Royal Princess – Foodie Review with PICTURES!

cruisefoodie

I don't think that's true. These pictures look like all the dishes I've had on Princess over the years, and I have yet to sail the Royal or the Regal. I just had the artichoke and crab dip a couple of days ago on the Golden, and it was just as yummy as ever.

I agree. Not that there's anything wrong with what was shown but almost everything is the same as any other ship. There's nothing that's just a Royal specialty that I can see.

I don't think that's true. These pictures look like all the dishes I've had on Princess over the years, and I have yet to sail the Royal or the Regal. I just had the artichoke and crab dip a couple of days ago on the Golden, and it was just as yummy as ever.

I thought the same thing, everything looks like it does on every other Princess ship, be that good or bad in a personal opinion, as for me its average to slightly above average cruise liner food

Thanks, Cruisefoodie.

We agree. Royal was great. Your pics have us geared up for when we get back on her at the end of the year. Thanks for taking your time to provide a great picture review.

Safe Journeys, Paul

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That was AWESOME. Not going on the Royal anytime soon, but I remember last year LOVING that you could use your coffee card in the Horizon Court to get specialty coffee. Didn't have to go down to the IC for my coffee then up to the Horizon Court for breakfast.

Going on the CB two weeks from today and hoping the food looks as good. But I am sure it will be amazing anyway. I've never been disappointed by the food on Princess.

Then again.. if life is good maybe I will go on the Royal this winter. I'll be watching for last minute deals!

Then again.. if life is good maybe I will go on the Royal this winter. I'll be watching for last minute deals!

FYI: Checkout the Regal pricing for the December 7 or 14th cruises. Some (in our opinion) decent prices.

Thank you so much for sharing. We appreciate the trouble you've taken.

Do you recall who the Maitre D' was on your cruise please? We also always attend the Culinary Demo with the Executive Chef & Maitre D' - often they're better entertainers than the real ones! Must away - time for a meal, which I have to prepare! Then must book on Royal - you've whet our apetites. Bon Apetite! Rose & Mario

Edited by NeptuneSeas

Thank you so much for sharing. We appreciate the trouble you've taken.

Do you recall who the Maitre D' was on your cruise please? We also always attend the Culinary Demo with the Executive Chef & Maitre D' - often they're better entertainers than the real ones! Must away - time for a meal, which I have to prepare! Then must book on Royal - you've whet our apetites. Bon Apetite! Rose & Mario

Rose & Mario,

I do not remember the name of the Maitre D', perhaps I can look back on the Patter and find out. They were absolutely wonderful!

Glad you are enjoying the review!

Thanks for the wonderful food review on the Royal. We loved sailing on her last fall on her Maiden TA and thought the food was wonderful. We're booked on two more Royal cruises in 2015 and Regal this November, so hopefully the food on the new ships continues to be excellent. Thanks for taking the time to do the review with the fantastic photos! makes me hungry just to read about it.

I thought the same thing, everything looks like it does on every other Princess ship, be that good or bad in a personal opinion, as for me its average to slightly above average cruise liner food

On our last Princess cruise last month it was slightly below Applebee's or Denny's quality except for a few dining room dishes, and the buffet was on par with the old Smorga Bob's places. However, as long as there are salad bars and bread rolls and cheeses and pasta and pizza, all is well. :) I did not starve, even though I lost 4.5 lbs due to lack of interest in blasé food. Couldn't wait to get home to my own home cooking.

Edited by 4cats4me