Overnight in Labadee

GoochDSA

I have never heard of it, but it does have interesting possibilities.

I am on that sailing. The reason we are overnighting in Labadee is because our stop in Samana was cancelled due to unrest there. A previous cruise in January that had a stop at Samana cancelled, overnighted in San Juan.

Edited by dedosr

I am on this cruise and from everything that I've been told, we will not be allowed off the ship the first day we get there. We will only be allowed off the second day. I'm sure I'll be told 10 different things between now and then but will be interesting to see what they allow us to do overnight.

Bummer, shoots all this talk right in the foot.

OK TOTALLY off topic but I have to ask. Why do I have to scroll across to read all the replies on the first page? Is it because one person has all their cruises listed horizontally?

Yes, it just takes one post to cause horizontal scrolling for the entire page.

Yes, it just takes one post to cause horizontal scrolling for the entire page.

Thought I was on the right track but didn't want to make a fool of myself again.;):D

You can disable signatures in your user control panel. That has made this forum immensely more readable for me. The change only applies when logged in.

Yes, that's an option but most signatures I find interesting for one reason or another. Too bad we can't turn off individual signatures. Of course, another option is the ignore feature.

Edited by iheartbda

On our first visit to Labadee, they had an annoucement telling everyone to make sure they were on the last tender or they would be left overnight. We sat there silently for a few minutes and started plotting getting enough fruit and food to last for the next day or two and where we would hide until the last tender left to come out of hiding. Can't wait to hear whether they get to get off the ship and if they have activities planned for the night. I've always thought it would be fun to be a little bit shipwrecked...but only for one day and night..lol.

Labadee has a dock now, it is no longer a tender port. I can't wait to read reviews of that sailing, it has the potential to be a great stop.

I am on this cruise and from everything that I've been told, we will not be allowed off the ship the first day we get there. We will only be allowed off the second day. I'm sure I'll be told 10 different things between now and then but will be interesting to see what they allow us to do overnight.

I am sure that the reason for this is due to capacity at the island.

The Allure is in Labadee on the 24'th and from what I have seen of Labadee schedules they do not schedule another ship in Labadee the same day as Allure or Oasis.

On the 25'th the schedule shows both the Quantum and the Liberty in port. It will be insanely busy that day but at least you will be the first ones on the island.

You leave something on a chair over night in Labadee and I can almost promise you the next day someone will be selling it in the vendor's area and telling people how his father wrote the book and his grandmother made the towel.

Reminds me of this picture I took in the market at Labadee. I never knew India was part of Haiti:

P1010194crop_zpsb22e3eff.jpg

Edited by ahecht

Reminds me of this picture I took in the market at Labadee. I never knew India was part of Haiti:
Well Columbus thought Hispaniola (Haiti + D.R.) was part of India. Maybe the Haitians haven't heard differently.
I would pay good money to spend the night in a cabana there....as long as I didn't get eaten alive by the bugs.
Malaria is endemic in Haiti, but is spread only by infected female Anopheles mosquitoes, rarely are out during the day. Up until now cruise passengers had left Labadee prior to dusk, and malaria risk was quite low; not so if you stay overnight.

You leave something on a chair over night in Labadee and I can almost promise you the next day someone will be selling it in the vendor's area and telling people how his father wrote the book and his grandmother made the towel.

And some people would post here that they were wowed because RCI beach towels are hand made by tropical locals. :)

I am also very interested in what the plan will be for the overnight in Labadee- I saw this itinerary on the Quantum and was totally puzzled. I wonder why such an amazing ship has such crazy itineraries- I would love to be on the Quantum, but between the itineraries and sailing out of New Jersey- I just haven't been motivated yet. Will def be following this topic!

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Labadee 31 Jan 2015 and stopped at the Information Building. I did not talk to the manager as I had a year ago, but no one seemed to know anything about Quantum overnighting, and there were no signs of any new lighting or other "night-time stuff". Nothing definitive in this, but that's all I can report.

Thom

I am sure that the reason for this is due to capacity at the island.

The Allure is in Labadee on the 24'th and from what I have seen of Labadee schedules they do not schedule another ship in Labadee the same day as Allure or Oasis.

On the 25'th the schedule shows both the Quantum and the Liberty in port. It will be insanely busy that day but at least you will be the first ones on the island.

God dammit!!!:mad: I will be on labadee with the liberty on the 25th.

Quantum is effing huge, labadee is definitely going to be over crowded.

God dammit!!!:mad: I will be on labadee with the liberty on the 25th.

Quantum is effing huge, labadee is definitely going to be over crowded.

True, but no one will get off Quantum. They will all be line for the amenities :rolleyes:

...On the 25'th the schedule shows both the Quantum and the Liberty in port. It will be insanely busy that day but at least you will be the first ones on the island.
On the schedules I see today on the RCI website, on 25 Mar 2015 Liberty is in Labadee 0730 - 1530 and will sail before Quantum arrives 1630. Are you seeing a different schedule?