wine

oclady5

Going on the grandeur of the seas. Can you bring wine on the ship. If sp how much and the size bottle.

Yes.

A "bottle" is 700/750 ml.

As of a few months ago, you can take aboard, at your embarkation port only, two bottles of wine per cabin to drink in your cabin/balcony. If you want to drink it elsewhere (eg in the dining room) RCI will apply a corkage charge.

You can take aboard more but there'll be a corkage charge regardless of where you drink it.

As with other cruise lines, some folk get confused ;) :D & take aboard more, but that's the allowance.

Taking aboard any alcohol at ports-of-call to drink on the ship is still a non-no, RCI always (nearly always) scan at the gangway and will very kindly :rolleyes: store bottles for you & return them to you at the end of the cruise.

They frown on folk who smuggle alcohol aboard, eg in coke bottles, and some folk who've been sent to the naughty room have never been seen again.:eek:

JB :)

ps Sadie & Keith. A pretty simple question, to which plenty of folk on this forum will know the answer without the OP having to repeat elsewhere ;)

and Baltimore is pretty strict as well. I would not suggest trying to exploit the loophole and splitting up your party to each bring on 2 bottles.

it is two per STATEROOM.. period. not one person person, not one per legal drinking age adult or any other workaround.

JB

First thanks for answering the question..........second you mention "you can take more on board but there will be a corkage fee regardless of where you drink it". I knew this was the policy for Princess but didn't know RC was the same. We haven't sailed on them in several years but now have a cruise booked for 2014..........can abide by anything but want to make sure what the rule really is

I thought it was 2 bottles period! Are you saying I can take more wine as long as I'm willing the pay the corkage fee?

Thanks

Jim

JB

First thanks for answering the question..........second you mention "you can take more on board but there will be a corkage fee regardless of where you drink it". I knew this was the policy for Princess but didn't know RC was the same. We haven't sailed on them in several years but now have a cruise booked for 2014..........can abide by anything but want to make sure what the rule really is

I thought it was 2 bottles period! Are you saying I can take more wine as long as I'm willing the pay the corkage fee?

Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim,

I feel sure that was the case for us, though we didn't take any extra payable bottles - the corkage fee meant there was no advantage.

But I've just gone thro' RCI's reams of terms & conditions to confirm - and can't find any mention :confused:. Other than the two-bottle allowance.

Best not risk a night in the brig :D

And, as I say, there's no cost advantage.

JB :)

Thanks JB and Hancock...........I'm pretty sure the way I understand it, it is 2 bottles period......shucks......I'm not sure that will last the first night:)

At least it's better than the previous policy of none whatsoever. I would also suggest putting it in your carry-on. If it's in your checked luggage and the X-ray detects a bottle, you will be making a trip to the naughty room to prove you just have wine. Not the end of the world, but does put a damper on embarkation day.

Archived