Ultra Spacious Ocean View or Junior Suite on the Mariner of the Seas?

JS is only $500 more, and the double points are appealing. Is there a big difference between the two types of rooms? I'm putting 4 in the room, 2 adults and 13 year old female and one 8 year old male. What would you do?

The JS is about 50% larger. Bathroom is also larger with a bathtub.

The kids would have to share a sofa bed that is not all that large.

I would take the largest cabin I could afford. A JS is about 1/2 larger than a standard cabin. The bathroom is a bit larger, too, because of the tub. The walk-in closet is fantastic.

No. The Ultra Spacious OV is 328 square feet. The JS is 277 square feet.

The kids would have their choice of a sofa bed or Pullmans.

I would go with the bigger room. I've stayed in a JS on Independence and it was nice but not earth-shattering spacious, although the walk-in closet is very nice. We've booked the Ultra Spacious Oceanview (formerly known as Family Oceanview) for our cruise this month and I'm very excited about it.

That being said, I just remembered when I booked the Ultra Spacious, it required exactly 5 or 6 people in the room to book it. Maybe on Mariner you can get it with 4(?), but not on Radiance.

I would go with the bigger room. I've stayed in a JS on Independence and it was nice but not earth-shattering spacious, although the walk-in closet is very nice. We've booked the Ultra Spacious Oceanview (formerly known as Family Oceanview) for our cruise this month and I'm very excited about it.

That being said, I just remembered when I booked the Ultra Spacious, it required exactly 5 or 6 people in the room to book it. Maybe on Mariner you can get it with 4(?), but not on Radiance.

It depends how far out the cruise is.

The closer you get to the sail date, and the cabin is unbooked, the more likely that RC will drop the occupancy requirement.

There is a poster on this board who sailed solo in the Royal Family Suite/Two Bedroom Suite/Two Bedroom Grand Suite.

No. The Ultra Spacious OV is 328 square feet. The JS is 277 square feet.

The kids would have their choice of a sofa bed or Pullmans.

Are those the ones at the front. Used to be called Family Ocean View? If so, they have a 'closet' with bunk beds.

We booked it with 2 passengers in 2008

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think you can book the Ultra Spacious with 3 now, at least you can on all the sailings I have been pricing out recently.

I think for me, I would probably go for the Ultra Spacious room. But my kids don't share beds well. The JS would be very tempting though.

Thanks all! At the last minute, a

Category VP - Ocean View Panoramic Suite (No Balcony)

opened up, so I snagged it. Big room, in theory double points (see some back and forth on that), and separate beds for the kids.

I'm excited!

opened up, so I snagged it. Big room, in theory double points (see some back and forth on that), and separate beds for the kids.

I'm excited!

I can't even find that category on the deck plans. What's the cabin number?

ETA: Oh, up on Deck 12? 1854 or 1804???

I'm excited!

Sounds like the best of both worlds!

There are 2 of them 1854 and 1804 Deck 12
Booked 1854 last night for Adventure

Only 2 of us.

Almost $1,000 cheaper than the FO we booked on Mariner 10 years ago.

Booked 1854 last night for Adventure

Only 2 of us.

Almost $1,000 cheaper than the FO we booked on Mariner 10 years ago.

I had one of them booked on the MN as well for only the 2 of us but I ended up changing back to a balcony- read a review somewhere about noise from the golf above and fitness center below. It was no bargain price either

I had one of them booked on the MN as well for only the 2 of us but I ended up changing back to a balcony- read a review somewhere about noise from the golf above and fitness center below. It was no bargain price either
Interesting, we were on deck 12 of Freedom in one of the balconies. No issue except Tiny balcony. Thanks for heads up.

Interesting, we were on deck 12 of Freedom in one of the balconies. No issue except Tiny balcony. Thanks for heads up.

Also I thought that there could be a chance of getting bumped for a family of more than 2- I was surprised that it let me book it for just 2, The one I had booked was the spacious OV suite that holds 6

Also I thought that there could be a chance of getting bumped for a family of more than 2- I was surprised that it let me book it for just 2, The one I had booked was the spacious OV suite that holds 6
Yep, that's what I got. I like that it's close to the deck above solarium. I don't like that it's a long walk to SL / DL

We have a boy and a girl similar ages (1 year older). Looking at those two rooms...the ultra spaceous ocean view has sofa bed and 2 pullmans. To us, that would be a big deal and decision maker as that means they each get their own bed (and an extra). The room itself is larger.

Guess the only advantage of JS is the double points, and not sure if additional benefits cause of a suite?

We have a boy and a girl similar ages (1 year older). Looking at those two rooms...the ultra spaceous ocean view has sofa bed and 2 pullmans. To us, that would be a big deal and decision maker as that means they each get their own bed (and an extra). The room itself is larger.

Guess the only advantage of JS is the double points, and not sure if additional benefits cause of a suite?

Yes, the beds for each kid was really the kicker. Reports after the end of May are showing people are getting double points for this category room and other junior suite style perks.