Holy Cow, these Kids Sail Free Prices are AMAZING!!

Just put a THANKSGIVING cruise on Allure on hold. An interior for 4: $2,174. Are these prices for real??!! We were going to go to Disney, but I'm thinking we may need to postpone that trip and go for this one instead. Disney will always be about the same price, but Allure for $2K for a family of four over a holiday??! Unheard of!

HAHA for that one I would be jumping up and down on the bed!

OK, I just put LOS on courtesy hold, too, under DH's name. Now, we just have to figure out which one. If we did LOS, DH could probably do a conference at WDW over the weekend after Thanksgiving (they haven't announced one yet, but we've done one that time before, and they offer it pretty much every year). Decisions, decisions.

They also had LOS the same week (a 5 day) in a balcony for $1575. DH and I have a lot to talk about. He needs to WAKE UP!!!

Put it on hold w/ your credit card and then you can cancel if DH doesn't want to go.

Neither this sale or last months included Baltimore departures. Very sad.

I will paraphrase someone from main office. Baltimore sailings not offered on this special because they've been selling so well.

I just emailed my travel agent to check for the Oasis or Allure on Thanksgiving week. I'm so excited!!! Two cruises in one year would be a dream.

We already booked Oasis for thanksgiving while on Allure last week. I'm having our TA check to see how much we would save if we released and rebooked.

I'm also looking at sailing solo with the 3 kids in August on Explorer--hubby has to work. If we can get two of the 3 kids free and an upgrade from OV to balcony -sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ack, sorry about the above quote mishap. Still getting used to my app.

Also--I assume the "sail free" option would not apply to the Royal Family Suite, would it?

Ack, sorry about the above quote mishap. Still getting used to my app.

Also--I assume the "sail free" option would not apply to the Royal Family Suite, would it?

I am seeing the RFS on one sailing and it is pricing out with 3&4 free. You might have to call and see.

Edited by marci22

Saw this post and immediately booked the Thanksgiving sailing on the Allure. Ocean Balcony for $3800 for the four of us. The KSF promotion even applied to our 16-year-old son. Well, he'll be 17 for that sailing.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Edited by ksawyercruiser

Not so lucky on our Enchantment of the Seas sailing for the summer. We booked at $499pp (1st/2nd rate). With the "kids sail free" promotion, the rate jumps up to $707pp. :confused:

Technically, we'd still be saving some money with this promotion (a grand total of $86), but it's DEFINITELY not a huge saving.

Pretty deceptive. :mad:

Edited by Tapi

Not so lucky on our sailing pn our Enchantment of the Seas sailing for the summer. We booked at $499pp (1st/2nd rate). With the "kids sail free" promotion, the rate jumps up to $707pp. :confused:

Technically, we'd still be saving some money with this promotion (a grand total of $86), but it's DEFINITELY not a huge saving.

Pretty deceptive.

Ugh. We'll see what our TA finds our on Monday about our connecting BW balconies on the Oasis for Thanksgiving. I called Royal directly to check about a RFS and the sale does apply, but it's still prohibitively expensive--13k instead of the 15k we were previously quoted. A 2k savings is good but with the connecting BW view balconies around 7 total, I could take 2 cruises for the price of one!

I still want to check on Explorer for August 9, though.

I just called my travel agent and we were able to get great savings on the Allure Sept. 21, 2014 sailing. I was booked at $2809 for an inside L category cabin, and got the new price of $2025. That is a savings of $784 for our cabin with two adults and two kids. As long as you are before final payment, you should get the lower prices. I am a very happy cruiser.:D

The August 9 Explorer sailing had crap availability. They didn't have any more inside-to-oceanview upgrades, or any more oceanview-to-balcony upgrades. The best they could do was $3397 for the four of us for a D1 balcony, which for a 5-night sailing didn't impress me much. Looks like the kids will go to camp that week after all!