Link for Great Cruise Packing List

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/dcl/CruisingUltimatePackingList.shtml

I thought I would share this packing list that I found online this morning. I got a little excited...I admit it I am a person that needs a packing list. ;)

I thought my list was complete. I have replaced mine with this.

Thanks for sharing.

No way would I bring all that stuff with me and fortunately I don't travel with kids so none of that stuff either.

I think having a Highlighter, Magic Marker, Sharpie AND a Dry Erase Marker w/ a board.....is a little over the top. And what do I need an address book for??? I've got a contacts list in my cell phone. And stamps? What would I use them for? I'm out of the country, they don't work in foreign ports.

I'm a compulsive list maker. I make them, save them to my computer and add or subtract things when I come back. My lists are specific rather than generic. I list specific t-shirts, specific pants, specific shorts etc.

I wish I could do something like this - but it would make me nuts :D

I'm a compulsive list maker. I make them, save them to my computer and add or subtract things when I come back. My lists are specific rather than generic. I list specific t-shirts, specific pants, specific shorts etc.

Hello, fellow list-maker! :D It's odd--I make lists for EVERYTHING except packing! I don't know why I don't and I rarely forget anything. I think it's because I'm such a planner that by the time I pack, I've planned it out so much I know exactly what to put in my suitcase.

Like okgirl, I would never bring all that stuff--I need an extra suitcase! DD and I are traveling in Europe for three weeks following our 12-night Baltic cruise next month and were each taking only one carry-on sized suitcase. So, none of those extras for us! :D

I am totally a list-maker too. I already have a packing list that I modified from one that used to be linked on these boards several years ago - it was called "The Ultimate Packing List." I organize it by piece of luggage too, so that I know what I will put into each piece of luggage (helps to remember to keep valuables in carry-on, as well as a change of clothes should the main luggage be lost in transit anywhere).

My family and friends lovingly poke fun at me all the time every time I go on vacation. They ask a month or two ahead of time if I have my "binder" done yet.

I put together binders for most trips. The binders contain every bit of info I could possibly need for the trip and are organized by labeled tabs. I have a section for airline tickets & info (if applicable), hotel information, maps of areas, any excursions, area restaurant or activity info, etc. I put all confirmations, etc. in the binders. Everyone likes to make fun of me, but they all seem to ask me for some piece of info on the trip and when I can quickly pull it up in the binder, they are always happy that I have my binder, and they have now come to depend on me and my trusty binder. :-)

I am totally a list-maker too. I already have a packing list that I modified from one that used to be linked on these boards several years ago - it was called "The Ultimate Packing List." I organize it by piece of luggage too, so that I know what I will put into each piece of luggage (helps to remember to keep valuables in carry-on, as well as a change of clothes should the main luggage be lost in transit anywhere).

My family and friends lovingly poke fun at me all the time every time I go on vacation. They ask a month or two ahead of time if I have my "binder" done yet.

I put together binders for most trips. The binders contain every bit of info I could possibly need for the trip and are organized by labeled tabs. I have a section for airline tickets & info (if applicable), hotel information, maps of areas, any excursions, area restaurant or activity info, etc. I put all confirmations, etc. in the binders. Everyone likes to make fun of me, but they all seem to ask me for some piece of info on the trip and when I can quickly pull it up in the binder, they are always happy that I have my binder, and they have now come to depend on me and my trusty binder. :-)

I'm the same way--I'm mocked for my planning, but then we're on vacation I hear choruses of "Thank you, Mom! This is so much fun!" So there! :p LOL. I'm down to just DD and me on vacations and we're traveling for five weeks this summer--you should see the size of my binder! :eek:

Don't forget your Midol, dry erase board, fanny packs, sweat band and kids bath wash! :rolleyes:

Newbies: you don't need a third of this stuff. You're going on a floating hotel. They have soap, Kleenex, shampoo, pens, all the food you can possibly dream of, paper, house phones, lightbulbs :rolleyes:, etc etc-

This list would give me an immediate anxiety attack if I tried to follow it.

I'm the same way--I'm mocked for my planning, but then we're on vacation I hear choruses of "Thank you, Mom! This is so much fun!" So there! :p LOL. I'm down to just DD and me on vacations and we're traveling for five weeks this summer--you should see the size of my binder! :eek:

Oh I know exactly how big that binder must be. My husband and I went to England and Scotland for 2 weeks for our honeymoon, and that binder was ginormous! People will mock our binders, but they are ALWAYS grateful for them.

I must have my packing list, as I am a bit OCD. I work on the list for a couple months here and there when I think of things before I ever actually start packing. Then when I actually start packing, it is so much easier, and it reduces my stress when we actually hit the road. I don't have to worry about what I might be forgetting.

Oh I know exactly how big that binder must be. My husband and I went to England and Scotland for 2 weeks for our honeymoon, and that binder was ginormous! People will mock our binders, but they are ALWAYS grateful for them.

I must have my packing list, as I am a bit OCD. I work on the list for a couple months here and there when I think of things before I ever actually start packing. Then when I actually start packing, it is so much easier, and it reduces my stress when we actually hit the road. I don't have to worry about what I might be forgetting.

True! :D We're going to 12 countries. I usually divide the binder by ports, but this time, it's a 12-day cruise and three weeks on land. So, it's divided by hotels, transportation (this has plane tickets, train passes and schedules, car rental reservations, etc), excursions and tickets, walking tours, maps and guides, and miscellaneous. :D This week-end I'm doing a packing test run. That's something I've never done before, but we're taking less luggage for this five-week trip than we usually take for a seven-night cruise, so I need to test it out. I just refuse to drag big bags around Europe for weeks!

Very nice packing list. I have printed one up for our Oct cruise and saved it in my favorites. I think I'm to the point of needing a list since last cruise I left DH medication at home and had to have the insurance co do an emergency fill since home was three hours away when I realized I'd left it.:eek:

Well, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only compulsive list maker!

In addition to the packing lists, I have what I like to call Clothing Charts. They list specific t-shirts, specific pants, specific shorts etc. down to the day and time (Breakfast, Excursion, MDR etc.) that I will need them.

I am a compulsive list maker for everything. My children told me they were not going to go with me anymore as I schedule everything also. I used to schedule out bathroom breaks until they said enough is enough! However when they both went on their first cruise without me they both remarked how much I really did help with the planning.

To the poster that said the list forgot a contact lens case. I solved that this year as I went to daily contacts so I would not have to pack solution or a case. I am a "like it" simple kind of gal!

Hi, my name is Bookbug and I am a list maker. ;)

I also have a 'travel binder' which some of you will understand and some not so much. :o

For years I have worked from Calgons Ultimate list. Now some people make fun because

they think you pack everything on the list. Not so!

I just use it so I don't forget something I might need based on the

particular trip I am taking.

Right now my binder is keeping track of 3 cruises (first time ever that has happened) and

also a trip to New Hampshire in August and a 3 day excursion to Boston in July.

For all you scoffers out there I can put my finger on every confirmation, address,

phone number, reservation, and list in a moment's notice! I know necessary flight numbers,

"I will be delayed" numbers, and the number of those very nice people in NH where we are

staying later this summer. I have the address of the liquor store in FLL where I will get my

bottle of wine to take on board, and know the locals recommended best places to eat in NOLA.

AFTER I get where I am going, and/or the ship has sailed, I will relax totally because I took care of

it as best I could while I needed to.....

My name is Bookbug and I am a PROUD list maker! :D:D

Archived