Empress is Still in Freeport

For all of you who have various sources of information regarding the Empress, her AIS data is still showing her in Freeport. If she is supposed to leave Saturday, I would expect that she needs to be in Miami very soon for provisioning and inspections. My family is scheduled to sail on June 2nd, the second scheduled cruise. If anyone can shed some light on the subject, please let me know. I know they cancelled the last cruises 5 days prior to sailing. It's 4 days now and as far as I know, no one has heard of a cancellation. Any news out there?

Due to the amount of cruise ship traffic in Miami/FLL and the more expensive dockage fees, I wouldn't expect her to leave Freeport until Thursday the 26th. The USPH inspection will have been completed in Freeport, and possibly the USCG inspection as well, so there would only need to be one extra day to load provisions and stores. Even a lot of this could have been accomplished, especially for non-perishables, if RCI was willing to pay for crane service at the shipyard that they are part owners of.

Another thread here showed that the Empress will be arriving in Miami on Wednesday morning and leaving Thursday afternoon for a staff shakedown cruise. I am not sure when they are returning for the May 28 passengers. I will be checking the Miami webcam when I get up tomorrow morning.

Thank you for your input. I hope everything is fine, but until I see the cruise before ours leaving the dock, I will be nervous. Thanks again!

I will also be nervous until I watch the dock fading into the distance as we pull away.

They've moved the webcam.

I don't know if I am the guilty party or not, but after reading the posts this am, I sent them an email and asked them to please move the camera so those waiting to sail her could see her. She looks good.