Question about price for those willing to share....

clivey

We recently booked the 31MAR19 sailing on the Edge during a Memorial Day sail. We were able to get an Aqua Class (A2) cabin with all 4 perks (Go Best) plus an additional $175 OBC for $4100 total. When I priced it on the Celebrity site and later on my TA’s site, it was $8500. Did we get a misprinted price or are there deals like that out there that I need to keep watching for? Thanks for anyone willing to share. I love a good deal and this seems like I got one.

Yes, grand total after taxes was $4100. The price was $1799 per person and the TA’s special was to upgrade to the Go Best deal for $150 per person. Then got other OBC from TA for booking during their sale, etc. I saw later on their site that the OV rooms were $1799 pp and Aqua was $3849 pp.

Yes, grand total after taxes was $4100. The price was $1799 per person and the TA’s special was to upgrade to the Go Best deal for $150 per person. Then got other OBC from TA for booking during their sale, etc. I saw later on their site that the OV rooms were $1799 pp and Aqua was $3849 pp.

Congrats!! AQ is now sold out on that cruise. If you haven’t done Blu, you are in for a treat! The Thermal Suite looks amazing too. 😃

We’ve only done Aqua on our first 5 sailings. We have 3 more this year with the last one in a suite. I’ve heard that it’s hard to go back after doing the suite life but hoping that being on the Edge will make up for it.

Congrats!! AQ is now sold out on that cruise. If you haven’t done Blu, you are in for a treat! The Thermal Suite looks amazing too. [emoji2]

Sounds like you got very lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am not familiar with Aqua class. We are fairly new to Celebrity... but we have done three in the past 6 months with two more coming up this year. I have been pricing regular veranda cabins and have noticed prices going up noticeably. We booked a cruise on Edge (on april 29 '18) in Dec for $1999/person exc tax for E3 cabin. Today this same class cabin is $2479/person (w/one perk)... same class cabin next Dec is priced at $2454/person (w/ one perk). It will be interesting to see how pricing goes once people have some experience with the ship. I burn like hell and can't sit out in the sun.... so I love the concept of the infinity veranda... but I wonder how people like my husband, who love to sit out in the breeze and sun for hours are going to like sitting by a giant open window. So it will be interesting to see if the ship lives up to expectations. I also suspect the cabins near the MC... will find the view blocked more than they might have expected... the photos suggest the support structure and the jutting out of the suits by the MC will really impact view. Anyway I am fascinated by the ships design and can't wait. We love Celebrity... we have had 2D cabins before and the obstruction was really nothing... I don't really mind seeing a lifeboat...

No, Im not willing to share......what’s the point. Either someone who loves to torque people off will post a rediculous price just to mess with everyone, or someone who gets very upset when they feel others are getting a better deal is calling their TA right now and demanding some poor TA to fix their cruise price, something the TA will not be able to do.

I personally got a great deal...I paid what I think is a good price for a cruise I want to take - that’s why I paid it. I’m sure someone got my SR class at a lower cost, and I don’t care.......and I DON’T want to hear about it.

Cheers for them, but keep it to yourself.

Den

We’ve only done Aqua on our first 5 sailings. We have 3 more this year with the last one in a suite. I’ve heard that it’s hard to go back after doing the suite life but hoping that being on the Edge will make up for it.

I did that last year (went from a few suites - the lower rent ones) to AQ X 2. Had great experiences and barely missed the suite experience. I was lucky to get an Edge S1 on the first day that was within my price point. I will probably go back to AQ or an SV for 2020 unless the suite prices drop. I think you are right - the Edge will have so many new experiences, you probably won't miss the suite life. :D

There’s always that one that thinks the worse in people. Sorry if I torqued anyone off, that was not my intention.

Don't worry about it.... if someone doesn't want to participate... they just shouldn't participate.

The only way I know if I got a good price is to compare. Nice to hear what others have paid... but usually I just have to track prices over time myself. I am retired and used to do quite a bit of analysis for work...so now I study pricing.... or at least I do on ships and itineraries I am interested in.

There’s always that one that thinks the worse in people. Sorry if I torqued anyone off, that was not my intention.

For what it is worth - I think this is a very interesting topic. The more we know, the better I say! Before I’ve started reading CC I did not even think that there are so many pricing options, TAs, yo-yo prices, how far in advance etc,etc etc. What’s the harm in telling? The majority of folks here are only screen names, not real people. Why such secrecy about prices , tastes, gratuities - it’s only an incognito’s view, no more :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

For what it is worth - I think this is a very interesting topic. The more we know, the better I say! Before I’ve started reading CC I did not even think that there are so many pricing options, TAs, yo-yo prices, how far in advance etc,etc etc. What’s the harm in telling? The majority of folks here are only screen names, not real people. Why such secrecy about prices , tastes, gratuities - it’s only an incognito’s view, no more :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have heard many people say that to get the best pricing you need to book a year or more in advance. I have started to try to track a few cruises to get an idea if this is true. I looked at my last dozen cruises and noticed that on average I book 4 months in advance... and have gotten fairly good pricing (eg 12 night S Caribbean balcony $2000 all in okay it was obstructed view)... Now we are somewhat flexible on travel... so we can do a last minute booking. So far I have been pleased at what I have been able to get.... but recently I noticed a shift. Now this may be due to the itineraries or time of year... but I have noticed prices on Royal in particular going up... and the Edge going up as well. Now I am actually finding better deals on Celebrity (other than Edge) than Royal. Now I have a few theories. 1) the Oasis class ship has really gained a strong following 2) Discouraging non refundable bookings has gotten rid of most of the Looky Lous (those who book just in case they want to cruise knowing they can get their money back), 3) the economy is getting better. So I am not sure my last minute booking strategy (well 4 months in advance) will be effective in the future. Will just have to wait and see.

Wow great price. I know you cannot mention your TA but I would stick with them for future cruises!

I agree the more info we get the better off we are. I have to say we have found the best way to book our cruises is while on board. On our Oct 2017 cruise we booked the Edge and always have it transferred to our TA. The biggest benefit are the perks while on board which stay in place even if we changed cabin locations later on. Example, classic bev. pkg for 2 & $450 OBC per cabin. Of course the price given by the future cruise dept. is higher than when our TA gives us her price but we do keep our perks. Our current price from our TA for an Infinite Balcony plus perks is $3991 for 2 paxs.

... and I got a good price on our Edge sailing but not as good as yours!

Not jealous at all... makes me want to search harder now, well maybe not so hard really!

Beyond your great price, I look forward to your great review of the ship...

Congrats, maybe we need to use you as our conduit for cruise purchasing...

bon voyage

Thank you for all that kindly answered. The whole point of my post initially was that I think that the website had been wrong for our TA when they posted their Memorial Day sale. The price seemed way to low for AQ so we jumped on it and paid the deposit. Later that day, the price was back in line with the Celebrity site.

I had never sailed Celebrity until we booked a back to back last July on the Equinox because of the perks that were included. I work for an airline and normally can get good last minute deals with those rates, but couldn't refuse the drink package and OBC. The crew of the ship won us over and we were hooked. We have since sailed 3 more times, leave tomorrow for another and have 5 others on the books.

We met a nice couple on the last night of our back to back, they asked what perks we racked up on with our TA for booking a B2B. We told them they gave us a $50 OBC for each week. They busted out laughing and told us who they used and highly recommended them. We've learned the hard way! We've always learned to book on board and take advantage of the OBC offered then as well. We are so excited to get to experience the Edge when we thought it would have been years before we could afford it. We weren't Celebrity nuts when the window first opened to book it.

Thank you all (except one)!

Thank you for all that kindly answered. The whole point of my post initially was that I think that the website had been wrong for our TA when they posted their Memorial Day sale. The price seemed way to low for AQ so we jumped on it and paid the deposit. Later that day, the price was back in line with the Celebrity site.

I had never sailed Celebrity until we booked a back to back last July on the Equinox because of the perks that were included. I work for an airline and normally can get good last minute deals with those rates, but couldn't refuse the drink package and OBC. The crew of the ship won us over and we were hooked. We have since sailed 3 more times, leave tomorrow for another and have 5 others on the books.

We met a nice couple on the last night of our back to back, they asked what perks we racked up on with our TA for booking a B2B. We told them they gave us a $50 OBC for each week. They busted out laughing and told us who they used and highly recommended them. We've learned the hard way! We've always learned to book on board and take advantage of the OBC offered then as well. We are so excited to get to experience the Edge when we thought it would have been years before we could afford it. We weren't Celebrity nuts when the window first opened to book it.

Thank you all (except one)!

Does this mean you have booked the Iconic Suite on our sailing in November?

:D

bon voyage

That is a great price! I got my A2 with 2 perks for 3600 including taxes and fees plus 225 obc. Adding xtra 2 perks would had been 300 more and I didn't think it was worth it since we don't value wifi that much (maybe now with the increase in premium package it could make more sense but I would need to run through my spreadsheet).

We could potentially be using the same TA. Last I looked they didn't have their group pricing anymore. Ever since I found this TA, their pricing has been the best and they do not charge a cancellation or change fee.

Edited by Sandy1975

I got a similar deal on a concierge cabin from my TA. The reason for the good price was that the TA had gotten a block of rooms when initially offered, so it was a group rate for the TA. As the prices started to climb because of demand the TA was still able to offer the cabins at their initial price. When I booked my agent told me that Celebrity was asking for the rooms back, but had not yet called them in. So I booked quickly while I had the chance. Shortly thereafter the prices went up, even for my TA.

Maybe this is the situation with your room as well.

I got a similar deal on a concierge cabin from my TA. The reason for the good price was that the TA had gotten a block of rooms when initially offered, so it was a group rate for the TA. As the prices started to climb because of demand the TA was still able to offer the cabins at their initial price. When I booked my agent told me that Celebrity was asking for the rooms back, but had not yet called them in. So I booked quickly while I had the chance. Shortly thereafter the prices went up, even for my TA.

Maybe this is the situation with your room as well.

That makes sense. I’m unfamiliar with how it works - can TAs increase the price of the cabins remaining in those blocks, as the cruise line increases their prices? If so, they must have done well to buy blocks of Edge cabins early on. If not, you can see why some have deals.

So what's the problem? You asked an honest and legitimate question. (You don't need to apologize for that)! Now all you have to do is enjoy your cruise and hope that the ticked off naysayers don't get a cabin next to you.

Congratulations on your 'win'!

P.S. Who's your TA?