Dunkin at sea

I guess I will never understand why people book a cruise and then want to eat the fast food stuff (such as Johhny Rocket's, Ben and Jerry's, Starbuck's) while on a cruise that they can have at home.

If one doesn't want anything to be different and have new experiences while traveling, that can be avoided by staying home and eating the same old thing as usual.

Agreed. I feel similarly about Falmouth with Dairy Queen, Nathan's, etc. I kind of get it if you are from an area that has none of those things, but why pass up on local foods for corporate frozen junk?

I for one don't want a Dunkin Donuts on the ship. More pay for junk food? There is already multiple brands of coffee and plenty of other snacks.

New cruisers may not remember the Midnight Buffet but it was 100X the experience of any Dunkin Donut ever. But if people are happy to pay for low quality junk...

Agreed. I feel similarly about Falmouth with Dairy Queen, Nathan's, etc. I kind of get it if you are from an area that has none of those things, but why pass up on local foods for corporate frozen junk?

I for one don't want a Dunkin Donuts on the ship. More pay for junk food? There is already multiple brands of coffee and plenty of other snacks.

New cruisers may not remember the Midnight Buffet but it was 100X the experience of any Dunkin Donut ever. But if people are happy to pay for low quality junk...

Oh I remember the midnight buffets. Was always an impressive display with the ice and fruit carvings

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

The only time the Krispy Kreme donuts are any good is when they just come off the donut machine and they're still nice and hot. The store turns on their big orange light and the world is a little happier - at least until they cool down and all that fat congeals.

Having recently moved from Connecticut to Texas, I can tell you I do miss Dunkin Donuts. Their donuts are not as good as they used to be but they are generally better than what you can get in Houston!

I guess I will never understand why people book a cruise and then want to eat the fast food stuff (such as Johhny Rocket's, Ben and Jerry's, Starbuck's) while on a cruise that they can have at home.

If one doesn't want anything to be different and have new experiences while traveling, that can be avoided by staying home and eating the same old thing as usual.

Agreed.

If they could just switch from that nasty, bitter ,scary, charred, crank case oil coffee they serve (and yes I mean the free stuff in the WJ and MDR .. and even on the pier before boarding) .. over to nicer more normal medium roast coffee (like a Dunkin Donuts .... but not the **** Autocrat brand stuff they make for the free Motel 6 breakfast buffet) .. it would make alotta people happy.

Our entire group was disgustipated by the RC coffee .. and this is a bunch of Italians who can handle strong coffee .. but this crap was awful !!

I'ma say DIS again ... JetBlue serves Dunkin Donuts coffee (no need for the donuts or their other stuff) .. so can RC !!

Edited by F27TW

We would love to see a DD on board so we can get some good coffee - don't care about the donuts! The last trip on the Explorer, we drank coffee with a package of hot cocoa in it - and I don't usually take sugar in my coffee! :eek:

Edited by cooncat_mom

So regardless of personal loyalties, we are all agreed, right? Yo, RCI, your coffee is horrible. Do better!

From what I remember, Carny and Princess coffee tastes like shinola as well. Princess coffee was a liquid concentrate that was reconstituted with hot water. PUHLEASE....I'd ALMOST rather drink instant coffee......well, then again........maybe not - guess I could stomach Starbuck's or Seattle's Worst for a week.

The only problem with DD coffee is that it would take until almost the end of your cruise until it was cool enough to drink without burning your lips off your face!:eek:;)

That's why I love to stop at Duncan instead of Starbucks. I never have to ask for extra hot. [emoji3]

What? The coffee served at Latitudes is awesome...and the machines provided in the Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge are also awesome...

Even the drip free stuff isn't that bad....

Royal Coffee is not drip brewed coffee. It comes from a concentrated syrup that is mixed with hot water. Hence the terrible taste.

Only brewed coffee is at the specialty coffee place which always cost extra

Royal Coffee is not drip brewed coffee. It comes from a concentrated syrup that is mixed with hot water. Hence the terrible taste.

Not sure if that's true or not I really doubt it. I swear I've seen them put filters and grounds in the machines at the cafe in the promenade. Either way, they need to provide coffee for thousands of people I'm sure it isn't easy. But whatever, we don't drink coffee so enjoy the swill!:D

That's why I love to stop at Duncan instead of Starbucks. I never have to ask for extra hot. [emoji3]

To each his/her own, I guess. I stop at McDonald's where they use Newman's Own coffee which is very good and not boiling hot!!!:D

Not sure if that's true or not I really doubt it. I swear I've seen them put filters and grounds in the machines at the cafe in the promenade.

FAKE! Decoy grounds and filters so we don't catch on ! LOL :p

Not sure if that's true or not I really doubt it. I swear I've seen them put filters and grounds in the machines at the cafe in the promenade. Either way, they need to provide coffee for thousands of people I'm sure it isn't easy. But whatever, we don't drink coffee so enjoy the swill!:D

I don't drink "coffee" either. According to my black coffee loving husband, it's more decaffeinated colored water with lots of stuff added. Mmmm Large decaf hazelnut latte with 4 appends.[emoji7]

Years ago I worked at a place that used Douwe Egberts coffee concentrate, and it was way better than Royal's MDR coffee. I only wish they had something as decent, concentrate or fresh-brewed!

I don't want to eat or experience Dunkins; I would like it so we can have drinkable coffee on board! Actually, I'd pretty much be up for any kind of drinkable coffee! :D