Boarding Reflection today!

Mazbutler

Hi All

Just had to post as today is embark day in Rome (Civitavecchia). Thanks for all the good advice and information to get to today. You are all marvelous. If the Internet is good I will report in on board, so any questions/requests, just ask. Bring on the cocktails! :D:D:D

Maria

Bon Voyage Maria! I'm doing the exact same ship and itinerary as you are but on August 19th. I hope you'll review and share with us many tips! Have a great time!

Andrew.

Have a fabulous trip. We are on the 19th August sailing and I am looking for information as to what night the concert on the lawn might be. I hope you will be able to tell us after your cruise.

Happy sailing :)

Just ordered lunch at Bistro on 5. Smooth check in. Beautiful ship. Wonderful greetings front he staff. So excited to be here.

Andrew: will surely review everything

April: will definitely find out!

Must eat!

Is The Porch open on embarkation day?

How are the Zumba classes?

What kinds of massage/spa specials did they advertise during the cruise?

Did you see the grilled salmon/tuna offered at the Aqua Spa Cafe at lunch?

What was disembarkation in Rome like (hectic? how long did it take?)

What kind of system did they have when distributing tender tickets for some of the ports?

Thanks!

Hi All

Just had to post as today is embark day in Rome (Civitavecchia). Thanks for all the good advice and information to get to today. You are all marvelous. If the Internet is good I will report in on board, so any questions/requests, just ask. Bring on the cocktails! :D:D:D

Maria

We are on the Reflection the 17th of May boarding upon YOUR return :) What time were you able to embark? What was your very first drink? Do you have a drink in your hand right now?..If you don't you should :D We are right behind you :) Have a blast!!

All Y'all who are doing the 11 night med cruise this summer are expected to give in depth trip reports include copious amounts of pictures and videos of your adventures! There will be serious CC consequences for failure to comply.

I'm on the same itinerary in June 2014 and that is a long time away. Be interested to hear your thoughts about embarking and debarking in Civitavecchia. Hope you all have great trips!

Happy Sailing!

Some people on our June 17th roll call are wondering who will be the cruise director when we get our turn to sail! :D

If it is not too much trouble could you let us know who the current CD is and how long they will be on board?

Thanks and have a great trip.

Hi All

Maria

Have a great cruise Maria. Looking forward to your review and posts!!:):)

Just ordered lunch at Bistro on 5. Smooth check in. Beautiful ship. Wonderful greetings front he staff. So excited to be here.

Andrew: will surely review everything

April: will definitely find out!

Must eat!

Have a great cruise. We are sailing onboard Reflection next month and look forward to hearing all about your adventure.

Just sailing through the Straits of Messina this morning. So beautiful. Lovely weather after lots of rain yesterday. I have to say that this ship is so amazing. The staff are incredible, the ship pristine, the food delicious. We had dinner at Tuscan Grille last night and WOW! Our waiter even gave us his email address in case we are ever in his home town and he can show us around. The food was so good. DH hasn't stopped eating.

I am collecting all the information for my review afterwards.

Just a few things, the Porch was open for embarkation. The Bistro and Porch etc were very empty and the buffet was packed and chaotic.

Current CD is Damien De Lorenzis. I will try and find out how long he will be on for.

Embarking in Civitavecchia was really easy. We were on board in about 10 minutes all up. We are in a suite so not sure if that made a difference. All the lines looked pretty reasonable. We got on about 1145am.

Am taking notes of each day so I can remember and also keeping the dailies etc. we have our CC gathering in 5 minutes at the Sunset Bar. I got an invitation and also a message on the room phone about it.

Massage for DH and facial for me booked today.

What can I say? Best honeymoon ever!:)

So glad you are having a fantastic time. We are on the sailing straight after you so can't wait to hear your updates as your got along.

If you get chance, please could you let me know what nights are formal?

Enjoy every minute of it. :D

Just sailing through the Straits of Messina this morning. So beautiful. Lovely weather after lots of rain yesterday. I have to say that this ship is so amazing. The staff are incredible, the ship pristine, the food delicious. We had dinner at Tuscan Grille last night and WOW! Our waiter even gave us his email address in case we are ever in his home town and he can show us around. The food was so good. DH hasn't stopped eating.

Just a few things, the Porch was open for embarkation. The Bistro and Porch etc were very empty and the buffet was packed and chaotic.

Current CD is Damien De Lorenzis. I will try and find out how long he will be on for.

Embarking in Civitavecchia was really easy. We were on board in about 10 minutes all up. We are in a suite so not sure if that made a difference. All the lines looked pretty reasonable. We got on about 1145am.

Am taking notes of each day so I can remember and also keeping the dailies etc. we have our CC gathering in 5 minutes at the Sunset Bar. I got an invitation and also a message on the room phone about it.

Thank you. Looking forward to the review. Have fun!

Ciao!

All Y'all who are doing the 11 night med cruise this summer are expected to give in depth trip reports include copious amounts of pictures and videos of your adventures! There will be serious CC consequences for failure to comply.Happy Sailing!

I think by the time I post my review for the August 19th sailing, you'll know everything there is to know and then some!

Mazbutler,

You are so kind to take the time to publish posts about your trip. We'll be on the Reflection next week, and your info makes us anticipate our voyage even more -- it that's possible. Hope your trip continues to be wonderful! :)

Have a wonderful honeymoon - it sounds fantastic so far! Glad you enjoyed Tuscan Grille.

Was that awful Turkish woman "Godzilla" who treated JW and Jerome so poorly still working there - I sure hope not!!

Hi All

Just having a quick bite in Oia before heading back to the ship. So beautiful here. Our weather has not been great but it is learning now. Cable car was chaotic, especially in the rain. Have been working my way through the Molecular Bar cocktails. Qsine last night was amazing but as everyone reports, alot of food!

I am not sure if Godzilla was at Tuscan. How could anyone be mean to JW and Jerome? Crazy.

Formal nights are the sea days. Good mix of tuxedos and jackets.

Saw SinCity last night. Soooooo funny. Everyone was in stitches.

Best get back to the ship before she leaves without us:D

image.jpg.980581dfd64a033c08f8cf402428e294.jpg

Bummer about the weather but so glad you are enjoying yourself! Say hi to Suzana at the Molecular - i LOVED the Mr.B - she would call it a MrsB when I ordered it as my last name starts with a "B" LOL :)

Oh, and the ginger mojito and the Dragonfly and the Lucky Cat... YUM!

The Reflection is a lovely ship - we really enjoyed are cruise on her in April - I hope you have as much fun!

Happy cruising!

Thanks for the formal night info and I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the weather improves.

Say hi to Suzana at the Molecular - i LOVED the Mr.B - she would call it a MrsB when I ordered it as my last name starts with a "B" LOL

How funny - I was also going to ask you to hi to Suzanna from Carolynn and Tony if you get chance. We sailed with her on Silhouette and she was fab and we are so pleased she is on Reflection with us next week. The Cazarita is my fav although the OH loved the Autumn Breeze as well as the Mr B.

Enjoy the rest of your honeymoon and please leave Reflection nice and shipshape for us next week :D:D:D

Hi All

Just having a quick bite in Oia before heading back to the ship. So beautiful here. Our weather has not been great but it is learning now. Cable car was chaotic, especially in the rain. Have been working my way through the Molecular Bar cocktails. Qsine last night was amazing but as everyone reports, alot of food!

I am not sure if Godzilla was at Tuscan. How could anyone be mean to JW and Jerome? Crazy.

Formal nights are the sea days. Good mix of tuxedos and jackets.

Saw SinCity last night. Soooooo funny. Everyone was in stitches.

Best get back to the ship before she leaves without us:D

Hi, we're joining the ship on the 17th as you leave and we can't wait :D

Can you tell me how the tenders worked in Santorini? Did all the passengers taking the ships excursions leave first and the rest have to wait their turn? I'm just trying to work out how quickly we can get ashore for our DIY trip.

Thanks, Jennifer

Hi, we're joining the ship on the 17th as you leave and we can't wait :D

Can you tell me how the tenders worked in Santorini? Did all the passengers taking the ships excursions leave first and the rest have to wait their turn? I'm just trying to work out how quickly we can get ashore for our DIY trip.

Thanks, Jennifer

Having cruised to Santorini twice I believe they still sail to an area just so the Ship Tour attendees can tender out. Then they move to another spot, (no anchor) where everyone else piles off and is tendered to Fira to either climb, donkey ride or cable car up the cliff. IMHO - Do the donkey ride!

2MC

Archived