Any Recommendations for Stay & Park in Newark?

njgirl

Looking for hotel recommendations where we can stay the night and includes parking while we are on the Summit.

Heard there is hotel that includes free shuttle to/from port in Bayonne but don't know which one.

All recommendations and thoughts are welcome !!!

Looking for hotel recommendations where we can stay the night and includes parking while we are on the Summit.

Heard there is hotel that includes free shuttle to/from port in Bayonne but don't know which one.

Best bet is to go to the East Coast Departures board, the thread below will give you loads of information about Bayonne, Airport hotels. I would suggest you get an airport hotel, do not get one in downtown Newark. There are also some hotels in Staten Island that may provide what you are looking for however there is one caveat. They are doing major, major construction on the Bayonne Bridge which has caused week-end closures of the bridge.

Also, just so you are aware, the new parking garage adjacent to the terminal is no open. It is extremely convenient, walking distance to terminal even with luggage. I won't be parking anywhere else in the future, I'll pay the $20 per day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707

Edited by dkjretired

That may be Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth, NJ. My sisters stayed there this past June. Didn't have a car, but I understand they make accommodations for stay & park.

We booked Ramada through Trinity and it was the best experience we've ever had for transport.

The hotel was fine, but we were given a private car (included in the price) to and from the port. That's the first time we didn't have to wait forever for the shuttle van and be packed in there with so many people. Here is the info:

Hotel Selected:

Newark Ramada Plaza Bayonne Cape Liberty Cruise Port

160 A Frontage Road

Newark, NJ 07114

Maximum parking allowed:

Free 21 days fenced in / gated parking included in this package.

Additional Parking:

$10 per day after the 21 days included in this package.

Package Type:

Friday to Sunday Rates (July) - $ 202.00

Tax:

zero

Rate includes:

One room with two double beds or one king/queen bed

That may be Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth, NJ. My sisters stayed there this past June. Didn't have a car, but I understand they make accommodations for stay & park.

The Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth, NJ does not offer free parking or shuttle to the port but their "Stay-Park-Cruise" rate is very reasonable. They do have a free airport shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Leaving a car in Newark is a concern - we recommend being selective. The recommended park/sleep/cruise packages are the ones through Trinityreservations.com (Ramada and Springhill Suites - quote is tax included), Country Inns, and Embassy Suites.

The Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth, NJ does not offer free parking or shuttle to the port but their "Stay-Park-Cruise" rate is very reasonable. They do have a free airport shuttle.

Days after writing this I realized that I wasn't clear. The Country Inn & Suites does have a shuttle, it just isn't free. If you buy the package, it's included, otherwise it's about $20 each way.

• 1 month later...

we are driving to newark airport to fly to copenhagen. Then cruising back to Cape Liberty.

We need parking for 21 days. Looking at airport long-term parking. Is that a good idea? Should we looking at hotel stay-n-park? Is airport long term parking at hotels. Some airports do this.

We are planning for 2017.

Thank you.

we are driving to newark airport to fly to copenhagen. Then cruising back to Cape Liberty.

We need parking for 21 days. Looking at airport long-term parking. Is that a good idea? Should we looking at hotel stay-n-park? Is airport long term parking at hotels. Some airports do this.

We are planning for 2017.

Thank you.

We are taking the same cruise and doing the same thing also.

I have found out so far that the Ramada is the,way to go but still searching just for parking as we can drive up to the airport the day of our flight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We are staying at the Embassy Suites on Friday, Oct 28. We have just a regular room but our friends are doing the stay, parking, cruise package. Our cruise is for 12 nights and their package was $230 (and that's 13 nights of parking as its a 12 day cruise). My husband and I did not book the package and its $20 each way per person. We have already booked the shuttle for Saturday morning for the 4 of us.

I'm very excited to stay there as this is our first time at this location. We are all Hilton fans. I will post an update if you would like about our thoughts on the hotel. We normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn on Staten Island.

:)

Edited by Esmerelda

Days after writing this I realized that I wasn't clear. The Country Inn & Suites does have a shuttle, it just isn't free. If you buy the package, it's included, otherwise it's about $20 each way.

I was wondering if you can make shuttle arrangements when you check in or should this be done earlier?

It's our first time to this port and I'm trying to decide between the Country Inn & Suites and the Best Western.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

I was wondering if you can make shuttle arrangements when you check in or should this be done earlier?

It's our first time to this port and I'm trying to decide between the Country Inn & Suites and the Best Western.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

Are you doing a park/sleep/cruise or flying in?

Stay at Country Inns or Embassy Suites or use Trinityreservations.com. I'm not keen on the location of the Best Western and would never leave a car there.

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting back on ES after our stay. The hotel was a 10 out of 10. There was absolutely nothing negative about the hotel, the staff, the rooms, the shuttle...everything was super.

Our friends left their SUV parked there and had no issues with anything upon their return after our 12 day cruise.

When we got off the Anthem yesterday, the shuttle was already there waiting. We waiting for maybe 15-20 minutes for more people, then we were off to the airport first for me and my hubby then to the hotel for all others to pick up vehicles. My hubby and I paid $20 dollars per person each way for the shuttle as we didn't have a package because we flew. We will definitely stay at this hotel our next time out of Bayonne. We all loved it. :)