"LIVE" from the Jewel- April 7, 2007

Hello everyone ! I will be leaving today for Sunny Fort Lauderdale. On Saturday morning, I will be boarding the Jewel of the Seas for an 8 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise.

I will be posting daily "Live" reports, photos, and commentary about the beautiful Jewel of the seas, and the ports where she will go.

I am excited about this cruise, due to the itinerary, and five ports on an 8NT cruise, and especially Antigua (I have never been there)

Sat-Ft Lauderdale

Sun-At Sea

Mon-San Juan

Tues-St Maarten

Wed- St Johns, Antigua

Thur-St Thomas, USVI

Fri-At Sea

Sat-Nassau

Sun-Ft Lauderdale

I have sailed the Jewel last in March '06, for a 6NT Western. I remember the Jewel as being one of the most Beautiful ships in the fleet. I can hope for a wonderful, relaxing cruise. I think it will be a delightful 9 days.

The forecast is calling for sunny skies, and warm temps (it is 38f in Maryland this morning...brrr...)

Grab a cup of coffee, relax, and join me for blue skies, tropical breezes, and sparkling blue water, as we sail south for a slice of the Caribbean.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

image.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Meyer Werft Shipyard

Oh Boy!!!! Another " Live Radio Thread"!! What a great itinerary. I have next week off but I am moving, so lots of stress here. Can't wait to check in each day and destress on my virtual cruise with Radio!

Radio......when you are in Antigua, see if you can get a general concensus from your fellow passengers of the most relaxing beach to go to.

Have a great cruise!

Radio......when you are in Antigua' date=' see if you can get a general concensus from your fellow passengers of the most relaxing beach to go to.[/quote']

We were there on March 28th on the Jewel. We went to Darkwood Beach and loved it. A beautiful beach that has food, drink, chairs and cabanas available. It's not crowded like Turner's Beach is and has nicer sand, IMHO.

We were just on the Jewel in Dec. with that same itin. It was a great time with plenty to do at each port. I'll be reading your "live" thread and re-experiencing this wonderful cruise thru your eyes.

Isn't the Jewel a "jewel" of a ship? It is really the most beautiful of all we've been on. Enjoy!!!

Thanks in advance, Radio. I look forward to reading your review. We've only been on Voyager class: Navigator, Mariner & Explorer and are considering the 8-day eastern on the Jewel next spring. I've read great things about the Radiance class, so I look forward to reading what you think about the ship as it compares to Voyager class. Have a great trip, I'll be reading!

Radio - I know it goes without saying but have a great time. I was on her in 2005, she is beautiful.

To Max's Mom ...... It's L J (Lori) I saw your post and just had to say Hi. We were on her together. I hope both you and John are doing well. I see you are moving good luck with it all.

Radio we just got off the Jewel a week ago on the same cruise.........ship is in great shape..........great cruise...........enjoy..........

I'm looking forward to your posts very much - I'll be on her in August.

Jane

x

We'll be on Jewel in August also; which cruise will you be on? (We're leaving 5 August.)

I'm looking forward to the posts also. We loved Radiance, and anticipate an even better cruise this time.

We'll be on Jewel in August also; which cruise will you be on? (We're leaving 5 August.)

I'm looking forward to the posts also. We loved Radiance, and anticipate an even better cruise this time.

Hi,

I'm getting on as you get off! I'm a teacher so I could have fitted in either of these sailings. The reason we chose the latter is that my son, Jack, will be 16 on the 16th August - the day before we sail. My son wants to take full advantage of his semi-adult status by making use of the gym and the solarium!

Jane

x

Hi,

I'm getting on as you get off! I'm a teacher so I could have fitted in either of these sailings. The reason we chose the latter is that my son, Jack, will be 16 on the 16th August - the day before we sail. My son wants to take full advantage of his semi-adult status by making use of the gym and the solarium!

Jane

x

Maybe we can wave to each other as we pass! (g)

There are a LOT of teachers on these cruises, including my wife and several others on our cruise. (And I used to teach, if that counts; now I'm just a government drone.)

Enjoy your cruise.

Don't forget to tell me who your captain is!!! I love your "live" posts, you take great pictures and you know how to post them too!

Oh yes..I will get the Captain's name... I think I may be getting a bridge tour as well...So I will have lots of questions for the Captain....

WoW...I just got on the AutoTrain, and there seems to be alot of comments already ! I hope to be able to give everyone a glimpse of the Jewel of the Seas in the Caribbean.

Hopefully my connection will be steady... I know that last year while on Jewel, the Cybercabin connection was weak...and I was forced to use

Wi -Fi (Very Costly though...but very very fast.)

We are scheduled to leave at 4PM. . We should get to Sanford ,FL by 830AM.....I will then drive my car to FLL (about 3 -4 hrs) I will be staying very close to the port at the HGI just south of the Airport.

I am hoping for a wonderful cruise ! !

Thanks for the nice comments ! !

Radio

;) ;)

Archived