Club Class Bar Service

Hopeless67

Do CCmembers get special treatment from bartenders? The reason I ask is I read a post where a passenger was about to be served when a CC member walked up and the bartender walked and went to serve him.

Is this standard practice?

Do CCmembers get special treatment from bartenders? The reason I ask is I read a post where a passenger was about to be served when a CC member walked up and the bartender walked and went to serve him.

I have not heard that's a perk and I doubt it. My guess is that the person who came up is a good tipper, so he was served first. My guess is the passenger that got passed over was quietly waiting to be served and thought they were next when the other person arrived and was served first.

And how would one tell that a passenger is a Club class guest? Card colors are based on loyalty level, not club class and unless you are reading the card to see it marked for dining then you wouldn't know.

Don't know how they knew the class. As far as a big tipper goes, if a bartender was about to serve me and walked away to serve someone else that is not proper and I would be speaking to management. A tip would not be coming from me

Don't know how they knew the class. As far as a big tipper goes, if a bartender was about to serve me and walked away to serve someone else that is not proper and I would be speaking to management. A tip would not be coming from me

I hate to say this, but there is no way a bar tender would be in the process of serving one person and then go serve another. You can get written up for that! I agree, it could affect the servers tips if he ignored one person for another. So I don't think the bartender would willing do that.

It's possible that the person felt they were next and were passed up.

I'm guessing that's all it was. The polite thing to do as the person being served first was to say, no this person was waiting first. It's what I would have done, but people can be selfish. I've been passed up by bartenders before, and I don't freak out about it. I assume they didn't see me. I get mad at the person who "cut in front" seeing I was there first.

I wouldn't let this get to you. These third hand stories aren't worth the time or energy to fret over. Not only do we not know the whole story, we don't even know 10% of it. There is no service guideline that states that CLCL passengers move to the front of bar service lines. As for being a known big tipper, or a known favorite guest, who knows what went on. I know that there are probably circumstances where I have been recognized by a maitre'd, server, sommelier or tasting room manager in certain restaurants or wineries where I drop a lot of coin and other customers might have raised an eyebrow. It's human nature and one can get as offended as they choose under the circumstances. When the shoe is on the other foot, (as it almost always is on cruise ships since I don't have 400 cruise days under my belt), I understand and toast to the other person's good fortune.

I would say no. Classic.......He said she said.

I wouldn't let this get to you. These third hand stories aren't worth the time or energy to fret over. Not only do we not know the whole story, we don't even know 10% of it. There is no service guideline that states that CLCL passengers move to the front of bar service lines. As for being a known big tipper, or a known favorite guest, who knows what went on. I know that there are probably circumstances where I have been recognized by a maitre'd, server, sommelier or tasting room manager in certain restaurants or wineries where I drop a lot of coin and other customers might have raised an eyebrow. It's human nature and one can get as offended as they choose under the circumstances. When the shoe is on the other foot, (as it almost always is on cruise ships since I don't have 400 cruise days under my belt), I understand and toast to the other person's good fortune.

Classy response! I feel positive just reading it, and I agree. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed your perspective

Edited to add:

I know this could sound like I am being sarcastic, but I am being sincere. Things are all about how you look at them and a good positive outlook is contagious. :) I appreciated that reminder.

Edited by jennybenny
clarifying what I meant

When we were on our cruise last week a bartender that I have cruised with now on 4 cruises told me this in fact is the case. He said if a club class person comes up to the bar, they are to be served next. He didn't say how they recognize that someone is club class or not. This may not be true, but he told me this. He also said that the drink package is going to be changing very soon. Too many people are sharing drinks with people that did not purchase it. He didn't say what the changes are going to be.

How did the person who was about to be served know the person that the bartender walked up to was club class?

I am SO hoping somebody is going to say he was immediately identified by the "special decoder ring," or "Bat-signal." You've gotta love class segregation! :rolleyes:(evidently)

When we were on our cruise last week a bartender that I have cruised with now on 4 cruises told me this in fact is the case. He said if a club class person comes up to the bar, they are to be served next. He didn't say how they recognize that someone is club class or not. This may not be true, but he told me this. He also said that the drink package is going to be changing very soon. Too many people are sharing drinks with people that did not purchase it. He didn't say what the changes are going to be.

So Club Class gets served first but not Suite guests? CC is now ranking higher that Suite class? When we were in a suite it wasn't marked on our cruise card. Is CC indicated on one's cruise card?

That's just wrong to push everyone else to the back of the bar line in favor of CC class or any class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So Club Class gets served first but not Suite guests? CC is now ranking higher that Suite class? When we were in a suite it wasn't marked on our cruise card. Is CC indicated on one's cruise card?

That's just wrong to push everyone else to the back of the bar line in favor of CC class or any class.

Especially when there is a line at the bar of a BOGO $1 venue, like Crooner's Bar.

When we were on our cruise last week a bartender that I have cruised with now on 4 cruises told me this in fact is the case. He said if a club class person comes up to the bar, they are to be served next. He didn't say how they recognize that someone is club class or not. This may not be true, but he told me this.

Hope this is bunk.

Having recently done B2B Club Class I can confirm - that at least on Regal Princess - ABSOLUTELY NO special BAR treatment - in fact - at times long service bar waits. How in the heck could a bartender detect a Club Class passenger from anyone else - no cruise card designation, etc. Looks like those not in favor of Club Class are at it again!! JMO but CC will be the future way forward for Princess - even for us Elites.

Hope this is bunk.

Whenever I see or hear: "A bartender told me..." or "A bus driver told me...", my skepticism detector goes off. Not saying that the people reporting this are misquoting the bartenders or the bus drivers. But the bartenders and bus drivers aren't always on point with their information. Often times, their "sources" are other bus drivers and bartenders.

When we were in a suite it wasn't marked on our cruise card.

'Suite' has been noted on the cruise card for the last 3 years or more in the upper right corner under the muster station if I remember correctly.

'Suite' has been noted on the cruise card for the last 3 years or more in the upper right corner under the muster station if I remember correctly.

Maybe for FULL SUITES but Not CC Mini's.

We just finished a cruise on the Emerald Princess two weeks ago and did not receive any special treatment at any bar. We were in a suite, which still costs quite a bit more than a CCMinisuite. There was no way for a bar tender to know where we were staying. I didn't buy many bar drinks and no one would recognize me as a regular. However, Club Class dining was a really nice experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't believe this is true.

We very often sit on a bar stool at the bar.

We've never seen those with suites (who are CC for dining, more perks, etc.) have better service. Same for Elites.

Just doesn't happen.

Whenever I see or hear: "A bartender told me..." or "A bus driver told me...", my skepticism detector goes off. Not saying that the people reporting this are misquoting the bartenders or the bus drivers. But the bartenders and bus drivers aren't always on point with their information. Often times, their "sources" are other bus drivers and bartenders.

I agree......

Or other posters,

Is the exception "I heard it on CC"? :confused: :)

Suite was never indicated on our cards when we were in a full suite

I hope it was an innocent mistake. Please let's give the guy a break.

Tony

This may help - I was on an Alaskan cruise and the bartender knew I only wanted a glass of wine. The bartender who was waiting on someone who wanted a very intriguing mixed cocktail saw me and handed me a glass as the person was still detailing the cocktail they wanted. Did I butt in line or did the server know I was the easiest person to serve. And I tip too. So I don't think CC people rank first. Will find out in July.

Suite was never indicated on our cards when we were in a full suite

That's odd. I just found one of our cards (I usually don't save them) from a February 2014 cruise on the Ruby Princess in a full suite that had it marked on it.