Dunkin at sea

Hey cruisers,

What does everyone think for Royal would ever put a dunkin donuts at sea

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I am ALL for it ..... and they NEED one ..... even if just for coffee .... I couldn't care less for the nasty artificial DD donuts ... but the coffee Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines serves is TOTAL disgusting crap ... horrible, burnt, garbage, frightening, nasty, harsh, battery acid coffee.

Bring Dunkin Donuts in JUST for the coffee (and maybe their bagels too) ,,, cuz RC coffee SUCKS BAD!!!

JetBlue did and its working well for them!

I am ALL for it ..... and they NEED one ..... even if just for coffee .... I couldn't care less for the nasty artificial DD donuts ... but the coffee Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines serves is TOTAL disgusting crap ... horrible, burnt, garbage, frightening, nasty, harsh, battery acid coffee.

Bring Dunkin Donuts in JUST for the coffee (and maybe their bagels too) ,,, cuz RC coffee SUCKS BAD!!!

So ... would you like a RC coffee?

What? The coffee served at Latitudes is awesome...and the machines provided in the Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge are also awesome...

Even the drip free stuff isn't that bad....

Edited by robandana

I'm all for it, just to stomach royals coffee I have to load it with sugar. You can remove paint with that crap!

Bring dunkin in

Umm - OK. I can totally agree about DD nasty dried out donuts - would much rather have a LaMar's or Krispy Kreme, maybe even a Winchell's. Now, onto the whole coffee thing......I can't say that Seattle's Best (would hate to drink Seattle's Worst after that swill) or Starbuck's is much of an improvement over any cruise line or airline coffee. Now, bring in Peet's or Boyer's and we're talking. And for anyone who recommends Folger's or Maxwell House, ye shall walk thee plank and be keelhauled!:p

Yes bring on DD.. As I am from the original Dunkin area many years ago, they made the donuts at the shops, thats when they were great, those things they have now are just mass produced and awful, my local supermarket makes better donuts.

Edited by Bosjoe

Arrgg the doughnuts at Dunkin are frozen... I was eating lunch there a few weeks age while the manager was doing an interview with a prospective employee ( I guess he doesn't have an office?) but I overheard him say all they do there is thaw them out and pass them out... Haven't had one there since:mad:!!! Stopped by the Krispie Kream at the top of the PA turnpike yesterday on the way home from our place in the mountains all I can say is yyyyuuuuummmmm !

but the coffee Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines serves is TOTAL disgusting crap ... horrible, burnt, garbage, frightening, nasty, harsh, battery acid coffee.

cuz RC coffee SUCKS BAD!!!

That is beyond ridiculous.:rolleyes: But, I guess I'm glad I don't drink coffee:D!!

Arrgg the doughnuts at Dunkin are frozen... I was eating lunch there a few weeks age while the manager was doing an interview with a prospective employee ( I guess he doesn't have an office?) but I overheard him say all they do there is thaw them out and pass them out... Haven't had one there since:mad:!!! Stopped by the Krispie Kream at the top of the PA turnpike yesterday on the way home from our place in the mountains all I can say is yyyyuuuuummmmm !

Is that the Krispy Kreme in Clarks summit pa?

I guess it's not "time to make the donuts" anymore. :( (Hopefully I'm not the only one who remembers those commercials). I have noticed they skimp on things now, too, like the cream in the "kreme-filled" donuts.

Coffee on the ships seems to be hit-or-miss, I remember it being OK on Oasis, but pretty bad on Grandeur (unless I bought a "specialty coffee"). I'm thinking if they have some sort of deal with Starbucks, they probably won't bring in a Dunkin Donuts. I like both, so it doesn't really matter to me. Hopefully they do not bring in too many chains, as I wouldn't want to see a food court on board! ;)

Is that the Krispy Kreme in Clarks summit pa?

Sure was!! Should have gotten a dozen! Hafta wait till the weekend for more. Almost makes paying the price of the tp worth it!

Edited by s_morgan

We run to our Cabin in upstate NY every weekend up to Clark Summit and 81 n or just take the tp to exit 115 jump 81 to 6 bypass then the backway at Waymart. How far up is the Sheetz? I haven't ran across it just get diesel at the Sunoco or dumpy Exxon.

Would love a DD on board for the coffee alone. I am addicted. The donuts though have gone down so much . I remember them as a kid and they were great.

We had a Krispy Kreme here in Connecticut for a few years . When it opened you though it was the greatest thing ever . The opening day was like a Hollywood Movie Premiere. They did OK for a little while and then they closed down.

Krispy Kreme donuts were fantastic , but their coffee was disgusting. At least at the one here . And I heard that from a lot of people

I guess it's not "time to make the donuts" anymore. :( (Hopefully I'm not the only one who remembers those commercials). I have noticed they skimp on things now, too, like the cream in the "kreme-filled" donuts.

Coffee on the ships seems to be hit-or-miss, I remember it being OK on Oasis, but pretty bad on Grandeur (unless I bought a "specialty coffee"). I'm thinking if they have some sort of deal with Starbucks, they probably won't bring in a Dunkin Donuts. I like both, so it doesn't really matter to me. Hopefully they do not bring in too many chains, as I wouldn't want to see a food court on board! ;)

Of course I remember. Fred was a celebrity here in Boston.

Yes, I am glad to know that I am not the only one. I was in a donut mood a few weeks ago. This happens once every couple of years. I grabbed a dozen of glazed for the family. They tasted off to me. Not what I remembered. Now, it makes sense. My sister says the generic no name "DONUT" places in town are much better. I will have to check then out when I get another craving :-)

The free coffee on Freedom was beyond awful (at MDR & Windjammer). Maybe it is just the preparation and having it sit in those giant urns. Instant Folgers would have been an improvement. The specialty coffees were much better though.

But here's another vote for Krispy Kreme donuts.