anyone feel queasy whilst watching the shows?

aussielozzie18

No, I am not referring to the acts themselves (although some of the comedians...). What I mean is do you find sitting in the theatre (which is at the front of the ship and down low) makes you feel a bit motion sensitive? I never felt seasick as such but I definitely felt the motion, particularly when watching movies on the big screen in the theatre.

(I would imagine that this may not be the case for the bigger ships such as the Oasis or the Allure as the theatres would be in various locations?).

No.

If you are watching the performer/s, any movement on the stage is at the same rate as in the audience, so there is nothing to feel different from a theater on land. And most of the time there is no significant movement in the ship anyway.

Yes, at times felt the motion, being out in the Pacific, or North of Polar Circle. Once a show was cancelled and the pool was drained for safety concerns. Sometimes felt the motion in the restaurant(s) that was located at the end of the ship. Buffet is on top, occasionally had to move from column to column for support ;) No, I don't drink, at least not at breakfast/lunch time.

No.

If you are watching the performer/s, any movement on the stage is at the same rate as in the audience, so there is nothing to feel different from a theater on land. And most of the time there is no significant movement in the ship anyway.

But wouldn't your body (inner ear?) possibly feel the motion, regardless of what your eyes are seeing?

I feel motion much more in areas like the theatre because my inner ear can't match the motion I'm feeling to the motion I'm seeing. I find sitting facing the way the ship is moving helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith1010

You are always the voice of reason. I don't post much but read what you have to say. I have had three ear surgeries and do just fine with most experiences onboard including the the theatre. If I have a problem, I just go look at the horizon!!

I was in the Queen Victoria's theater watching the latest Superman movie during some rough weather. It was interesting during the flying sequences. The ship's movement was almost in time with the movie. That was a strange feeling.

Don

No, I am not referring to the acts themselves (although some of the comedians...). What I mean is do you find sitting in the theatre (which is at the front of the ship and down low) makes you feel a bit motion sensitive? I never felt seasick as such but I definitely felt the motion, particularly when watching movies on the big screen in the theatre.

(I would imagine that this may not be the case for the bigger ships such as the Oasis or the Allure as the theatres would be in various locations?).

This can happen to anyone, but if the seas get too rough they will cancel the show for being unsafe.