No more Carnival door decorations?

Keys2Heaven

My wife and I usually cruise during or very close to our anniversary. As such, I like to get a nice door decoration from Carnival, as it's a nice touch.

I went to Carnival's site today and the only thing I see listed now are in-stateroom decorations. And it looks like the door banner has been replaced by a picture frame and beach towel?

Anyone else notice that the Carnival door banners are now gone?

I don't recall ever seeing door decorations in the Fun Shop, but I wasn't looking for them. You can still decorate your door with flame-retardant, non-marking materials.

Yes, they used to be offered for somewhere around $10 - $15. They are completely gone now from the Fun Shops.

IIRC, about two years ago they applied a large "decal" to the door that was part of fun shops room decoration. It was themed to match the room decor. They have stopped the decal. I also noticed they changed the ceiling danglers as well. i have kept the ceiling danglers and bring some with us on each cruise to avoid buying new ones each trip. i have been looking for a magnetic door decor online with no luck so far.

i do like getting the towel and picture frame and give the towel to one of our children as a simple gift.

IIRC, about two years ago they applied a large "decal" to the door that was part of fun shops room decoration. It was themed to match the room decor. They have stopped the decal. I also noticed they changed the ceiling danglers as well. i have kept the ceiling danglers and bring some with us on each cruise to avoid buying new ones each trip. i have been looking for a magnetic door decor online with no luck so far.

i do like getting the towel and picture frame and give the towel to one of our children as a simple gift.

Yes, this is what I am talking about. Just wondering about the door decal. Really liked those.

I don't remember seeing them online either but we bring something to make our door stand out. Lately I've just been bringing a mardi gras beaded necklace and looping and tying it to our mailbox. That is the only thing I've been able to come up with that doesn't get stolen.

We are decorating our door for our upcoming cruise. We have cruised many times and have never done this but are excited to do it. I ordered a banner from shindigz and we will add on small anchors, signs, etc. just something fun to do. We belong to group on Facebook called decorate your doors and see a lot of really cute and creative ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are decorating our door for our upcoming cruise. We have cruised many times and have never done this but are excited to do it. I ordered a banner from shindigz and we will add on small anchors, signs, etc. just something fun to do. We belong to group on Facebook called decorate your doors and see a lot of really cute and creative ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't ever mention blue painters tape in that group. LOL

Ugh, this is not supposed to be a thread about creating your own door decorations and displaying them.

I'm asking if anyone knows why Carnival has changed the stateroom decorations and, as a result, removed from their inventory, the static door decal/banner that you used to be able to purchase either separately or as part of a stateroom decoration package.

• 5 months later...

I guess you already got the answer to your question. You can still decorate the door but it has to be with fire retardant material. No tape is allowed on the door. You also can not put anything on the frame of the door. You can use Command strips. What I don't know is if the doors are magnetic or not.

I guess you already got the answer to your question. You can still decorate the door but it has to be with fire retardant material. No tape is allowed on the door. You also can not put anything on the frame of the door. You can use Command strips. What I don't know is if the doors are magnetic or not.

The doors may be metal, but they're not magnetic. Otherwise, you'd see all kinds of odd metal things stuck to the doors. :eek: