Diamond Drink Voucher hours - how it is enforce/regulate

I know that for Diamond members you get 3 drink vouchers on your sea pass card and you can only use it whenever the Diamond Lounge hours are open. My question is how that time frame is enforce or regulate? By the computer system on the ship or it's up to indvidual bar tender?

For example, let say the closing time at the Diamond Lounge is at 8:00pm, If I go to a bar at 8:10pm and try to use the drink voucher, would the computer system on the ship block/stop the transaction when the bar tender try to submit it? Or it is up to the bar tender to allow me to use the voucher after that deadline (nothing in the computer system that regulate that time frame)?

Thanks

I found on Oasis last week that bar tenders exercise some discretion on whether they swipe your card or not once they see diamond (I usually offer a tip per drink), but I also found that when the card is swiped it is locked out exactly at the timeframe. Ordered a drink at 7:50 in the main dining room and the assistant server didn’t enter it until 8:00. Computer wouldn’t let him process it so the head server had to approve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know the individual bar server has some leeway. but I don't know how far that extends.

Another benefit of giving the waiter a dollar a drink with my seapass card as i have ordered 4 drinks 2 of which we would take to the dining room.

I know the individual bar server has some leeway. but I don't know how far that extends.

I don't think they have leeway on the number, but we had a bartender hold on to the ticket and not run it for a few minutes so that it went in no charge. (We were 5 minutes early) At one bar the bartender actually brought us the drink a few minutes before it ended without asking.

I don't think they have leeway on the number, but we had a bartender hold on to the ticket and not run it for a few minutes so that it went in no charge. (We were 5 minutes early) At one bar the bartender actually brought us the drink a few minutes before it ended without asking.

I agree. I remember a couple of times it was a minute or so before the cutoff and the bar server came by and asked if we wanted a drink. We said sure if there's still time and the server told us it was no problem. She then went to a few other people getting drink orders, so it was well past 8:30pm by the time she even got back to the bar.

I agree. I remember a couple of times it was a minute or so before the cutoff and the bar server came by and asked if we wanted a drink. We said sure if there's still time and the server told us it was no problem. She then went to a few other people getting drink orders, so it was well past 8:30pm by the time she even got back to the bar.

The servers are humans and I'm sure you had been friendly and tipped them beforehand.

If someone is arrogant or nasty to them I'm certain they wouldn't be so amenable.

It depends on the waiter. I ordered a drink a bout a couple of minutes before the witching hour and when he came back he told me it was too late. Another time a different waiter--no problem.

Also, order diet cokes and tell bartender not to open them and take to cabin for later consumption.

Is the bottle water limited to 3 per day during the specified hours?

On Oasis in Oct/Nov I asked for a bottle of water in the DL and was told they didn't have it but we could get a glass of water. I haven't asked for water before so not sure the policy on other ships/lounges. I guess it really depends on who the concierge is.