All things Getaway

Medtech2

Well here's the hoopla I know of

Meyer Werft webcam of Getaway.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

Positive hoopla

...Press Releases http://getaway.ncl.com/latest/press-releases/

......Oct 17, 2013 Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders named Godmothers of Norwegian Getaway

......Oct 1, 2013 - Viva Miami! Norwegian Getaway to Debut South Florida-Themed Restaurants, Bars

...They've added two 1 day escape cruises prior to her transatlantic

.....1 Day Escape from Rotterdam (to Southampton) Jan 13, 2014

.....1 Day Escape from Southampton (Cruise to Nowhere) Jan 14, 2014

Negative hoopla :P

...Their maiden voyage is a winter transatlantic voyage. Not ideal.

...They changed the transatlantic itinerary from Southampton to Miami to Southampton to New York upsetting travel plans. This was done because immediately following she's been chartered as a floating hotel for the Super Bowl.

Edited by kylenyc

The Breakaway was a brand new concept, so I think people were salivating to learn everything they could. With the Getaway being another Breakaway class ship, there is so much we already know, just based on it being a copy of the Breakway in many ways.

We recently had a small thread on here about the restaurant concepts being revealed and I was particularly excited about how they are using the Deck 16 restaurant. Sounds awesome.

http://www.getaway.ncl.com/latest/press-releases/viva-miami-norwegian-getaway-to-debut-south-florida-themed-restaurants-bars/view/2013-10-01

Our roll call is slow. Wondering if the two ships being debuted so close together has softened the interest in the Getaway. People are still excited to talk Breakaway.

This may be a bit more subdued than The Breakaway, but there is plenty of excitement building. Her "Float Out" is due within the next three weeks.

I can hardly wait to get to Southampton and go aboard for Her Maiden Crossing- New York City here we come. This cruise is going to be so much fun.

Different and exciting than the Breakaway...

Godmothers - The Miami Dolphin Cheerleaders

The Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders will christen Miami’s ultimate ship, Norwegian Getaway, as the official Godmothers.

MiamiDolphinCheerleaders-small.jpg

The Flamingo Bar & Grill

Complimentary restaurant on Deck 16, will serve food with a Latin flair throughout the day. An extensive menu is offered, including traditional favorites like pulled pork (pierna asada); steak chimichurri (bistec con chimichurri); fried yucca (yuca frita); spinach empanadas (empanadas de espinaca); and guava turnovers (pastelitos de guayaba). Desserts include caramel custard (flan de leche); rice pudding (arroz con leche) and three milks cake (tres leches). A variety of regional drinks and Cuban coffee will be available to complement the meal.

nclGtwyFlamingoBarGrillsmall.jpg

Sugarcane Mojito Bar

Will serve mojitos and rum-based cocktails from an island-themed setting on Deck 8 with both indoor and outdoor spaces. The bronze bar features banana leaves made of bronze relief which also circle the dual columns. The atmosphere is tropical and relaxed with leather and rattan furniture.

nclGtwySugarcaneMojitosmall.jpg

nclGtwySugarcaneMojitoExteriorsmall.jpg

Legally Blonde - The Musical

This seven-timeTony Award-nominated musical proves once and for all that blondes do have more fun. Described as “an absolutely incredible show” by News Guardian, Legally Blonde: The Musical tells the story of sorority girl Elle Woods who, after being dumped by her boyfriend, follows him to Harvard Law School to win him back. But with the help of newfound friends, she realizes that being smart is so much better than getting the guy. Join Elle on her incredible adventure, and don’t miss the show that critics call “a triumph” and “…ridiculously enjoyable from start to finish.” It’s the most fabulous musical around and it’s only on Norwegian Getaway.

NCLGetawayTheatersmall.jpg

The Grammy Experience

During the day, check out the GRAMMY® museum. At night, step into the first-ever GRAMMY® Experience at sea, featuring live jazz and R&B performances by past GRAMMY® winners and nominees. Sit inside or outside along The Waterfront and enjoy cool jazz surrounded by warm ocean breezes.

nclGtwyGrammysLivesmall.jpg

Edited by kylenyc

Illusionarium

Come and witness the magical mysteries of the Illusionarium. Built in the late 1800s by the brilliant Professor Vernon Royce, the Illusionarium and its mesmerizing design is a place of amazement and wonder. Once inside, you'll enjoy a remarkable entertainment and dining experience while you're transported to a fantasy world like no other. Along the way, you'll meet a cast of interesting characters and witness world-class magicians, illusionists and mentalists making this a memorable – and magical – experience for all.

nclGtwyIllusionariumLobbyEntrySmall.jpg

The Breakaway was a brand new concept, so I think people were salivating to learn everything they could. With the Getaway being another Breakaway class ship, there is so much we already know, just based on it being a copy of the Breakway in many ways.

We recently had a small thread on here about the restaurant concepts being revealed and I was particularly excited about how they are using the Deck 16 restaurant. Sounds awesome.

http://www.getaway.ncl.com/latest/press-releases/viva-miami-norwegian-getaway-to-debut-south-florida-themed-restaurants-bars/view/2013-10-01

Our roll call is slow. Wondering if the two ships being debuted so close together has softened the interest in the Getaway. People are still excited to talk Breakaway.

Lol, my roll call isn't just slow--I am the only one on it!

Thanks Ben's Butler, for the info and pics. I am definitely going to like this ship! While I much prefer Breakaway's home port and Bermuda, I think I am really going to enjoy this ship's style.

The trip will definitely be cheaper all around as I won't be tempted to tour a whole week before, like I did in NYC...

Getaway is on my radar! Gorgeous ship.

I saw they are offering a 2 night cruise feb 3-5, 2014 from nyc. I was excited until I realized it was a one way trip to Nassau.

http://m.ncl.com/mt/www5.ncl.com/sailings?N=4294927095&Ne=11&Ns=p_Itinerary_Featured%7C1%7C%7Cp_Itinerary_Featured_Weight%7C0%7C%7Cp_Duration%7C0&Nu=p_Itinerary_Code&key=GETAWAY2NYCNAS

Did the charter fall through?

Edited by ohiogymrat

I saw they are offering a 2 night cruise feb 3-5, 2014 from nyc. I was excited until I realized it was a one way trip to Nassau.

http://m.ncl.com/mt/www5.ncl.com/sailings?N=4294927095&Ne=11&Ns=p_Itinerary_Featured%7C1%7C%7Cp_Itinerary_Featured_Weight%7C0%7C%7Cp_Duration%7C0&Nu=p_Itinerary_Code&key=GETAWAY2NYCNAS

How very odd! If you wanted to get yourself down to Nassau for vacation, this would be very cheap and entertaining transportation, I would think! $99 for an inside.

I know the Getaway was booked as a floating hotel for Superbowl fans, but I don't follow football, so I'm not sure what dates that covers. So, where does Getaway go after Nassau, and why make passengers get off there?

How very odd! If you wanted to get yourself down to Nassau for vacation, this would be very cheap and entertaining transportation, I would think! $99 for an inside.

I know the Getaway was booked as a floating hotel for Superbowl fans, but I don't follow football, so I'm not sure what dates that covers. So, where does Getaway go after Nassau, and why make passengers get off there?

The superbowl is feb 2 and I believe the first Miami cruise is feb 8th. So maybe there is another charter.

Very odd indeed, especially since we are talking about all this happening in 4 months or so.

I received this morning that the "Float Out" for The Getaway may happened over the 1st weekend in November (November 2nd or 3rd).

As I understand it, there will be at least one cruise out of New York City between Her arrival on Sunday January 26th and Super Bowl weekend-January 31st-February 2nd (Game Day).

The superbowl charter is January 29 to February 3, and the 2 nighter follows it. So, I'm guessing they scheduled this 2 nighter a repositioning cruise to avoid violating the Passenger Vessel Services Act, then get it to Miami to start its inaugural run.

Edited by kylenyc

The superbowl charter is January 29 to February 3, and the 2 nighter follows it. So, I'm guessing they scheduled this 2 nighter a repositioning cruise to avoid violating the Passenger Vessel Services Act, then get it to Miami to start its inaugural run.

Its just odd to end a cruise in nassau. Im actually curious when people can get off the ship, it shows a time of 7pm in nassau.

Maybe they will issue a press release explaining the two day cruise.

Will be interesting to read that cruise review. :)

Sure there will be more to come on the Getaway...especially since they can highlight some of the differences (like the Illusionarium). When Royal Caribbean's Allure came out after Oasis, there wasn't as much fanfare, but still she got her own share so sure the Getaway will too! ;)

I may just have to book that 2-nighter. Mid-terms are over by then ... so tempting ....

Airfare from NYC to Nassau on that date starts at about $373 pp. You could get there for $99 in an inside on the Getaway, stay a few days and then fly home.;). You might even have the whole ship pretty much to yourself. I don't think there will be too much demand for a one way.

So would it be a violation of the PSVA, or whatever they call it, to leave from NYC, stop in Nassau, and then disembark you in Miami?

I received this morning that the "Float Out" for The Getaway may happened over the 1st weekend in November (November 2nd or 3rd).

As I understand it, there will be at least one cruise out of New York City between Her arrival on Sunday January 26th and Super Bowl weekend-January 31st-February 2nd (Game Day).

Norwegian Getaway set to float out in a week, on November 2 2013 at approx. 10.30 a.m.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwer...ge_termine.jsp