Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

*walks in*

I heard there was a party somewhere? :D

You beat FreestyleNovice to the Everything Encore thread! Except this doesn't say everything encore... So does FSN need to start another?? :D

He’s at work... I purposely refrained from using the “official” thread name so he can start it up. Traditions matter! :)

Too much credit, we all contribute with a great community! Let's ask the mods to rename this one as all the available info has been shared, first speculation has already started so this is the one for me!

Let's do this! :cool:

First post and no deck-plans? A rather disappointing start.

I *did* check EU.Encore.NCL.com but it's not live yet, I guess we'll be waiting for the new intern to upload them.. :P

Inward lifeboats for Encore by the way, same indents as Bliss and Joy in the superstructure. A large difference is the further aft placed stabilizer fin, needed for the extra aft deck?

Will this one be built like the Bliss to be able to travel through Panama Canal I wonder? Wasn’t bliss different than the other ships?

It’s interesting to me that NCL doesn’t seem inclined to retire any ships. Admittedly I have not been cruising long, but are retired ships typically in just awful shape? I went on NCL Sun last September and even for an older ship was happy with it overall (bathroom curtain not my favorite).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will this one be built like the Bliss to be able to travel through Panama Canal I wonder? Wasn’t bliss different than the other ships?

with the new locks at the panama canal, there is no issue with building bigger and bigger ships

back in the day, ships had to be built within a certain size to fit in the old locks ( panamax size ships)

*walks in*

Too much credit, we all contribute with a great community! Let's ask the mods to rename this one as all the available info has been shared, first speculation has already started so this is the one for me!

Yes, it must be renamed. I’ve already lost it twice.

[emoji23]

*walks in*

Agree this thread should be renamed, way too much excitement generated already... must not waste excitement!! Party on! ;)

with the new locks at the panama canal, there is no issue with building bigger and bigger ships

back in the day, ships had to be built within a certain size to fit in the old locks ( panamax size ships)

Thanks. I understood at one point that Bliss was built with a different lifeboat design, but that makes sense! Thanks for reply.

This is beyond incredible. Is it likely that eventually the Encore and Escape will be permanently based in Miami while the Bliss stays in NYC full-time?

IMO, there are so many different scenarios when you're growing your fleet as NCL is doing. For instance... I wonder if Bliss, having been built for Alaska cruises, will do Alaska cruises in the summer the Mexican Riviera in the winter... the Sun, Cuba cruises in the summer and South America in the winter, Jewel AZ and NZ in the winter and Asia/China in the summer/ 1 Jewel class doing only chartered cruises ... for me the list just goes on and on with the additional ships and the added ports available... what about adding Charlotte NC for the winter as well.. think of all the possibilities... more ships... more departure ports... yeah baby !!! :D and yes, I know i'm crazy.. lol

Edited by All-ready2cruise

Yeah, sorry, I meant Charleston, SC... guess 3hours of sleep just isn't enough anymore... :o
Lol I figured that's where you meant, I just had to give you a hard time. Isn't Charleston a small port? I could see a jewel class ship going there though, I would be all for that!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Lol I figured that's where you meant, I just had to give you a hard time. Isn't Charleston a small port? I could see a jewel class ship going there though, I would be all for that!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

it is a small port and there is a lot of pushback from the community. they do not like the ships in port.

https://www.postandcourier.com/business/charleston-cruise-ship-terminal-opponents-ask-state-s-supreme-court/article_8877c6ba-05e4-11e8-a643-bf74ec8c8772.html

Excited about Encore!

After Encore premieres, I would love keeping the Bliss year round out of Seattle. Alaska during the Summer and maybe 14 day Mexican Riviera Cruises with the pacific coast.

A Seattle-San Francisco-Puerto Vallarta-Mazatlan-Cabo San Lucas-Los Angeles-Victoria-Seattle itinerary would be awesome! Or some other variation of the same.