What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Just received our upgrade on Escape from inside to family balcony today.. 3 days before sailing! So don't give up hope people! FYI. We bid $100 per person ($200 total as only 1st two are charged) major savings for us over booking balcony straight up.

Well done and congrats...here's hoping your luck rubs off lol

Were there many balconies left in general, or had you sopped checking?

Well done and congrats...here's hoping your luck rubs off lol

Were there many balconies left in general, or had you sopped checking?

There was actually quite a few left. I was only checking for 4 person capacity cabins. Probably 4 or 5 per deck on multiple decks.

Congrats....What cruise are you on? And did you just get the email or did you check your NCL account?

Thanks. I am on Getaway sailing Sunday the 26th. I just got the email. Then Amex notified me of the charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry you didn't get the upgrade, but I'm sure you'll have a fab cruise :)

Thank you! We will definitely have a blast regardless. We were happy with our cabin to begin with just thought we'd give the haven a shot, anyways.

Happy travels to you!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Sorry about the delay to the replies!

@Marine Mom - I was thinking about doing that, but at this stage it would be nice to have the upgrade, but it's not a necessity. I can't see paying full price for it, even with it being discounted $500 per person from the original price.

If the price is going down, why don't you just upgrade to that room and pay the difference? A friend of mine won the bid for the Haven Spa Suite at $1,000 per person and then realized it would have been cheaper to just upgrade in the first place and get all the perks with the haven along with the extra point per night.

@ JMele999 - As of today, there are 8 left -- so I'm still crossing my fingers and toes! I got a pretty decent price on my original balcony cabin ($1,199 per person), so I'm not sure how likely my bid is to be accepted, especially since there are still quite a few balcony cabins left. I'm actually quite surprised at how many cabins in total are left on my sailing, but I guess the time of year is the reason (a lot of Northeast schools are completing finals and getting ready for graduations that week).

Thanks for the luck -- I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome (in 50-somewhat days!).

Based on the number of H9 available, I think that you might have a good chance. There are still 10 H9 available for that sailing.

DP and I sailed on Escape back in January 2016 and cannot believe how much NCL has increased the price of the Haven Suites.

If you don't mind me asking, how does your offer compare to the current cost ($2999) of the H9?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Does anyone know if booking through a TA reduces your chance of getting an upgrade/bid offer? And would the email go to the TA, or directly to the cruiser?

Curious if everyone that has been given the option booked directly through NCL

Does anyone know if booking through a TA reduces your chance of getting an upgrade/bid offer? And would the email go to the TA, or directly to the cruiser?

Curious if everyone that has been given the option booked directly through NCL

We booked with a TA and received the upgrade/bid offer from NCL.

My sailing is still 6 weeks away but I watch cabin inventory daily:o We are in an Aft Balcony on the Escape and today it shows they are sold out. I put a low bid in on an aft PH (H6) and a fwd PH (H7) in a mock booking it shows 3 and 4 available for the PH's. Now I am considering upping my bid a little:D

Just got my upgrade bid accepted, mid-ship inside, to mid-ship balcony, for this Saturday (April 1st) sailing on Escape. Weird how the offer came though as I booked through a TA, along with another couple, at the exact same time, sitting next to one another. We received the offer to bid, they did not :confused:

Waiting for getaway april 02. We bid from a balcony to a mini-suite, i bid low $100 per personne as it is just a bigger bathroom, but will love to have a bigger bathroom. And if i don't get it no problem i'm happy with my balcony

Just got my upgrade bid accepted, mid-ship inside, to mid-ship balcony, for this Saturday (April 1st) sailing on Escape. Weird how the offer came though as I booked through a TA, along with another couple, at the exact same time, sitting next to one another. We received the offer to bid, they did not :confused:

what did you bid?