Cruising to Bermuda??

bradleyk

I have sailed to Bermuda every year from Boston in May and the weather is awesome

check each cruise line that sails and make sure you get your moneys worth on your time on the Island Ncls Dawn out of Boston you only have 2 1/2 days to explore Bermuda the same out of NYC,Holland america out of Boston gives you 3 1/2 days and they dock right on front street in Hamilton pricey but less sea days hope this helps

We have gone in early August and early September. August was pretty hot but the water was also nice and warm. This past September we had the pleasure of meeting up with Hermine on the way there. Anthem rocked and rolled for a few hours but the captain and staff were great and "we" never felt like we were in any danger. Others apparently did not watch the captain's recorded videos or listen to his announcements - hence the news media reporting the "horrors" of the trip - don't listen - we were fine - really. We did not go to the beach that trip so can't tell you about the water. Weather in Bermuda was fine. Bermuda is a great place: safe, great public transportation, lots to do - and I would go back any time.

We were there end of April first week in May. I thought it was perfect. Warm enough to enjoy sightseeing without being overly hot. It might be a little cool at the beach for some but coming from New England I thought it was plenty warm enough.

The locals say they start swimming in the water in June. We went the first week of June this year and it was great. Water had a slight chill upon entry, but after a minute or so it was fine. Bermuda is a very beautiful place. We only went to one beach, but I would love to go back and experience other beaches. Do not rent a scooter. The roads are not safe for that. Taxis are perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been to Bermuda 3 times now. Twice on RCI Explorer, and once on the Norwegian Breakaway just a month or so ago late september/Early Oct. First one on Explorer was in July and man it was fantastic in ever way, no threat of Hurricane. second on Explorer was in late August and that was cut short cause of a hurricane, and this last one on Breakaway was a close call all the way though and the cruise after ours was completely disrupted. Bermuda is always beautiful but what I'm getting at is if you can afford it, go when its not hurricane season. Yes the July cruise, it was actually 4th of July week was very expensive. The other 2 in hurricane season was much cheaper but comes with a lot of sweating.

I have cruised to Bermuda many times (spring, summer and fall).

I track the Bermuda weather. IMO Last spring and summer had some rough weather for cruisers

I felt bad for those who paid a huge premium for Bermuda last spring/summer.

The price drops after Labor day, but the weather stays quite warm thru October. I have done well in early Sept., but yes - the storm risk is higher. It can be a wavy ride, regardless of the time of year.

Edited by racerxspeedy

Hello,

We have sailed to Bermuda every August for the past six years. We typically go the first or second week of August. While the weather is typically hot, it is a good time to go. The sea water is very comfortable and we usually we have minimal rain. I would say that IMO the best time to sail to Bermuda is the end of June through the first two weeks in August.

We are on vacation and because it is hot- very good for swimming and outdoor activities. We are booked again to sail August 2017.

Enjoy your cruise!

We are thinking of cruising to Bermuda. For those that have been what time of year/ month is the best to go?

We were on the Anthem to Bermuda on October 1st and had beautiful weather. The sea at Horseshoe Bay was lovely and warm and the beach is gorgeous. First time to Bermuda and we loved it.

I would also say May/June. We went twice in September (last week) and the first cruise really was perfect, weather wise, but the second year we went it was down right chilly! RC sold a lot of sweatshirts that cruise LOL! It was around 65-70, but it was really windy. I was really glad I packed a jacket.

We took the breakaway to Bermuda the teen week of May last year! It was absolutely perfect! Water was a little chilly when you enter… But you got used to it pretty quickly! One of my favorite cruises!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

June is the best month in my opinion. May the water temperature is too cool most of the month. Also it is a bit brisk outside on the sea days. September and October would be the best if there was not the threat of hurricanes. Can be nerve wracking. July and August somewhat on the humid side and the ships are full of children.

Edited by Charles4515

I've been to Bermuda twice in April, 4 times in May, 3 times in June and once in July. A lot depends on what you like to do. If you like hot and humid weather and very warm sea temp, then July and Aug. If you like cool temp (68-70) and going in the water is not important to you, then April. May and June offer the best of both. Imho. The best being, the very end of May to the middle of June.

I've been to Bermuda twice in April, 4 times in May, 3 times in June and once in July. A lot depends on what you like to do. If you like hot and humid weather and very warm sea temp, then July and Aug. If you like cool temp (68-70) and going in the water is not important to you, then April. May and June offer the best of both. Imho. The best being, the very end of May to the middle of June.

Yes. A golfer for example would like April and May.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk