Edge virtual tours

C-Dragons

Thanks for posting. Obviously a two story suite...beyond our budget but an enjoyable peek at the more pricey offerings,

I think the decor scheme of white, gray with dark green and lots of marble, is cold, and not spa like . Some nice aqua or softer green might have a warmer feel! Bring fuzzy slippers!

Thanks, I am getting a better sense of Eden. The renditions are a bit confusing to me. [emoji2]

It is also cool to see the steps up to the martini glass hot tubs, with the deck above the pool in the background.

Thanks for posting. Obviously a two story suite...beyond our budget but an enjoyable peek at the more pricey offerings,

I think the decor scheme of white, gray with dark green and lots of marble, is cold, and not spa like . Some nice aqua or softer green might have a warmer feel! Bring fuzzy slippers!

There are several different tours. On the top left there is a small round black circle with three white lines. If you click on it a menu will come up with all of the tours.

The two story Edge Villas look really nice. I wish they had shown more of the Iconic Suite though, would love to see the bathroom.

Here's the martini hot tub shot I was talking about:

enhance

These are some nice screen shots of Eden. I like the funky furniture and colors. Can tell Kelly Hoppen didn't design this space....

enhance

enhance

enhance

Eden Restaurant:

enhance

enhance

WOW,....Definitely liking the Eden decor...very organic; love the colors, furniture, etc,!

Can see this being a popular go to space......hope quiet at times!

I did not see the other 360 tours before. Glad they were pointed out, Thanks C Dragon for starting this thread

Discovery Lounge and Darwins Cove look nice.. have not heard much about them.

Pool also looks inviting and serene......minus the bright color images on the screen,.!

Edited by hcat

WOW,....Definitely liking the Eden decor...very organic; love the colors, furniture, etc,!

Can see this being a popular go to space......hope quiet at times!

I did not see the other 360 tours before. Glad they were pointed out, Thanks C Dragon for starting this thread

Discovery Lounge and Darwins Cove look nice.. have not heard much about them.

Pool also looks inviting and serene......minus the bright color images on the screen,.!

I know, I really like the feel of Eden. It will be a nice break from the grays in our staterooms. :D

BTW, Discovery Lounge and Darwins Cove are on Flora (Celebrity ship that sails to Galapagos), not Edge, in case people new to Celebrity get confused. We would love to sail that ship in 2022, for a big anniversary.

So from the looks of it there’s no glass barrier around those martini hot tubs? Enjoy ‘em while you can because after the first serious injury I predict they won’t be that way again .

Ha! I didn't notice that - I have seen some pictures with glass - we'll see what they end up for a railing.

I would be very very surprised if the ship actually has no protective barrier like the virtual tour. I foresee the final product will have glass around the hot tubs or some protective barrier. It is highly foreseeable someone could stand on the seat and fall out. Especially when drinks are involved. If I am wrong and there is no protective barrier, I will be very disappointed in Celebrity’s risk management team for this find of oversight. As shown, it’s an accident waiting to happen. I am on the second preview cruise and will be looking.

So from the looks of it there’s no glass barrier around those martini hot tubs? Enjoy ‘em while you can because after the first serious injury I predict they won’t be that way again .

These are some nice screen shots of Eden. I like the funky furniture and colors. Can tell Kelly Hoppen didn't design this space....

enhance

enhance

enhance

You are correct, Kelley Hoppen didn’t design Eden.

If you scroll to the bottom of the article below, the two architects of Eden are featured.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/eden/

You are correct, Kelley Hoppen didn’t design Eden.

If you scroll to the bottom of the article below, the two architects of Eden are featured.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/eden/

Yes I knew another designer designed Eden. I was just pointing out the difference. Clean lines and neutral colors vs fun colors and designs. [emoji2]

Personally I do not like the decor of Eden - looks like something out of a late 60s / early 70s Sci-Fi film like Logan's Run. I think it will gwt very dated, very fast. Many of the furnishings look like they will not wear well, and easily suffer from broken legs, misshapen cushions, etc. Also what with those Levitz furniture globe labs right where you are gonna bang your head every time you sit down or stand up from the tables??? This whole exercise seems like form over function in so many aspects. Hopefully the reality is far better than this 70's Fern Bar VR tour .....

Personally I do not like the decor of Eden - looks like something out of a late 60s / early 70s Sci-Fi film like Logan's Run. I think it will gwt very dated, very fast. Many of the furnishings look like they will not wear well, and easily suffer from broken legs, misshapen cushions, etc. Also what with those Levitz furniture globe labs right where you are gonna bang your head every time you sit down or stand up from the tables??? This whole exercise seems like form over function in so many aspects. Hopefully the reality is far better than this 70's Fern Bar VR tour .....

Six of us already have our reservations for dinner due to one in our group wanting to dine here. I hope the other five of us will be surprised and enjoy it, but so far it is not something I am looking forward to as a dining venue...

I have some concern about some of the seating. My husband has knee problems and has enough trouble finding seats he can get out of on S class... many of the Eden seats seem too low and arms seem decorative but impractical in terms of being able to be used when trying to stand. My only complaint on Celebrity ships is the lack of seating in public areas with a chair seat height of 19 inches. Hopefully they have given some thought to this given the demographics of the typical Celebrity passenger. I have never met more people with knee and hip issues as I have on Celebrity. there is nothing like a cane to generate a discussion of aches and pains..:)

I have some concern about some of the seating. My husband has knee problems and has enough trouble finding seats he can get out of on S class... many of the Eden seats seem too low and arms seem decorative but impractical in terms of being able to be used when trying to stand. My only complaint on Celebrity ships is the lack of seating in public areas with a chair seat height of 19 inches. Hopefully they have given some thought to this given the demographics of the typical Celebrity passenger. I have never met more people with knee and hip issues as I have on Celebrity. there is nothing like a cane to generate a discussion of aches and pains..:)

Hopefully this won't fully represent what the final furniture design choices will be. You would think they would take into account that many of their customers have mobility issues when they design their furniture, but I'm not sure if that beats out style. I'm always surprised by how heavy their dining chairs are and how the arm height is not always comfortable. Luckily the food and wine are good so I've forgotten all about it by the end of the dinner! :D

Furniture in public areas on some of the M class ships is now saggy, shabby..worn out. Definitelty ready for upgrade. On S class, some of the Chairs in the area where they stage the band are giant sized..and very heavy...guess they stay put quite well as the ship moves, Once seated not easy to get out I have no knee issues but am 5'4" and feel like "Edith Ann" in those chairs..Hope on EDGE folks will be able to get in and out easily.

Also..hoping the plants in EDEN will be real..but if they are, that's alot of maint and watering required. They do have some nice plants on other ships they they maintain well.I really miss the Conservatory and flower shop on ships that were turned into restaurants!

If EDEN plants are faux (tacky), they will turn turquoise from sun exposure...like ones installed high up in the Solarium spaces...

Looking forward to seeing what some of the other indoor seating will be like...near guest relations etc...

Edited by hcat

Yes those chairs around the atrium on the S class ships are SO deep. I am 5'10" and am practically laying down. But to VT's point.... I still enjoy the rest of the cruising experience. It does bug me a bit that I have to go ahead on scouting duty to see if there is a place DH can sit in... or more to the point... get out of. Alas, most interior designers seem to be young and healthy and perhaps think more about design than functionality. Then there is the challenge of comfortable seating for tall and shorter people... which may be different.... but for the life of me... I can't figure out who a chair that is 15 inches or so high and about 40 inches deep is ideal for.... too low for tall people and too deep for shorter... well even tall people :)