Dining and late port times

G&TQ

Hello All,

I have a late port call from 1 pm until 9 pm. Does anyone know if they adjust the dining times? Your time dining seating is over at 9:30. Are they expecting everyone to eat ashore or in lido? I lido open that late?

Thanks!

They will not adjust dining times for the dining room. There will be a lot of people on board at dinner time. If you miss your dining in the DR, you go to the buffet. But the buffet might stop serving the hot line, salads and desserts at either 9 or 9:30. If you miss this, there is always the deli and pizza

We like to eat out and enjoy the local flavors. It would not be the end of the world to miss a meal on the ship. We always do this in San Juan for their 10 pm departures. They have some excellent restaurants walking distance from the ship.

On the last cruise we did on the Victory, Cozumel was a 12:00p to 10:00p stop. On this day, they only opened one dining room, and everyone was anytime dining for this day only.

However, I don't think all ships do this for late port calls.

When we went to our Alaska cruise last June, we were in Victoria from about 8pm-11pm. They moved everyone in the MDR up an hour so people could eat before going ashore. It surprisingly was one of my favorite stops. We had just enough time to take a bike tour of the city.

On the last cruise we did on the Victory, Cozumel was a 12:00p to 10:00p stop. On this day, they only opened one dining room, and everyone was anytime dining for this day only.

However, I don't think all ships do this for late port calls.

About 10 years back we had a similar situation when we cruised to St Martin ...10pm departure. It was open seating on that night. Coincidentally I believe we were on the Victory as well!!

They did not adjust dining times on our cruise. This is why I like Your Time Dining. On our cruise last month we stayed in Cozumel until 8pm and although back onboard around 6:30 we certainly would have missed an early dining and YTD allowed us to still eat in the main dining room. I would have been fine with buffet also though.

When we went to our Alaska cruise last June, we were in Victoria from about 8pm-11pm. They moved everyone in the MDR up an hour so people could eat before going ashore. It surprisingly was one of my favorite stops. We had just enough time to take a bike tour of the city.

They must have changed this since we did our Alaska cruise. We had the city buss tour excursion planed and we also had late dinning. They didn't change the MDR hours, but our ask our waiter about it and he was able to fit us in the early dinning time slot that night do we still had time to do the excursion. What was more annoying was since that was our last night on the ship we had to get our luggage out much earlier than a normal cruise unless we wanted to take it off our-self(and if you know my wife then you know that impossible)

Many years ago this happened to us when we sailed the Triumph back in 2007. We were docked in Cozumel until 9 or 10:00. We had spent the day there and had no desire to go back out in evening, but several people, family included, ate dinner in MDR and then went back out. This was before “Any time Dining”, but they just opened the MDR that night to whenever you wanted to go—like today’s “Any time Dining”.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello All,

I have a late port call from 1 pm until 9 pm. Does anyone know if they adjust the dining times? Your time dining seating is over at 9:30. Are they expecting everyone to eat ashore or in lido? I lido open that late?

Thanks!

No they do not adjust.