Long Time Reader, First Time Poster

Hey everyone! As suggested I have been reading every thread that pertained to our first ever cruise, but I thought making a thread with all my questions would be a little easier and perhaps more recent information. My wife and I are going on a 7 day cruise March 18th from Galveston to cozumel, belize, and roatan with another couple. So as yoiu can see from my username we have 3 children and our taking our first kid free vacation (somewhat reluctantly lol) with that being said we are looking for somewhat of a "party" vacation with main focus being beach drinking. After reading so many threads I am thinking of maybe using one of the port days for excursions over just beach lounging with that being said what excursion in what port would you say is one that can't be missed? Leaning towards scuba, snorkelling, or any other adrenaline filled activity. Cost isn't a huge factor being only 1 day (unless otherwise convinced) will be spent buying excursions. Any recommendations on who to book it through would also be appreciated. We are 28 and 24 with the other couple about the same age so if you guys have any suggestions on more adult/drinking (but still lively) beach clubs in each port that would also be greatly appreciated. I have done most of my research on cozumel and am thinking of spending that day at mr. Sanchos. Well I think that's it and thank you in advance for any and all input. If you happen to be going on the same cruise feel free to let me know and maybe can grab a drink together.

THANKS!:D😁😎

Would also suggest posting on your roll call/meet and mingle and also the board of your specific cruiseline.

If you plan to drink/party on shore/beach make sure you are well aware of the time to return to the ship. Be careful that your phone doesn't automatically adjust to local time, which may be different from ship's time. A wristwatch is a good idea set to ship's time.

Rarely does a "beach day" require an excursion at all. A guidebook is what you want, prior to booking anything....it will tell you about ALL your ports, and the beaches, type of surf, snorkeling spots, food/DRINK!, rentals, restrooms, etc....and transportation, safety, shopping, etc...

Libraries have guidebooks in the reference section, or you can buy one on Caribbean Ports at any bookseller. The more you know about where you're going, the more money you will save, and the better time you'll have.

And yes...bring a watch...do NOT rely on your phone for the correct time. SHIP'S time is all that matters to a cruiser...so check the ship's clocks as you leave in the morning and synchronize your watch to the ship's clock!

Thanks folks! I just pulled my wristwatch out from the back of my closet lol and am gonna sign up for roll call right after this. Will also be looking for port specific books/guides. Appreciate all the advice I know now how much goes into a cruise and I'm loving the experience.

Thanks folks! I just pulled my wristwatch out from the back of my closet lol and am gonna sign up for roll call right after this. Will also be looking for port specific books/guides. Appreciate all the advice I know now how much goes into a cruise and I'm loving the experience.

You will have a great time! Enjoy!

Belize is the place to scuba or snorkel. Two reasons . . .

1) it has the best reefs for these activities on you itinerary and among the best in the Caribbean.

2) Belize is a tender port with no good beaches easily accessible.

As you are new to cruising, a ship's excursion wouldn't be a bad idea.

Lots of beach clubs on Cozumel.

Check out Cozumel and Roatan here-

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Edited by CPT Trips

At a lot of Caribbean ports there's some sort of excursion available that involves going out on a "pirate" ship and drinking large amounts of rum punch. You might enjoy something like that.

As others have mentioned, check out your roll call here on Cruise Critic as well as social media and you can get an idea of what others are doing. Also be sure to check out the ports of call on here you're going to and also TripAdvisor. You can see great (up to date) information on TripAdvisor and also by doing simple Google searches.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Once you have taken that first cruise, you will be hooked.

One thing to remember -- you must be back on the ship 1/2 hour before it leaves the port. So be certain you check your daily program to know what time you are to be on the ship. It can be very costly if you miss the ship.