My skin feels great from the ship's water.....why?

HI....

I have Rosacea and the last few years my skin has been feeling like sand paper, no matter what I try.

We went on a cruise in June. After each shower, I applied my face moisturizer and my skin felt like silk! :)

I have hard water where I live. I am considering getting a shower head filter that removes chlorine, they get great reviews.

Is the ship's water low in chlorine, and how is it on the scale of hardness?

Thanks

HI....

I have Rosacea and the last few years my skin has been feeling like sand paper, no matter what I try.

We went on a cruise in June. After each shower, I applied my face moisturizer and my skin felt like silk! :)

I have hard water where I live. I am considering getting a shower head filter that removes chlorine, they get great reviews.

Is the ship's water low in chlorine, and how is it on the scale of hardness?

Thanks

Love my hair when I cruise, its so shiny and soft

Mine just frizzes from the humidity. I don't notice a difference in softness because of the frizz. :D

I used to have that problem until I bought Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil, it works fantastic.

I used to buy the expensive

salon version but now I pay $5.00 for the Garnier. It's an oil so you use very little and work it through the ends of your hair. ;) No more frizzies!!

I never use conditioner on a cruise, my hair just loses all it's "body" if I do....I use a little less shampoo and more "body building " mousse to style.

That's waht I have to do too. My hair is limp and fine under the best of circumstances, but on a cruise, it is hopelessly limp. I give up on conditioner on cruises.

From my husband and daughter --PHD holding chemistry professors. The difference you feel is because all the water on the ship is processed right there on the ship by osmosis or steam capture. There are no minerals/no impurities/no germs or bacteria. Purest of the Pure and really kind of a miracle when you think of the amount of water a huge ship uses.

This is why you should bring a bottle to fill on board and use that for your trips ashore. The water you buy on shore is probably bottled right there in a local plant and maybe even comes from the local water supply. The brand name does not protect -- they do not ship in TONS of water bottles and most companies are national with local operators. Saves a ton of money and save the earth too when you use reusable bottles. (Side benefit -- you know your seat on the bus if your bright red bottle is on it!)

Hair is limp because of no mineral deposits that stick to hair shaft. Conditioners and shampoos have formulas that take into account that most water sources have minerals dissolved in the water making it "hard". When you "soften water" you usually add salts that combine with the minerals and remove them or negate them allowing soap to bubble more.

The swimming pools have no chlorine because they are emptied and refilled each day from that huge pool called the ocean. Sometimes they will add some water that has been purified so that the salt content does not burn your eyes. They do check for bacteria on an hourly or so basis to keep it healthy. (I was chatting with the pool manager on Princess ship after saying water was always so cold for morning swim).

So! Enjoy some of the purest water on earth as you have a fabulous cruise.

Edited by Bowie MeMe