Escape ship Departure from boat when you get to Miami

maryshopper

When I arrive in Miami at 8 am, I would like to take a flight that leaves at 11am to meet up with my husband in Aruba. Does anyone know how long it takes to get off the boat and through customs? Do you think I could request an early departure and who should I contact to get this done? I called the 1-866-234-7350 and representative could not help me and gave me the exact same number to call. She also could not tell me when I arrive in ports how long it takes to disembark and what time I have to be back, knowing the ship leaves at 5pm. I was trying to schedule my excursions on my own and need the time frames I can work with.

If anyone has been on this cruise could you please respond, without this information I can't book the flight or the excursions.

I know it says to give yourself 4 hours between ship and flight, but last time I was on a cruise they had everyone off that ship by 9:30 am. If I don't take that 11am flight the next one isn't till after 6PM.

When I arrive in Miami at 8 am, I would like to take a flight that leaves at 11am to meet up with my husband in Aruba. Does anyone know how long it takes to get off the boat and through customs? Do you think I could request an early departure and who should I contact to get this done? I called the 1-866-234-7350 and representative could not help me and gave me the exact same number to call. She also could not tell me when I arrive in ports how long it takes to disembark and what time I have to be back, knowing the ship leaves at 5pm. I was trying to schedule my excursions on my own and need the time frames I can work with.

If anyone has been on this cruise could you please respond, without this information I can't book the flight or the excursions.

I know it says to give yourself 4 hours between ship and flight, but last time I was on a cruise they had everyone off that ship by 9:30 am. If I don't take that 11am flight the next one isn't till after 6PM.

I took a 10:30am flight from FLL after my Escape trip. We were actually docked and they were letting people off the ship by about 7:30am. I was off the ship, through customs, and at FLL my 8:15am. 11 should be fine. Just make sure you carry all of your bags off with you and you're down by the gangway VERY early.

You won’t have the slightest trouble making an 11 o’clock flight, unless there is a huge issue with the ship for some reason. It’s nothing to even concern yourself with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, when you go to ports any idea how long it takes to get off the ship and if ship leaves at 5pm what time you need to be back on ship?

Usually you need to be back on board 30 minutes prior to sail away. There will be signs as you disembark showing the all aboard time.

You can easily make the ship. There is no such thing as "early departure". You can carry your luggage off the ship yourself to ensure a speedy departure. Get in line early (before 7 am). On a recent cruise, self walk off started at 7:10 am and we were through immigration and customs and on the curb by 7:20.

Review your Freestyle daily for all-aboard times. At most ports, you must be back on board 30 minutes before departure time. If you are late, the ship will not wait for you.

I put this information on trip advisor Mami area also. People there are responding to take the later flight at 6:00 pm, since I will need to go thru customs again at the Miami aiport to fly to Aruba. If I take the later flight is there a place at the port terminal I can keep my luggage at, tour the city and go back and pick up later?

I am not sure on trip advisor is giving you the advice to take a later flight but they may be very overly cautious. The last two times we were on the Escape we were off the ship through customs and at the airport by no later than 8:00 am. If you walk off with luggage in hand you will have no problems.

You will not go thru Customs ay MIA, but will go thru TSA. Two totally different animals. Yes, it can work, as long as ship is cleared early enough. I was on one ship into FLL that took “forever” to clear for disembarking.