Edge virtual tours

C-Dragons

I agree I hope the reality version is far more inviting and embracing. This looks like somewhere I really don't want to be. The idea of minimal and neutrals can go to far and maybe the threhold has been reached. It strikes me as missing a warm and inviting balance. It's sparse and meager. I'm seeing this sort of idea on Viking and on MSC Seaside for example, and I'm not really a fan of this (dull) trend. I was much more impressed with earlier renditions which were vibrant and lush and filled with texture and materials and interest.

I love the look of the ship in general.... but I do wonder how enduring these muted colors will be. I love the deep and rich look of Murano.. with the dark wood tones.... all this gray and mauve could get old. But I will sail on her when it is fresh. Looking forward to exploring the ship, may not even get off the ship.

I love the look of the ship in general.... but I do wonder how enduring these muted colors will be. I love the deep and rich look of Murano.. with the dark wood tones.... all this gray and mauve could get old. But I will sail on her when it is fresh. Looking forward to exploring the ship, may not even get off the ship.

Everything goes in cycles in design. When I did a building renovation the architects would walk in and tell me exactly when the previous work had been done, just based on the color scheme. Dark wood was so 2000; now it's all light. Next – who knows? Remember knotty pine?

I agree I hope the reality version is far more inviting and embracing. This looks like somewhere I really don't want to be. The idea of minimal and neutrals can go to far and maybe the threhold has been reached. It strikes me as missing a warm and inviting balance. It's sparse and meager. I'm seeing this sort of idea on Viking and on MSC Seaside for example, and I'm not really a fan of this (dull) trend. I was much more impressed with earlier renditions which were vibrant and lush and filled with texture and materials and interest.

While I like the look of the Eden area, I agree that many of the grey and marble areas are very stark, cold and uninviting....like an IKEA dirm

Hope to see bright colors of the Caribbean and all the colors of the sky and sea,,,

While I like the look of the Eden area, I agree that many of the grey and marble areas are very stark, cold and uninviting....like an IKEA dirm

Hope to see bright colors of the Caribbean and all the colors of the sky and sea,,,

I think in Eden the neutrals and gray tones will be a classy background to the more vibrant decorations, flowers, plantings and artwork. If the background was more vibrant then I could see a lot of things clashing.

Those of us with 'seating' design, can we not contact X to express these concerns before the final furnishings are in place so that way they can either say oh we did not think about that or yes, we have incorporated these issues into the design.

Just a thought.

bon voyage

Those of us with 'seating' design, can we not contact X to express these concerns before the final furnishings are in place so that way they can either say oh we did not think about that or yes, we have incorporated these issues into the design.

Just a thought.

bon voyage

Actually, I did send out a note after the last cruise (July). I noted that I have to scout out chairs for my husband in S class and asked that in future cruise ships and reworks that they consider more 19 inch high seats, with arms and seats that are not as deep as the ones they have in most public areas of S class ships. Also, We have never been able to use the pool because there is no place to sit. the lounge chairs are too low... spa area... same issue. It sort of forces you to bring a scooter or walker. DH prefers to make an effort to walk... and why fill up the public areas with scooters simply because there are few suitable seats.. Funny thing, in our first home we purchased great leather couch.... is sat about 16 inches high and was deep... great sofa to sleep on. My parents and in-laws were both horrified at how low they were and we had to bring in other chairs when they came to visit... fast forward 20-30 years... got rid of the sofa and purchased one that is higher... what they call an apartment sofa. So perspective changes with age.

Agree with Jazz. The current colors I see on those HGTV decoration program are greys. Heck, my wife announced we need to paint our main rooms grey.....I asked why, there’s only a few spots you can see the sheet rock showing through.

Den

With the ship sailing in just a few months i am Afraid it is too late to have any influence over the design choices they have made, as unfortunate as they are. People have been bemoaning the fact that Loungers in the solarium were purchased for aesthetics not for comfort: the room looks lovely In the photographs but the chairs are uncomfortable and difficult to sit down in and get up from. The same is true of the large chairs overlooking the atrium. They are too low and too deep. They are making the same mistakes for the seating in the New ship. What looks good in a photograph doesn’t always feel good under a bum

Agree with Jazz. The current colors I see on those HGTV decoration program are greys. Heck, my wife announced we need to paint our main rooms grey.....I asked why, there’s only a few spots you can see the sheet rock showing through.

Den

Grays are neutral...but need contrast to relieve the dullness! We can live with it short term...but would tire of it in our home!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after ruminating on this thread for a bit, I have the perfect solution if anyone would risk it, bring paint of choice and on the first night have a painting party in the cabin.... spring for a few bottles of wine and tell the HD that the alcohol or the MC made you do it!

LOL... bon voyage

Well, after ruminating on this thread for a bit, I have the perfect solution if anyone would risk it, bring paint of choice and on the first night have a painting party in the cabin.... spring for a few bottles of wine and tell the HD that the alcohol or the MC made you do it!

LOL... bon voyage

I think we will take an easier approach..going to order two floral arrangments...Large tropical one for the stateroom and a smaller one for the Infinite Balc..hope they have a table out there.. plus we get a Cap club rose ( fragrance/ color for the bathroom) and another little something.in AQ..

That plus a few other touches should do the trick ...:)