Newbe

Fireguy60

Hello all I just booked a suprise cruise for my wife for her. 60th birthday. We will be gone for 12 nights to southern caribbean out of New Jersey. From what I see is a new cruise on a new ship quantum of the sea. I booked a balcony room on the 11th floor. Date is March 1 - March 13, her birthday is the 7th.

I will be giving her the following items at Christmas. Hoping at some point she will see the connection.

Beach Barbie. Got

Raft. Got

Caribbean Spice Rub. Got

Jar of Sand. Got

Beach Towel Hers. Got

Ships captain. Got

Sunglasses. Got

Sandals. Got

Suntan Lotion. Got

Toy Jeep. Got. Off boat tour

Toy Horse. Got. Off boat tour

Toy ATV. Got. Off boat tour

Toy Jet Ski. Got Off boat tour

Lighthouse. Got

Ships life ring getting lettered with ship name and date of sailing

Candle. Beach walk. Got

Candle Pink Sands. Got

Royal Caribbean book. Got

Card Got

Paper. Got. Blue and green

Gift bags. Got. Blue

Gift box. Got. Blue

Ribbon Got Gold

Everything ties together with RC colors

Everything bought and wrapped, hidden at friends house

143 days till Christmas, 208 till the cruise

I sure hope she likes this gift, have put a lot of thought and planning into it.

Don

Edited by Fireguy60

Hello all I just booked a suprise cruise for my wife for her. 60th birthday. We will be gone for 12 nights to southern caribbean out of New Jersey. From what I see is a new cruise on a new ship quantum of the sea. I booked a balcony room on the 11th floor. Date is March 1 - March 13, her birthday is the 7th.

I will be giving her the following items at Christmas. Hoping at some point she will see the connection.

Beach Barbie. Got

Raft. Got

Caribbean Spice Rub. Got

Jar of Sand. Got

Beach Towel Hers. Got

Ships captain. Got

Sunglasses. Got

Sandals. Got

Suntan Lotion. Got

Toy Jeep. Got. Off boat tour

Toy Horse. Got. Off boat tour

Toy ATV. Got. Off boat tour

Toy Jet Ski. Got Off boat tour

Lighthouse. Got

Ships life ring getting lettered with ship name and date of sailing

Candle. Beach walk. Got

Candle Pink Sands. Got

Royal Caribbean book. Got

Card Got

Paper. Got. Blue and green

Gift bags. Got. Blue

Gift box. Got. Blue

Ribbon Got Gold

Everything ties together with RC colors

Everything bought and wrapped, hidden at friends house

143 days till Christmas, 208 till the cruise

I sure hope she likes this gift, have put a lot of thought and planning into it.

Don

Great idea & love the gifts at Xmas thing for hints..one thought: on her actual b'day on the Quantum, order breakfast ON YOUR BALCONY...you can either do it the night before from your cabin ( the little order card will be hanging in your cabin somewhere, and if you know what she'd like, order it at XX am), OR that morning, order it after you wake up.. a few things here: 1) If you are in a port of call and have to get to an excursion, just make sure you get up early enough or order for the next day early enough..BEST is a day at sea, when you don't have to rush, but Southern Caribb routes are more port intensive than West or Eastern Caribb...2) When the waiter comes with the breakfast, make sure you tell him you want it ON YOUR BALCONY and prepare to give him a CASH tip ( $5 is fine)..he/she will set it all up for you...2) on the RCI website, you can order things like Happy Birthday balloons for the cabin and/or a birthday cake at dinner...speaking of dinner, you may want to book the specialty dining venue, like CHOPS for a special dinner- it costs extra, but hey, you've gone this far, why not make it a special dining experience? CHOPS is a specialty restaurant that requires reservations and costs a little extra $35 pp..you get an appetizer (s), salad, entree, and dessert in a romantic atmosphere, away from 1000+ people dining together and the food & service is much better ( IMO)...do that on the RCI website, maybe on the night of her b'day at like 7 PM..you can even check out the menu on their website...she will LOVE it because it's private & romantic...after dinner, go to the one of the bars/ lounges ( Like the Schooner Bar OR the new TWO70 Lounge) for drinks & dancing or go to the show and then to those bars or lounges...

It sounds like you've got the BEFORE the cruise stuff set..now start thinking about the DURING the cruise stuff...she will love the suggestions I've made- I know, I'm married to a LATIN woman, and they love this stuff..don't tell about the surprise dinner- just tell her the day before that tomorrow night you are both dining someplace special.....good luck & enjoy your cruise!!

Big Al