Seriously? No hair appliances?

gordosgone15

I just think, no matter what has been said, if this were true it would be all over the CC boards. For me, OMG, no curling iron would be a disaster cause my length is too long for a just wash and wear style and too short for a pony tail, but I would not stop cruising if I couldn't bring my curling iron. /when I personally read it on NCL home page I will believe it, not til then.

They wouldn't? I haven't allowed either of those to touch my hair in 30 years. Yet you believe that "women would NOT (capitalized, even) cruise"? Get a grip on reality.

I’m with you! I wash my hair and air dry it. I do not style or color either. Currently grown out long and I wear it pulled back mostly, but before retirement it was only about 1 inch long! Super easy to care for when working a busy career! I once forgot to pack a comb on a vacation and just finger combed it.

Exactly my reaction! Throw it in a pony tail and forget about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Must be nice! ...

You do realize though that not every woman has naturally manageable hair "just like that"...

"Just throw it in a ponytail" or calling people "silly" for their choice of hairstyle based on how YOU feel THEY should present themselves on THEIR vacation is a bit ignorant as well as overly simplistic, as it doesn't take into account different hair types, lengths, and / or the hair needs specific to certain ethnic groups. For many women, hair styling tools are a daily fact of life.

Regardless, it's been reiterated in the forums that styling tools are permitted...

Amen to that! I am a white woman with naturally curly hair but not the fantasy perfect waves and ringlets you see in the movies, more the doesn't look curly just a big ball of frizz unless you straighten it kind - before straighteners were invented my hair was 1 inch long all over - nothing else could be done with it - so yes they are essential - I can tie my hair back but that doesn't help my fringe and sometimes I like to have it down! Think Monica from Friends when she took her braids out and you are there

Must be nice! ...

You do realize though that not every woman has naturally manageable hair "just like that"...

"Just throw it in a ponytail" or calling people "silly" for their choice of hairstyle based on how YOU feel THEY should present themselves on THEIR vacation is a bit ignorant as well as overly simplistic, as it doesn't take into account different hair types, lengths, and / or the hair needs specific to certain ethnic groups. For many women, hair styling tools are a daily fact of life.

Regardless, it's been reiterated in the forums that styling tools are permitted...

Not silly for Choice of hairstyle—I just think it’s silly that someone would cancel a cruise over that! My apologies. Not trying to offend, but I guess vanity has never been a priority for me. I could care less how my hair looked—if I’m enjoying a lovely vacation with people that will never see me again. I know my attitude is not held by my daughters, who spend many wasted hours getting ready for anything. When I retired 2 years ago, I quit make up, also. I feel so free now! But I do understand not everyone has manageable hair. And apologize once again.

I just got off the Dawn on Friday and I brought my flat iron. And my hair dryer. Neither of which I ever used. The dryer in the room was fine and I was too busy to ever worry about flat ironing my hair, I just let it air dry.

I think I could live without it. Even though I can understand the unhappiness. My flat iron does get alarmingly hot and I can understand the policy actually (if indeed it were to ever change). At home, I am constantly checking to make sure I turn it off before I leave.

LOL! This thread has been hilarious! We got the answer to this question several miles back.

To all of you who require no styling tools and wear no make up ...good for you.

To all of you who LOVE you hair styling tools and make up....good for you.

Beating a dead horse here. Everyone is different how they enjoy their vacation and their personal hair appliances or there lack of.

It sure has been a hoot listening to all who cut off hair and wear no make up. Also, some love their hair appliances and a bit of make-up.

Somehow this thread has been derailed.

Question was answered. Hair appliances are allowed. Let's close this and move on.

Never been on a cruise before so how would they know - do they search your luggage?

All luggage is xrayed. If something triggers a search, they send a note to your cabin to report to the "naughty" room so they can search your bag in your presence.

That is NOT true...if it were, women would NOT cruise. Bring any and all hair appliances! The only 'iron" not allowed is a clothes iron.

Women NOT cruising because of a curling iron &/or straightener? That's ridiculous! I wash & put leave in conditioner in my hair .... I towel dry and fluff and go. My hair is well below my shoulders and curls and waves as it dries. Is it perfect? NO ... but I'm on vacation ... no time to worry about dryers and curlers, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/ThermaCell-Conair-Compact-Curling-Iron/dp/B004TA7B04

https://www.target.com/s/cordless+hair+straightener

They are allowed. I called and asked them. Only hair dryers- they provide one- and clothes irons are not.

I truly think people are trying to close and move on and then you get a response like this. Hair dryers are ALLOWED. Not everyone goes straight to a ship from home. Not all hotels have hairdryers and not all people stay in hotels.

So, to clear all this up........Curling irons-ALLOWED, straighteners-ALLOWED, hair dryers-ALLOWED.

I truly think people are trying to close and move on and then you get a response like this. Hair dryers are ALLOWED. Not everyone goes straight to a ship from home. Not all hotels have hairdryers and not all people stay in hotels.

So, to clear all this up........Curling irons-ALLOWED, straighteners-ALLOWED, hair dryers-ALLOWED.

How about my George Foreman grill?

This thread is only funny and silly to people who do not rely on a flat iron, ie hair straightener, to look anywhere near presentable. I would not cruise on a line that forbade it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums