Laundry, Rhapsody of the Seas.

Washing some items in the shower and hanging them on the shower string is SOP sometimes on LONGER sailings or when kids are involved.

As far as catching you "out"........are you sailing with only the cloths you wear onboard?:D

You can lock the door and put the "Do Not Disturb" sign out, not sure that would be 100% though

Cabin steward has no interest in your laundry habits. A lot of ships do not have a line in the shower. Easier to hang on a coat hanger and suspend from the ceiling. Would not suggest stringing a line on a balcony - very tacky! I do take a couple of large clothes pins and lay a swimsuit on a chair on the balcony to dry.

Cabin steward has no interest in your laundry habits. A lot of ships do not have a line in the shower. Easier to hang on a coat hanger and suspend from the ceiling. Would not suggest stringing a line on a balcony - very tacky! I do take a couple of large clothes pins and lay a swimsuit on a chair on the balcony to dry.

it's actually against policy to hang anything on the balcony anyway. I THINK Wine-o was joking. one assumes so by the roling eyes emoji and the fact that as a general rule, he rarely gives stupid or incorrect answers.

OP: rolled towel method works quite well. there is nothing illegal, tacky or against policy when it comes to self service laundry in the cabin. about the only no no.is.. as already stated.. no hanging of anything on the balcony while no one is out there to keep an eye on things. in the interest of personal embarrassment, don't leave the stained granny panties out to dry. and no leaving the g strings out either .

We take magnets with hooks which can attach nicely to the ceiling of the cabin. Wash out clothes (usually in the shower to allow easier rinsing), wring out, smooth out on towel, roll tightly to remove water, hang on plastic hangers on the ceiling hooks. This works great for all but very heavy cotton clothes which do not dry quickly. We do take advantage of the "wash and fold "bag for socks, tees, pajamas as we travel with carry on only so limit how much we carry.

Considering my first RCL...I am still stunned there is no self service laundromats in the RCL fleet!!

There is normally a mid week stuff the bag special for $30 for T's, underwear, PJ's and other easily washed garments. Other items can be washed/pressed per the price schedule.

Considering my first RCL...I am still stunned there is no self service laundromats in the RCL fleet!!

The last thing I want to do on my cruise vacation is laundry. I can stay home for that. I have enough clothes to get me thru a week away from the washer and dryer.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app