Room Service

georgia1980

We ordered RS for breakfast, morning of HMC. Our menu was very limited. Was wondering if we could have ordered something else and how? Also, room did not have RS menus for lunch or dinner.

Room service for breakfast is limited to Continental items - breads and pastries, fruit, cereal, yogurt. coffee, tea, juice and milk.

You didn't miss anything - well, one trick is that you can order the BLT from the regular room service menu for breakfast.

The new room service menu is red and blue heavy laminated paper. It used to be a single sheet of paper that many people displaced. Perhaps the last occupants of your cabin removed it? In the future, just ask your cabin steward, they will replace anything that's missing.

carnival has followed other cruises line by making you pay for room service. thats why there is a limited free menu item

Carnival did not remove but one or two items from their free room service menu. What they did was add several more items at a reasonable cost if someone wanted to order.

Breakfast is really limited ... continental items. However, you should have had a full room service menu in your cabin (mine was missing on my last cruise, as well). You can order any item off the menu 24 hours a day, so you had the option to order any lunch/dinner item for breakfast as well, had you only had the menu. You should have asked your steward, but perhaps he was a lackluster as the last one I had.

Carnival did not remove but one or two items from their free room service menu. What they did was add several more items at a reasonable cost if someone wanted to order.

I noticed this on the Inspiration and loved it! Do you think this has made every ship? We will be on the Miracle in August and hope they have this new extended menu!

Room Service isn't really meant as a true alternative to the other Lunch and Dinner options...but it is very convenient when you just want a little snack on your balcony :)

I agree the breakfast options could be better, but there is just enough to get us started for the day :p

Anyone try the wings? Wondering how many they bring for $5.

Yes the Garlic Parmesan ones were good. One of my cruising mates had the BBQ and said they were even better. I think there were 8. I can't remember for sure but I think that's right.

Edited by firemanbobswife

We ordered RS for breakfast, morning of HMC. Our menu was very limited. Was wondering if we could have ordered something else and how? Also, room did not have RS menus for lunch or dinner.

CCL's room service breakfast menu is (and has been for years) a Continental Breakfast - which means cold items.

We at least order coffee every morning whether we plan to go the MDR for breakfast or not. It's not a matter of not liking people - we just like to get ready for our day at leisure sipping a cup of coffee :D

A request to your Cabin Steward would have produced RS menus for lunch or dinner.

CCL has added some "pay items" to the RS lunch/dinner menu but there are still many "free" items.

Edited by summersigh

CCL's room service breakfast menu is (and has been for years) a Continental Breakfast - which means cold items.

We at least order coffee every morning whether we plan to go the MDR for breakfast or not. It's not a matter of not liking people - we just like to get ready for our day at leisure sipping a cup of coffee :D

A request to your Cabin Steward would have produced RS menus for lunch or dinner.

CCL has added some "pay items" to the RS lunch/dinner menu but there are still many "free" items.

The lunch/dinner menu is left in the room, not brought daily or during lunch or dinner times. Mine was wedged in the lip of the mirror each cruise from the beginning and remained there.

Edited by firemanbobswife

So I see a bucket of beer (I assume n=4) on the room service menu. Does that mean that we could get a bucket the morning we go to Half Moon Cay and simply take the beers with us to the island. We'll be in a cabana which supposedly has a mini-fridge. Beats going back and forth to the bar on HMC.

Also, since it's room service, we pay. Does it go against our 15 drink/day Cheers limit?

The world wants to know!

So I see a bucket of beer (I assume n=4) on the room service menu. Does that mean that we could get a bucket the morning we go to Half Moon Cay and simply take the beers with us to the island. We'll be in a cabana which supposedly has a mini-fridge. Beats going back and forth to the bar on HMC.

Also, since it's room service, we pay. Does it go against our 15 drink/day Cheers limit?

The world wants to know!

The home page for Cheers! on the Carnival site states "Cheers! is not applicable to Room Service or Mini Bar purchases....."

You could have asked your stateroom attendant about room service menus. Basic breakfast room service is continental