Transfers From Ship to Airport, Ft Lauderdale FL

rcarrosq

We are cruising on Royal Princess out of Ft Lauderdale FL on March 20th, but flying in on the 19th and staying in a hotel which does have shuttle service to the ship on the 20th. Can anyone tell me if there are taxi's at the terminal area when the ship returns and about how much it would cost for the 2 of us? I was going to buy transfer from my TA but he assured me there are lots of taxis. Just want to be sure. Thanks

If you look on the Florida Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

you will find dozens of threads discussing taxis and costs. There will be long lines of taxis. Port to airport is about $15 before tip, price will vary by Terminal a little. Uber will be cheaper.

We are cruising on Royal Princess out of Ft Lauderdale FL on March 20th, but flying in on the 19th and staying in a hotel which does have shuttle service to the ship on the 20th. Can anyone tell me if there are taxi's at the terminal area when the ship returns and about how much it would cost for the 2 of us? I was going to buy transfer from my TA but he assured me there are lots of taxis. Just want to be sure. Thanks

Cabs will be plentiful, and will cost less than two transfers. In addition they are much more pleasant. You don't have to wait for the bus to fill up with a cab, and you also don't have to wait while it drops people off for different airlines.

Cabs are the way to go.

Think we paid $15 dollars for two people Easter 2017. Very easy to get taxi and short journey.

Depending on your hotel....it might be cheaper and easier to take a taxi to port as well. We stayed at Embassy Suites where the hotel transfer was $9 per person and taxi to port, terminal 2 cost $12 incl tip. Valet called taxi, was there within minutes.