Tell me what to do! Western Caribbean excursions, I mean ;-)

We are doing a cruise in July aboard Allure of the Seas on a western Caribbean itinerary. Ports include Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya.

What are your favorite things to do? We received excellent recommendations for our last cruise, so I would love to hear what everyone suggests.

Thanks everyone!!

We did a submarine excursion in Cozumel last year that was awesome. You go down about 100 feet to the sea floor. We saw thousands of fish, some sharks, small rays and a big manta ray. I highly recommend it!

I haven’t been to Roatan yet, but everyone talks about the sloth sanctuary there.

If you want beach days there are many options. In Nassau we have done resort for a day at Sandals and The Hilton. Both were a little pricey but were very quiet and private beach experience . In Cozumel we went to Paradise Island. If your cruise stops at a private island then I don't know if you want to pay for a beach experience.

You don’t mention ages or group size but we just did this exact itinerary, we did:

Nassau - pearl island - boat ride over, beautiful beach, not crowded, inflatables, snorkelling, lunch all included

Cozumel - paradise beach for the morning - beautiful, not crowded, inflatables, reasonable prices.

Then amazing race for the afternoon - one of the most fun excursions ever

Roatan - Boss underwater scooters - amazing

Costa maya - tried the beach was absolutely covered in smelly seaweed so went back to port and chilled round the big pool which is free to use

Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend all of them

I wouldn't go to Roatan or Cozumel without snorkeling!

We messed up and didn't go on a boat tour snorkel in Roatan. Next time we will. If you like to party a bit, look for Tiger on Facebook for Cozumel. Great snorkel tour with some fun at the end. Good times!

We are doing a cruise in July aboard Allure of the Seas on a western Caribbean itinerary. Ports include Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya.

What are your favorite things to do? We received excellent recommendations for our last cruise, so I would love to hear what everyone suggests.

Thanks everyone!!

There's hundreds (if not thousands) of posts of these ports here on cruise critic. Try the search tool above for each port and you will find tons of ideas.

I'll specifically mention one... my favorite excursion in a Mexican port of call, and it was also one of the few Royal Caribbean excursions that was of excellent value (hopefully they offer it on your sailing), to the ruins of Dzibanche & Kohunlich from Costa Maya.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42738841&highlight=Dzibanche+%26+Kohunlich#post42738841

I just googled it... says it's excursion #CM41. Maybe it's available on your cruise planner.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=CM41&DestinationCode=

Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate your input. My husband and myself will be traveling with our 21 year old son and 13 year old daughter. We typically love learning about the culture of the places we visit and tend to lean toward private or very small group tours so that we can learn more and explore while doing everything that has peaked our interest. The ruins are on our MUST do list and I believe we will be doing that in Costa Maya. We've decided to do the sloth and monkeys in Roatan and will most likely snorkel in Cozumel. We've been to Nassau a couple of times already, so we just can't decide what to do there.

we did maya key in roatan-the snorkeling was FABULOUS! (booked through r.c.) great lunch included-nice water and beach. also, has a small animal sanctuary that was ok. ferry picks you up right at the dock.

cozumel-did the fury catamaran. so much fun! rum punch and a private beach included!

costa maya-did the ruins. great if you want to learn while you are on vacay!

nassau-never got off the boat.