Dunkin at sea

We run to our Cabin in upstate NY every weekend up to Clark Summit and 81 n or just take the tp to exit 115 jump 81 to 6 bypass then the backway at Waymart. How far up is the Sheetz? I haven't ran across it just get diesel at the Sunoco or dumpy Exxon.

From Krispy Kreme sheetz is not more than a half of a mile. Continue west on route six.

Not surprised Dunkin and Krispy Kreme are not common on ships - both are franchise operations and they would have to pay a fee to the company to make them. That said, we did have Krispy Kreme on Disney Fantasy last year. Pretty good, although still cold from being frozen.

Disney Cruise Line carries Krispy Kreme donuts but they are frozen and less than great in my opinion. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they won't compare to how they taste when they are hot and fresh.

I much prefer my local donut shop than either DD or KK.

Frozen KK's? That alone would ruin them. I actually prefer LaMar's to DD and KK as well.

Oh, and a Tim Horton's would be great too, but we don't have any here. Not close enough to Canada...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by A2Mich

Just have to chime in here as a Canuck. I and millions of Canadians would vote for Tim Hortons doughnuts and coffee , waaaaay ahead of yoir Krispy and Dunkin, let alone that Starship thingamajiggie.

Tim Horton was a star ice NHL hockey player. Let`s just say a guy like that takes no face off anybody. He got into the doughnuts and coffee, and let`s just say, he wan`t selling schlock, cause he wasn`t that kind of guy. When we sent our troops to Afghanistan (and we lost lots of brave boys and one gal there) we had to put a Tim`s Coffee outlet in Kabul. Because there is NO coffee like Tim`s coffee. Plus the doughnuts are better.

Did Starbucks or Krispy or Dunkin go to Afghanistan to support your country`s war efforts? Dunno, but I`d like to. Tim`s went there for our troops. Plus their iced Cap is to die for.

So I vote for Timmy`s. Make me a better offer, if you can!

Just have to chime in here as a Canuck. I and millions of Canadians would vote for Tim Hortons doughnuts and coffee , waaaaay ahead of yoir Krispy and Dunkin, let alone that Starship thingamajiggie.

Tim Horton was a star ice NHL hockey player. Let`s just say a guy like that takes no face off anybody. He got into the doughnuts and coffee, and let`s just say, he wan`t selling schlock, cause he wasn`t that kind of guy. When we sent our troops to Afghanistan (and we lost lots of brave boys and one gal there) we had to put a Tim`s Coffee outlet in Kabul. Because there is NO coffee like Tim`s coffee. Plus the doughnuts are better.

Did Starbucks or Krispy or Dunkin go to Afghanistan to support your country`s war efforts? Dunno, but I`d like to. Tim`s went there for our troops. Plus their iced Cap is to die for.

So I vote for Timmy`s. Make me a better offer, if you can!

So are you mailing me a case of TimBits? LOL....We lived in Michigan for many years and grew very fond of TH's - especially their coffee - SOOOO GOOOD!

There's no help for donuts on board, but if you want "your" coffee, bring a French press. They make some less breakable ones nowadays, and you can get very hot water at the Promenade Café (or from a kettle, if you're in a suite). As it is, I'll have to bring my own tea, since they switched to that awful "One Tea" product.

I will take Tim Horton's of the sea please.

Oh that would be even better, and their donuts are wayyyyyy better than DD.

No Tim Horton's around this neck of Connecticut, but we enjoy them when we travel to Maine along the way.

Lately they even have Tim Horton K cups , which are actually pretty good , but still not the same.

The only problem with DD coffee is that it would take until almost the end of your cruise until it was cool enough to drink without burning your lips off your face!:eek:;)

Edited by Rala
typo

I guess I will never understand why people book a cruise and then want to eat the fast food stuff (such as Johhny Rocket's, Ben and Jerry's, Starbuck's) while on a cruise that they can have at home.

If one doesn't want anything to be different and have new experiences while traveling, that can be avoided by staying home and eating the same old thing as usual.