LCV Complimentary Night Question

davidandjulia

We are sure that this has been discussed in an earlier thread but are unable to find the answer. As we are due to move up to Discoverer Plus level following our next cruise in May, we will qualify to book a subsequent cruise with six complimentary nights, although we understand that port dues still have to be paid. Does anyone have a rough idea how much these port dues and any other charges would amount to, bearing in mind we would probably be looking at a port-intensive Med cruise?

Thanks for your help.

David and Julia

You can find out the port fees etc through the Azamara website. Go to the cruise you are interested in, then click on ‘Book Now’, then choose a cabin and click through to the page on which you enter your details. On that page on the right hand side is a block with the price. Right underneath the total price there is a clickable ‘Price breakdown’. If you click on that it will show you the Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses for the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was told that this the practice when I booked on board.

Yes I guess my TA could work for free, do you work for free?

A TA gets paid for the nights that are not free; that's the way Azamara pays those that make commission from them.

I only know it was explained to me while booking my free nights on board that the TA earns their full commission on the 7 day cruise I booked (even though I only paid for one day). It seem unfair not to give them the full commission they are doing work for the full cruise not just a one day cruise.

Truthfully, my TA does not usually do a lot, but as it happened after I booked the 7 night cruise (with the 6 free days) Azamara cancelled the cruise and it had to rebooked so in this case my TA did do a lot of additional calling and extra work. I think it's only fair the TA's should get the commission for the entire cruise.

I’ve never paid any agent commission on top of free nights. Basically it’s been the full fare prorated plus the port fees and taxes. I know what you mean about the commission, but my travel agent gets business from me in other ways and has been quite happy to take on the free night bookings. I guess you could always keep the booking direct with Azamara for that one cruise?

Phil

I’ve never paid any agent commission on top of free nights. Basically it’s been the full fare prorated plus the port fees and taxes. I know what you mean about the commission, but my travel agent gets business from me in other ways and has been quite happy to take on the free night bookings. I guess you could always keep the booking direct with Azamara for that one cruise?

Phil

I have heard about these free nights many times but couldn't find any info on how we would get them.

Can you explain how you accumulate these and how to apply them?

Thanks.

I have heard about these free nights many times but couldn't find any info on how we would get them.

Can you explain how you accumulate these and how to apply them?

Thanks.

Complimentary nights are on offer to those who go up from one Le Club Voyage(LCV) level to the next level. They have to be used on cruises of 7 nights or more, they cannot be combined with other promotions except the onboard booking savings and OBC, and early booking OBC, and they have to be booked (but not necessarily taken) within a year of reaching a level.

There are some other conditions - you have to have cruised with Azamara in the last 3 years & you have to have sailed with Azamara on at least 50% of your qualifying Azamara & Celebrity Cruises.

The number of nights depends on the level. This link takes you to the LCV page that sets out the LCV benefits including complimentary nights. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-benefits

You need to choose the cruise that you use your complimentary nights on carefully, as often promotions such as BOGOHP can work out cheaper. We used our 4 complimentary night on a North Cape Cruise as promotions rarely include these cruises

Complimentary nights are on offer to those who go up from one Le Club Voyage(LCV) level to the next level. They have to be used on cruises of 7 nights or more, they cannot be combined with other promotions except the onboard booking savings and OBC, and early booking OBC, and they have to be booked (but not necessarily taken) within a year of reaching a level.

There are some other conditions - you have to have cruised with Azamara in the last 3 years & you have to have sailed with Azamara on at least 50% of your qualifying Azamara & Celebrity Cruises.

The number of nights depends on the level. This link takes you to the LCV page that sets out the LCV benefits including complimentary nights. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-benefits

You need to choose the cruise that you use your complimentary nights on carefully, as often promotions such as BOGOHP can work out cheaper. We used our 4 complimentary night on a North Cape Cruise as promotions rarely include these cruises

Thanks! This is great information. I guess the reasons we didn't receive these nights is because when we started sailing on Azamara we were already discover plus since we are elite plus on Celebrity. So I guess we'd have to get to the next level (probably never get there) to qualify.

Thanks again!

Thanks! This is great information. I guess the reasons we didn't receive these nights is because when we started sailing on Azamara we were already discover plus since we are elite plus on Celebrity. So I guess we'd have to get to the next level (probably never get there) to qualify.

Thanks again!

At least 50% of your cruises need to be on Azamara vs Celebrity too as you move through the levels.

Phil

At least 50% of your cruises need to be on Azamara vs Celebrity too as you move through the levels.

Phil

Thanks. Guess we'll never get free nights then. We had most on Celebrity and several on Azamara but not anywhere near 50%.

• 2 months later...

So... just to be absolutely clear....once free nights have been earned, they cannot be applied to any of our cruises already booked but not yet taken? (as in Alaska 2019 or beyond that.) A new cruise must be booked? Have I understood this correctly?

So... just to be absolutely clear....once free nights have been earned, they cannot be applied to any of our cruises already booked but not yet taken? (as in Alaska 2019 or beyond that.) A new cruise must be booked? Have I understood this correctly?

It might be possible depending on how many future cruises you have booked and over how long a period. In other words, if you were to have six or eight Azamara cruises booked through 2019 or mid-2020 you might be given an exception. How many cruises can you be expected to take over an 18-24 month stretch? Ask for an exception if you think you might have a case.