All things Getaway

Medtech2

Here is another video of the float out. I made it at the Meyer Werft, where the conveyance has started:

It was approx. 1:00am and I had much luck with the fog. If someone wants to see more from the "sea lock view", you can find a long version with this perspective on my youtube channel.

For those, who have not enough time to watch the video ... here are some pictures, too:

Norwegian-Getaway-Emsüberführung.Standbild002.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

Norwegian-Getaway-Emsüberführung.Standbild003.jpg

Norwegian-Getaway-Emsüberführung.Standbild001.jpg

In Miami, I see Getaway billboards everywhere. They are up and down interstate 95. Seems a bigger promotion than Epic.

May be the case but the buzz in the rest of the world is nowhere near as great as the Epic or the Breakaway. If they are counting on just the Miami area to fill the ship there will be plenty of last minute deals.

May be the case but the buzz in the rest of the world is nowhere near as great as the Epic or the Breakaway. If they are counting on just the Miami area to fill the ship there will be plenty of last minute deals.

I doubt that the many cruise ships which sail from Florida are filled with mostly Floridians and those who drive in. But, yes, the buzz was bigger for Breakaway simply because it was first, and because it was NYC.

Sailed on the Breakaway to Bermuda in Sept. Since I am in New york, I prefer to sail on Breakaway,which is NY Based.

Why fly to florida for the Getaway if I have the Breakaway, New york's Own

Why fly to Florida for the Getaway? Simply to avoid the risk of winter flight delays and cancellations when I'm trying to get to a cruise for one. Great if you live in NYC. I flew there once in warm weather because I wanted a Bermuda cruise, but would never do it in the winter.

And, you might eventually get tired of cruising to Bermuda or the Bahamas out of NYC;). So many more choices of destination when you leave from Florida, and less risk in the winter. I don't think they will have much trouble filling the ship.

Edited by punkincc

Sailed on the Breakaway to Bermuda in Sept. Since I am in New york, I prefer to sail on Breakaway,which is NY Based.

Why fly to florida for the Getaway if I have the Breakaway, New york's Own

Leaving out of NY for the Breakaway or any ship, depending on when you cruise......

you lose a day or 2 going as well as returning in regard to pool/outside days as it's simply too cold.

Harriet

Hello Everyone! I am sailing on the Getaway in April and again in August. I have been on the Epic 3 times and just did the Breakaway the end of September. I am excited about sailing on another new ship. It is great to read the excitement here and it makes me get excited about it too. I have 2 other cruises prior to the Getaway but looking forward to it. Enjoy your cruises!

:D:D we are on Feb 15th sailing.our 20th cruise,but first on a brand spanking new ship.had some trepidation about construction delays,but things are looking good.breakaway reviews are disappointing,but unless ship breraks down,toilets back up,or we lose power we will make the best of any glitches and have a great time!!:p:p:p

:D:D we are on Feb 15th sailing.our 20th cruise,but first on a brand spanking new ship.had some trepidation about construction delays,but things are looking good.breakaway reviews are disappointing,but unless ship breraks down,toilets back up,or we lose power we will make the best of any glitches and have a great time!!:p:p:p

I sailed on the Breakaway the end of September and I can truly say that I had a fabulous time. I read all of the reviews prior to the trip and can say I found nothing to complain about. I was in a forward facing penthouse and it was nothing short of fabulous. The staff were wonderful and the food was great. We all need to understand that when we sail on a new ship, so are the staff members and we have to expect they aren't used to the ship yet. I wonder sometimes when people complain if they just expect too much. I will say however, that some times things happen and I guess someone can be unhappy, however, you are on vacation... just get past it and enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't hold me to it, but I'm seriously contemplating a "live from" the Getaway TA. I'm thinking that I can't be reading all of the hours I'm planning in the Spa. It's almost certain I won't be frolicking in the pool, sipping mojitos on The Waterfront, or walking the plank. I know how much I was dying for news of the Breakaway when she first came out. To blog, or not to blog, that is the question…..:eek:

Edited by capp