New Room Service Menus - Large and Legible (huge pics)

triptolemus

Bravo, excellent team work putting it together from Keith - very readable even without bifocals or progressive lens on.

Where is French toast or waffles ?? - just a matter of spatula them from the buffet trays onto a plate, slap on a cover & roll them into the insulated delivery cart and send it out for dropoff - from what we saw on the BA, they no longer put these on a tray & run down those narrow corridors over their shoulders. It's fleet style delivery - going door-to-door so this can be slower, I think.

No guarantee for a reasonable delivery time frame after placing the order as a service benchmark ?? What if this take 30+ to 60 to 90 minutes and missed the promises for on-time performance in a reasonable manner - things get cold rather quickly when it traveled non-insulated along with multiple orders together by the attendants.

Bravo, excellent team work putting it together from Keith - very readable even without bifocals or progressive lens on.

No guarantee for a reasonable delivery time frame after placing the order as a service benchmark ?? What if this take 30+ to 60 to 90 minutes and missed the promises for on-time performance in a reasonable manner - things get cold rather quickly when it traveled non-insulated along with multiple orders together by the attendants.

It says to allow 30 minutes for cocktails. I think you are right and I can see some unhappy customers if there are delays and slow service when paying for it.

Rochelle

Thanks for the menu with the large font! The only problem is that the rest of the thread looks like it is written on the head of a pin, but I managed to decipher it.

Curious what your take is on the * statement at the bottom of the thread. Elsewhere, a couple cruisers who just debarked are claiming that an 18% auto grat is being added to EVERY order, even those with only free items. If that is the case, the only thing to apply the 18% to is the service fee itself.

Now it seems to read pretty clearly to me that the 18% is added to only non complimentry items. If in fact NCL is adding an auto grat to a service charge then they have really jumped the shark, IMO.

Now it seems to read pretty clearly to me that the 18% is added to only non complimentry items. If in fact NCL is adding an auto grat to a service charge then they have really jumped the shark, IMO.

Agreed, adding an "auto-grat" to a "service charge" would be shark-jump-worthy. But it's a "convenience charge" not a "service charge." So who knows?!

Thanks for the menu with the large font! The only problem is that the rest of the thread looks like it is written on the head of a pin, but I managed to decipher it.

Curious what your take is on the * statement at the bottom of the thread. Elsewhere, a couple cruisers who just debarked are claiming that an 18% auto grat is being added to EVERY order, even those with only free items. If that is the case, the only thing to apply the 18% to is the service fee itself.

It also states that taxes will be applied in certain ports. Local meals taxes, I presume?

Hope the quality improves! I was sick on a sea day last month so we ended up staying in and ordered room service. It took almost 45 minutes to arrive, which is okay...I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich which was only cooked on one side (?!) and cold, my DH had a cheeseburger which was also cold. Now, if I had to pay for it, I might of called and complained but then again I was pretty sick and not in the mood to discuss it at that time. I did let NCL know on our survey after our cruise.

Hi, am I right in thinking that the convenience charge is only applicable to room service on Breakaway and Getaway at present? I'm sailing on Jade later this month so I'm hoping it's still complimentary onboard her.

Jenny :confused:

Hi, am I right in thinking that the convenience charge is only applicable to room service on Breakaway and Getaway at present? I'm sailing on Jade later this month so I'm hoping it's still complimentary onboard her.

Jenny :confused:

The 'test' (AKA debut) on BA and GA ends next week. Who knows what will be the outcome? New Charges Line don't know yet (but we can SWAG that there will be a RS charge:rolleyes:).

If I were you, I would expect there to be a Room Service charge of some sort on the Jade next month - then you might be pleasantly surprised if there isn't one.

It also states that taxes will be applied in certain ports. Local meals taxes, I presume?

On previous cruises, I noticed that when you ordered a drink in Miami, you were charged a local sales tax. This may or may not be the case now. This was also true of the UBP for sodas.... we were charged the gratuity and a Miami tax. That is when I started buying UBP for sodas for the kids ahead of time (thus avoiding the Miami tax). Given the choice, I prefer not to pay taxes. :)

The 'test' (AKA debut) on BA and GA ends next week. Who knows what will be the outcome? New Charges Line don't know yet (but we can SWAG that there will be a RS charge:rolleyes:).

If I were you, I would expect there to be a Room Service charge of some sort on the Jade next month - then you might be pleasantly surprised if there isn't one.

Thanks for that SteveH! I'll keep my fingers crossed ;)

Hope the quality improves! I was sick on a sea day last month so we ended up staying in and ordered room service. It took almost 45 minutes to arrive, which is okay...I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich which was only cooked on one side (?!) and cold, my DH had a cheeseburger which was also cold. Now, if I had to pay for it, I might of called and complained but then again I was pretty sick and not in the mood to discuss it at that time. I did let NCL know on our survey after our cruise.

I too am at a loss wrt to this new RS fee although I am pleased that there will now be some hot options for breakfast. That being said, if it arrives cold: I am sending it back and I expect to get some hot (or at least warm) food is I am paying for RS. I will tip the attendant, I always have and always will. I refuse to let 7X5$ = 35$ ruin my vacation.

I LIKE THIS! For only $4.95 I can have food for four delivered to my cabin! Between us that will be a pizza, four burgers, two BLTs, and a few side items! In a heart beat I would pay $4.95 for the convenience of sitting on my butt out on my balcony while someone else brings us all food.

I LIKE THIS! For only $4.95 I can have food for four delivered to my cabin! Between us that will be a pizza, four burgers, two BLTs, and a few side items! In a heart beat I would pay $4.95 for the convenience of sitting on my butt out on my balcony while someone else brings us all food.

If you're on the Getaway......if on the Breakaway it'll cost you $ 7.95

Don't forget about the 18% auto gratuity!

Enjoy

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

The old menu was so limited that this menu is worth $4.95 if ordering a meal's worth of items. But if it is the same $4.95 charge for just a pot of coffee, not reasonable or fair. The balcony people get free coffee since they have a coffee pot in their room. OV and Inside cabins pay $4.95 for a pot of coffee??

The old menu was so limited that this menu is worth $4.95 if ordering a meal's worth of items. But if it is the same $4.95 charge for just a pot of coffee, not reasonable or fair. The balcony people get free coffee since they have a coffee pot in their room. OV and Inside cabins pay $4.95 for a pot of coffee??

Only if you're on the Getaway. If on the Breakaway it's costing $7.95 plus 18% auto gratuity.

Harriet

Absolutely correct a ^5 for you, that's the attitude that should be used. Also, if you don't like it...... then don't order it ! Not difficult.

If you're on the Getaway......if on the Breakaway it'll cost you $ 7.95

Don't forget about the 18% auto gratuity!

Enjoy

Harriet

Please read that again. It clearly states and I quote " *An 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to your check for non-complimentary beverage or special occasion items."

No where does it state that there will be an 18% gratuity on other items, only where there is an asterisk (*) that precedes the item description.

This is where many CCer's are getting the undies in a knot because they either believe what someone else has stated or are just to lazy to discover the real truth and facts and read it for themselves.

To those who have considered this to be a make or break item to book with or continue sailing with NCL, please make it a break and move on to an other cruise line. This will only make it easier for the rest of us that think this way to get the cabins of our choice, etc., etc. Nothing better than seeing smiling happy faces on a cruise than those grumpy, self- entitled stick-in-the-mud types. Do us all a favor and pick another cruise line to needlessly complain about. Go ahead and start the flaming, I'm wearing flame retardant undies ! :eek:

cheers...the Ump...:D

To those who have considered this to be a make or break item to book with or continue sailing with NCL, please make it a break and move on to an other cruise line. I'm wearing flame retardant undies ! :eek:

cheers...the Ump...:D

Does EVERY thread need to be hijacked by one forum member telling another what to do? Sheesh. SMH.

This thread is about the menu and the new charges. There is another 65-odd page one discussing the merit of staying versus leaving NCL.

Ump... be more like your signature and try to stay on-topic.