Miami Port to Airport: Shuttle vs Cab

Ahsndpro

Anyone know the approximate cab fare from port to Miami airport? Trying to decide whether to use the carnival shuttle or just cab it. Thanks!

It's about $27, plus tip for a cab from the MIA airport to the MIA port. For one person, Carnival's bus is cheaper, for two or more, grab a taxi.

Anyone know the approximate cab fare from port to Miami airport? Trying to decide whether to use the carnival shuttle or just cab it. Thanks!

Taxi are a fixed rate of $24 they also have vans that take you for $10pp, a Carnival shuttle is the last thing you take.

The cost for the Carnival shuttle is $16.50 pp (one way) from the airport to the pier, and vice-versa. The shuttle doesn't go until it's full. A taxi is cheaper and quicker. Plus, if you need to stop at a store along the way to pick up a 12 pack of sodas, you can do that with a taxi. Not so with a shuttle bus.

Edited by beachbum53

Just to clarify, a taxi from MIA to Port (and vice versa) is now $27 as one person correctly posted. They raised it from $24 a while back:mad:

And for two people, that's cheaper than the shuttle. $27.00 for a taxi vs. $33.00 for two for the shuttle.

Take a taxi if you don't want to wait. There are plenty available. We always meet another couple at the airport & take a cab to the port and back. A standard car holds the 4 of us & our luggage just fine.

The one time we used CCL shuttle, it was 2 hours before we got to the ship & a good part of that was waiting outside in the heat. Never again! The return trip from the ship was not so bad, as the shuttle filled up quickly.

Even when I've had transfers in Miami, I still jump in a cab. The wait for the bus while it needs to fill up is just too much for us, as the excitement builds for us to get in that ship.

I tried the Carnival shuttle from MIA to POM once. Sat on the bus for 20 minutes waiting for the bus to fill and luggage to be loaded. Once at the port, the driver said to wait on the bus while the luggage was unloaded. Then, as we were exiting the bus suggested a $1 tip for every bag... Now I just jump in a cab and I'm at the port quickly, without having to wait... $27 flat rate...

How much tip should I leave for taxi ride?

10-15-20% depending upon the level of service. For the fixed rate cab ride from MIA to POM (now set at $27) with reasonable service at a minimum I would hand the driver $30 and let him keep the $3 tip.

In the past I have tipped $5 on a $15 fare for a driver who went above and beyond during a rainstorm, and I have stiffed drivers who tried to cheat me with stories of "minimum fares" that were not correct.