Any bonus to booking Steakhouse on Embarkation night for dinner?

PlanoDebbie

Last year when my BIL and SIL went on the Valor, they booked the Steakhouse on their Embarkation night because they got a wine bottle for half price that night. We are going to be on the Valor next month and I was wondering if this is a standard perk still? Hubby will turn 60 just a few days before our cruise and I thought it would be a nice surprise for him. A wine discount won't be a deal-breaker for me. I just wanted to know if it was just a special deal they got last year or if Carnival always does this to encourage people to book that first night. TIA.

As far as I know, the free bottle of basic house wine is still in effect as well as the 50% off any upgraded bottles. You can also buy multiple bottles at the 50% off rate and have them follow you to be drunk at dinner during the subsequent evenings of your cruise.

We did this once... not sure if it was on Carnival, but we booked the nicest restaurant on the ship for embarkation day. It was nearly empty! There were some cruise employees dining there... I suspect they use it as some sort of reward system.

Service was a little slow, I think because they were not expecting many guests that night.

If you like a quieter experience, the embarkation night may be a good choice!

As far as I know, the free bottle of basic house wine is still in effect as well as the 50% off any upgraded bottles. You can also buy multiple bottles at the 50% off rate and have them follow you to be drunk at dinner during the subsequent evenings of your cruise.

We took our wine bottle back to our cabin. We did not have to leave it with them

We took our wine bottle back to our cabin. We did not have to leave it with them
That of course is always an option if you just have one bottle. I was just passing on the possibility of purchasing additional 50% off bottles to enjoy during subsequent dinners during your cruise. I had read about it on another thread and wine drinkers might not know about the possibility, so I was just passing the information forward.

No. In my experience they will happily store them and serve them. It is only wine you bring on board that will be subject to a corkage fee in the MDR.

I’m not asking about storing and serving. I’m asking about those who took the wine with them to their cabins. Are they allowed to bring the bottle to MDR on a subsequent evening without corkage fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly, the 50% off deal at the steakhouse on the first night is the best deal. We ordered a bottle of 2012 Far Niente cabernet on Liberty last fall for $75. That was an incredible deal! I’ve been looking everywhere for another bottle for a good price, and haven’t found a bottle for under $130. Once they brought the bottle to the table, I took one sip and promptly declared I’d be happy never drinking anything else. :D

We will be on the vista July 14 sailing and I booked a steakhouse for the first night. I got my letter of confirming my reservation and this was at the bottom— P. S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums