How do I get to the port to BCN airport quickly to make my flight

Brownie500

This is my first trip to Barcelona. I am sailing on the MSC SEAVIEW on July 20th. I would love to find out the following in advance.

What Port Terminal will I find the MSC Seaview?

The MSC Seaview docks at 9:00 and my flight is at 12:00 at BCN. How long will it take me to get from the dock to the airport?

What is the fastest way to get to the airport?

Do they give passengers preference on getting off the ship first in order to make their flights?

Does anyone know how I can arrange for prior transportation from the port to the airport in advance?

I would appreciate any and all answers.

Brownie500

This is my first trip to Barcelona. I am sailing on the MSC SEAVIEW on July 20th. I would love to find out the following in advance.

What Port Terminal will I find the MSC Seaview?

The MSC Seaview docks at 9:00 and my flight is at 12:00 at BCN. How long will it take me to get from the dock to the airport?

What is the fastest way to get to the airport?

Do they give passengers preference on getting off the ship first in order to make their flights?

Does anyone know how I can arrange for prior transportation from the port to the airport in advance?

I would appreciate any and all answers.

Brownie500

The questions you also need to ask are:

What time does the airline close check in for international flights.

How long will security clearance take.

That said: IMO your timeline is a very bad idea (way too many "ifs" and the cost(s) of a missed flight change will not be inexpensive.

Assuming you had a different embarkation port, why not stay a few days in Barcelona? Even if you started there, there's plenty more to see and do.

You need to change your flight. If you are docking at 9am, the ship

still needs to be cleared by the local authorities. The drive is approx 30 min to the airport. Even if you walk off with your luggage, I can’t see this happening.

I'm only considering a departure flight at this time because my ship arrives at 6:00am (Vision May 2019)...I would look at booking a later flight if I were you or at least have a good plan B. Cutting it a bit close for your arrival time....don't do this.

Barcelona is one of the easiest port to get to the airport... about 20-30 minutes early in the morning. I suggest you ask on the cruise boards for MSC for specifics on how the cruise line handles departure day. When I book a flight from Barcelona... I usually book a flight after 12 noon because I like to get to the airport early.. I take a local taxi and get off the ship early as possible. Never a problem...

Brownie500 - welcome to cruise critic! There is a wealth of info on the various forums but it does take a while to learn how to navigate. Other posters have given you good advise to check out and post your questions on the MSC Board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80). You can find additional information - and another place to post your questions - on the Spain Ports of Call Board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596).

You probably do not need to get to BCN three hours before your flight as is recommended. And you probably get there from the pier in about half an hour. But if the ship actually comes in at 9:00, you will need EVERYTHING to work without delay- being first off the ship, no delay getting your bags, no delay passing through immigration/customs, no delay in getting a taxi, no traffic delay. You are not leaving yourself much room: if you are flying to the US, considering the time change, there should be later flights available.