hello first timer here K-love Cruise

Foxyscrapper64

hi This is my first time on a cruise and i am totally excited. :D I have be doing lots of research on what to pack and what to do. Does anyone have any cool ideas that haven't been thought of before? Can't wait!!!

I see from another post that you'll be on the MSC Divina. It might have helped to include that information on here. "Cool ideas" are subjective. What one person thinks is a great idea might not be so for someone else. There are lots of posts on what things people bring besides clothing and other essentials, such as toiletries and medications. Most likely, like every other first time cruiser, you'll probably over pack and bring things that you won't need or use. Don't try to plan for any and every contingency and bring a bunch of "just in case" stuff. If you're planning to take lots of photos, bring an extra memory card for your camera. Make sure you pack the chargers for any devices that have rechargeable batteries (camera, iPod, laptop computer, etc.) Make a packing list of the things you NEED so you don't forget anything important, like travel docs., passport, prescription meds., etc. If you should forget something, like your toothbrush or a pair of socks, most necessities can be purchased at the ship's gift shop (at a substantial mark up) or when in port. Hope you have a great cruise!

Who has room in their suitcase for a pillow? :confused: I've been on 19 cruises and never had a lumpy pillow but that's me.

Many of the suggestions of things to bring are ridiculous, IMO.

Roz

Who has room in their suitcase for a pillow? :confused: I've been on 19 cruises and never had a lumpy pillow but that's me.

Many of the suggestions of things to bring are ridiculous, IMO.

Roz

If you roll it tightly, and use a belt, rope, or ceran wrap to hold it in shape, you can get a pillow pretty darn small. It will pop right back into shape once freed from whatever you choose to wrap it with. My tempurpedic rolls up about the same size as a pair of jeans when rolled up, and springs to it's proper size when unrolled. That has been a godsend this deployment since I tend to have neck problems with an uncomfortable pillow!

If you have neck or back priblems, it pays to pack a pillow that you know you will be comfortable with. A sore neck would be a terrible way to ruin what would be otherwise a nice vacation.

Although I have not sailed Divina yet, I have heard from good friends that ther pillows do tend to get lumpy. While I am sure they have some fresh ones on hand, I wouldn't want to risk the possiblity not having a comfortable pillow.

OP, it is up to you wether or not you want to bring you own pillow. I personally wouldn't want to take the gamble of an uncomfortable rest the week + that I am sailing.

Edited by Thompsolonian

I would suggest looking at the website for the cruise line. There's often a lot of info that will be valuable (and often those here might forget to pass on or give you info for their usual cruise lines that might not pertain to your cruise).

As for bringing things like pillows, it's something you have to judge for yourself, especially if flying. My hubby tends to be picky about pillows, but our last three cruises were within driving distance so he found a way to pack one. But I agree with one poster that people here will post items that feel are must-take, and I have never needed on any of our cruises.

• 3 weeks later...
If I plan to snorkel on my cruise, then I will bring my own mask, snorkel and fins. :)

You can bring your own, its cheaper if you already own them or can find them at a good price. Just know that some places (mainly the private islands owned by cruise ships )make you rent the snorkeling life vest.

• 3 months later...
hi This is my first time on a cruise and i am totally excited. :D I have be doing lots of research on what to pack and what to do. Does anyone have any cool ideas that haven't been thought of before? Can't wait!!!

Hi, I am wondering if you kept any of the daily programs from you KLOVE cruise. I am interested in the activities throughout the day besides the concerts. I am planning to go on the 2016 KLOVE Cruise. Thanks!

What's a K-love (or KLOVE) cruise? Just curious.

KLove is a national radio station that plays Christian Contemporary Music. The cruise includes Christian music artists that play concerts during the cruise. It's a big draw for fans of the station.