Just off Grandeur

just returned from 5 night Bermuda cruise on Grandeur and have a few observations to report. First getting on board and off in Baltimore was a piece of cake only took 20 minutes to check in and 15 minutes to get off today. Ships condition is over all pretty good she is showing her age in some areas especially the dated cabins. We had a JS on deck 8 which was OK but could really use a little fleshing up. Our cabin attendant was excellent and kept the cabin neat and clean and was always available to address any of our requests. The staff in general was very friendly and tried their best to ensure you enjoyed yourself

The food left a lot to be desired for my tastes we ate all of our dinners in the specialty venues and did not think any of them were great and worth the price difference. We did do lunch in the Windjammer and did not really care for the food there.We heard numerous complaints about the new dinner menus nobody had anything good to say about their meals in the great goats by dinning room.

We just got off 9N Grandeur on Saturday before you got on. We ate all but one night in the MDR, MTD 2-top. Our food was very good and had the best service we've ever had. The only specialty restaurant we go to now is Izumi as all the others quality have gone down hill almost as much as the prices went up.

As I said we did not try the MDR but the guests we met in the DL during the nightly happy our all commented on how Dis appointed they were in the MDR food but food is a very subjective topic what one likes the other may hate.

Yeah, I too got off the saturday you boarded as well. I didn't find the food in the MDR any less quality than I've had in the last 5 years or so on Royal. Its been pretty standard that far back, though the one menu system cuts the choices down now unfortunately which is something I'm a bit dismayed over.

As I said we did not try the MDR but the guests we met in the DL during the nightly happy our all commented on how Dis appointed they were in the MDR food but food is a very subjective topic what one likes the other may hate.

I saw that you stated you that "we ate all of our dinners in the specialty venues", that was my point regarding specialty restaurants. I do agree with you the specialty restaurants leaves something to be desired. We used to do dining packages all the time until this last time. The decline and leaving something to desire is why we stopped going - except Izumi, still being subjective. I also agree that food taste is highly subjective as I need to look no further than my DW across the table.

just returned from 5 night Bermuda cruise on Grandeur and have a few observations to report. First getting on board and off in Baltimore was a piece of cake only took 20 minutes to check in and 15 minutes to get off today.

Only been on Grandeur once about 3 years ago...going again in Sept.

Can't say enough nice things about the Baltimore port and staff. We had a big problem (our fault, not terminal's) and they were very helpful in getting it resolved.

Bermuda is a beautiful island. Also very busy and crowded. People are very friendly.

Unlike most Caribbean islands, there is little if any poverty. If there is, it is well hidden.

If you go, do not and I repeat, DO NOT rent motor bikes to get around the island, unless you are an experienced biker. Even then, I suggest using public transportation. You can buy day passes that cover buses and ferries. That is the way to go.

Traffic is very heavy and the main road covering the island is narrow, a little hilly and very winding. My wife and I did rent a motor bike, went about 3 miles, decided it was way too dangerous, turned around and took it back. The bike shop gave us a full refund.

Well, that’s why it’s pretty. Very wealthy island(s) with traditions.

Love Bermuda and wish it was a bit more to the south, so we could sail there in colder months.

just returned from 5 night Bermuda cruise on Grandeur and have a few observations to report. First getting on board and off in Baltimore was a piece of cake only took 20 minutes to check in and 15 minutes to get off today. Ships condition is over all pretty good she is showing her age in some areas especially the dated cabins. We had a JS on deck 8 which was OK but could really use a little fleshing up. Our cabin attendant was excellent and kept the cabin neat and clean and was always available to address any of our requests. The staff in general was very friendly and tried their best to ensure you enjoyed yourself

The food left a lot to be desired for my tastes we ate all of our dinners in the specialty venues and did not think any of them were great and worth the price difference. We did do lunch in the Windjammer and did not really care for the food there.We heard numerous complaints about the new dinner menus nobody had anything good to say about their meals in the great goats by dinning room.

"their meals in the great goats by dinning room."

I really really really really hope that you mean The Great Gatsby Dining Room.

;) :D

"their meals in the great goats by dinning room."

I really really really really hope that you mean The Great Gatsby Dining Room.

;) :D

LOL that's autocorrect for you (well, maybe not the dinning part)! Anyone know how much the day passes for public transport are now? Last I remember it was $10 per day but I thought I read it has gone up.

Same here ,in fact ,the Grandeur is the only ship we will cruise on.
We will for one more New Year cruise... unless they reinstate this itin.

We have an mid aft balcony and I've read there have been problems with the lights being on in the relaxation rooms above. Does anyone know if these rooms are still above those cabins?

Never said it was. Just compared it to the Caribbean islands I've been to.

But you have to realize that she NEEDS everyone to know that Bermuda is not in the Caribbean. BTW, did you know that the Bahamas are not Caribbean islands, either ? ;p