All things Getaway

Medtech2

Tomorrow morning Northern Germany time, The Getaway will be handed over from Meyer Werft to Norwegian. Saturday She will begin Her journey southward to Southampton. On Thursday, the 16th She will begin Her journey from Southampton to New York City. On Monday, I begin my journey to Southampton to board Her on the 16th. I can not wait.

Tomorrow morning Northern Germany time, The Getaway will be handed over from Meyer Werft to Norwegian. Saturday She will begin Her journey southward to Southampton. On Thursday, the 16th She will begin Her journey from Southampton to New York City. On Monday, I begin my journey to Southampton to board Her on the 16th. I can not wait.

I can't wait for all of the pictures and reviews to come in!!!

My son and daughter-in-law are going to do the one-night float out from Southampton. I have a few questions....

Is the Illusionarium something that must be booked?

Is the Grammy area something that can just be visited at any time?

Does anyone have information on toddler childcare?

Thanks,

Maureen

I can answer the other two.

The Illusionarium is a dinner theater similar to the Spiegel Tent/Cirque Dreams on Breakaway & Epic. There is a cover charge of $39 per person which include dinner and dessert. If the quality is anything like Cirque Dreams it should be very entertaining.

The Grammy Experience is a will feature grammy caliber musicians. If it's equivalent to Fat Cats Jazz & Blues Club on Breakaway, then live musicians will perform every evening and no reservation is required. However it is first come first seated. During the day it may be closed for private events or used for ship activities such as bingo.

The Grammy Experience is a will feature grammy caliber musicians. If it's equivalent to Fat Cats Jazz & Blues Club on Breakaway, then live musicians will perform every evening and no reservation is required. However it is first come first seated. During the day it may be closed for private events or used for ship activities such as bingo.

On our February 8th voyage the Grammy Experience will feature Nestor Torres!

I really appreciated the photos....I like the much more subdued décor.

The Haven pool is open to the elements - my TA led me to believe it was glass enclosed so it could be used when my kids get on in Southampton on Tuesday. Wish they could be on it in better weather - but I think they will still have a great time.

I sent NCL a FB message asking that question...I'll let you know what I find out.

Seems like that's the case from the press release:

Nestor Torres will perform onboard Norwegian Getaway during the ship’s inaugural festivities and for the first Eastern Caribbean sailing from Miami on February 8, 2014.

To me it sounds like there will be other performers for sailings after 2/8.

Edited by weltek

I am looking forward to reviews of Illusionarium and the menu. The Cirque shows never interested me on the Epic or Breakaway.

Me too

There are so many fantastic magicians working cruise ships. And those shows are free. To charge $40 the show better be over the top!

Ok, so these photos have been posted in newly-created threads in the NCL forum, but they haven't been added to this thread yet. I came across them so I figured I do the honors (why mods didn't shift those threads into this one is beyond me...). Anyways...

Here's a post from a news site in the Netherlands with some great photos, very nice quality shots:

http://www.cruisereiziger.nl/2014/01/11/fotoreportage-norwegian-getawa/

And here's a site with some folks apparently doing a live blog. I've posted a link to the beginning of the photos form the Getaway midway through their forum blog (I'm assuming more photos yet to come):

http://forum.liveboat.it/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=8975&sid=e9c224b8d69f0d3fd7352f3396788ca0&start=60