Which is your preferred dining option.

terrierjohn

Which Princess dining choice do you prefer?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. Which Princess dining choice do you prefer?

• First sitting Traditional Dining.
    • Second sitting Traditional Dining.
    • Anytime Dining.
    • Horizon Court Buffet.

Seems a number of years since we had a Princess dining poll so which is your preference? We always opt for Anytime Dining, so let's see which is the current favourite.

Dining Poll? There's talk about traditional vs. personal choice going on here all the time. :D That being said, we opt only for PC, started using it when it was first introduced and will never go back to traditional.

Pia

Ours too Pia! We like to have a relaxed dinner on at least a couple of nights in the HC.Traveling companion would do HC everynight, I like to be waited on in the dining room but don't mind HC a few times during the cruise.

I like early. I'm not a late eater. Also, I like the waitstaff knowing my likes and dislikes. I think they would try a little harder maybe due to potential tip at the end of the cruise.

Ha, ha! I'm the only one who prefers the Horizon Court buffet! :)

LOL...it was a hard choice between Anytime and Horizon Court Buffet, lol, but I finally picked Anytime! :p

I DO like eating in the dining room too, but the buffet is so quick and easy, lol.

Hi John. Up until now it's been anytime but I find that often the service is just too slow. I can sit at a table just so long. Next Princess cruise it's back to 1st traditional. I also like to get to know our waiters.

20 % for early / 20% for late and basically the rest for anytime....

So one can glean that Princess should dedicate at least 80% of it's full service dining rooms to anytime, and 20 % to early followed by late seating's. :rolleyes:

I like it!

Late traditional, with the back up of the Horizon Court.

I like the idea that the waitstaff gets to know us. We've had waiters that after the first night, when I request lemon slices for my salad, will automatically bring a plate of slices with the bread.

As for anytime, that sounds too much like just showing up to any restaurant at home.

As for anytime' date=' that sounds too much like just showing up to any restaurant at home.[/quote']

LOL!

And to me eating at the same time with the exact same people (whether you like them or not) each day sounds a lot like the dining situation offered in the military or chow time in prison

LOL!

And to me eating at the same time with the exact same people (whether you like them or not) each day sounds a lot like the dining situation offered in the military or chow time in prison

Exactly! We go way back with lots of cruising prior to "choice." Stuck at tables with people you didn't want to be with and then switched to another table where they had different names but were still the same. We suffered through many a meal and don't have to do that anymore. Now, unless we're travelling with others, dine where and when we want and if we meet another couple/couples (which happens quite often)we can ultimately bond and dine together. Sentence too long, but you get the idea. :D

Pia

We enjoy late traditional and have done it every cruise except one when we didn't get our choice. We ended up in Anytime... but make it the equivalent with a standing 8:15 reservation.

We enjoy the sail away time up on deck at one of the outside bars with a drink before dinner. It gives us the time to be somewhat leisure after a long port day. If we get hungry we just wander up to the Horizon Court for a "tide me over" snack. We also like the idea of seeing the shows after dinner then usually heading for bed.

I have a two-word answer for why we choose late-traditional dining. . . "Afternoon Tea." We love the afternoon tea and little pastries and scones. The best scones ever! There is no time to enjoy afternoon tea if there is early dining.

The other reasons are no rush back when we go ashore, and more adults at late seating.

Archived