. Tight capris, so stylish now, are too hot. The last thing I want is cloth sticking to me.

I don't wear them with sneakers though. I wear cushy sandals. Heavy athletic sneakers are just too hot on my feet, plus they require socks, yet another uncomfortably hot layer of fabric.

Worst ever ....My husband was doing an Honor Guard service for a gentleman' date=' and some lady came in the Church, for the ceremony wearing short shorts, panty hose and heels![/quote']

Now that one is bad

Sent from my iPhone using Forums