New info for AFT GS on Oasis and Allure

Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know of a new notification for the aft GS on the Oasis and Allure. While talking to a reservation agent today, they informed me that there is a new warning on those suites. Because duct work could not be moved, those suites are not appropriate for people over 5'9" tall. He said that it had to do with the shower/bathroom. I was specifically asking him about the Allure, but when I asked about the Oasis, he said the warning was for both ships.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the information.

Did he say that they are not letting people book them over 5'9".

We have one booked and my husband is 6'1".

Did he say when this went into effect?

I guess I can call and confirm and see if they can switch us to another room if it is a safety issue and not allowed.

Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know of a new notification for the aft GS on the Oasis and Allure. While talking to a reservation agent today, they informed me that there is a new warning on those suites. Because duct work could not be moved, those suites are not appropriate for people over 5'9" tall. He said that it had to do with the shower/bathroom. I was specifically asking him about the Allure, but when I asked about the Oasis, he said the warning was for both ships.

Hope this helps!

Only Royal Caribbean would add a Grand Suite and not be able to book to anyone over 5'9" tall due to a construction issue. LOLOL!!!

I guess I can call and confirm and see if they can switch us to another room if it is a safety issue and not allowed.

There would not be a safety issue. The ceiling is slighter lower in the suite and you can see this by comparing the amount of space above the glass sliding door leading to the balcony on a regular grand suite versus the new aft GS. The issue is that the bath tub has to be raised off the floor a few inches thus lowering the amount of room in the shower only.

Let me know what they say. I'm 5'10". I knew the shower was low and not ideal for really tall people, but I didn't think I would have a problem.

Is "vertically endowed" a new disability class? I'd like to know if RCI has to make arrangements for the "height enhanced" people like myself - I'm 6'6".

Actually I don't mind ducking once in a while but I do think that airlines need to accommodate for long legged people.

Is "vertically endowed" a new disability class? I'd like to know if RCI has to make arrangements for the "height enhanced" people like myself - I'm 6'6".

Actually I don't mind ducking once in a while but I do think that airlines need to accommodate for long legged people.

I'm 6'5"and don't mind ducking once in awhile either and I also agree with your airline view but one thing I can't stand is a low shower head.

This does not make sense, has anybody been in these suites???

We have, I am 6'1'' and had to duck to take a shower.. Would not book again. The room is just awkward period and not worth the cash. Book a regular GS or OS for the $$.

Edited by CaribSailor

We have, I am 6'1'' and had to duck to take a shower.. Would not book again. The room is just awkward period and not worth the cash. Book a regular GS or OS for the $$.

Did you hit your head on the ceiling of the shower if you were standing upright?

I have this booked and my husband would not be happy to spend this much money and have to duck to take a shower.

Which cabin number did you have? I know the ones on deck 14 are much smaller than say deck 11 which would be the largest. I have deck 11 11330 booked for April.

I have visited 11330 and did not find the set up awkward but this would be one of the larger of the 6 newly created cabins

I had one saved and changed to a reg GS after looking at the pictures i did not like the setup of the room at all it did look small and awkward and i didnt even know about the shower at that time.The only plus to that suite is the balcony.

Typical. We booked an aft GS the minute they became available. Then we immediately heard about this problem from the first few cruisers and I switched out as fast as I could to a regular GS. Mr Wolf is 6'5 and no way would he have been happy crouching in the shower for a week. Plus we like the 2 sinks and these only have 1. I can't believe it took them this long to make this issue public. Wait...yes I can. :D

Typical. We booked an aft GS the minute they became available. Then we immediately heard about this problem from the first few cruisers and I switched out as fast as I could to a regular GS. Mr Wolf is 6'5 and no way would he have been happy crouching in the shower for a week. Plus we like the 2 sinks and these only have 1. I can't believe it took them this long to make this issue public. Wait...yes I can. :D

Yes I remember you switched your cabin because of your very tall husband:). I thought I would be ok at 5'10" but now they are saying 5'9". I know it is only an inch but goodness...the clearance is a lot lower than I expected.

We had one of the original Aqua Theater Suites on Deck 9 last November, and the ceiling in the tub/shower in the Master Bathroom is the same way. It's not as much of a problem in those suites, since there's a second bathroom and the shower in the second bathroom is normal height.

Thanks for info, I love AFT cabins and also Grand suites but at 6' 4" I need to rule this out

Did you hit your head on the ceiling of the shower if you were standing upright?

I have this booked and my husband would not be happy to spend this much money and have to duck to take a shower.

Yes I did and on the doorway into the bathroom.

Edited by CaribSailor

Which cabin number did you have? I know the ones on deck 14 are much smaller than say deck 11 which would be the largest. I have deck 11 11330 booked for April.

I have visited 11330 and did not find the set up awkward but this would be one of the larger of the 6 newly created cabins

We had 11330.