Traveling with Mom, looking for level 1 excursions in Costa Maya, Mexico.

CruisingTee

http://cavetubing.bz/

these gentlemen do so much more than cavetubing in Belize. maybe you can see small ruins that don't require much walking? I used them for all of my excursions and they were prompt, kind, and professional. ask for Luis! there are also many animal sanctuaries that may be of interest to you. shoot them an email and they will make something work for you.

Check out Maya Chan Beach Resort. Highly recommended on the boards for you Costa Maya stop. All inclusive beach day including food, drinks, beer, etc. Also includes transportation for 59.00 per person. Very popular, so check out their website and then contact Mark for availability.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

these gentlemen do so much more than cavetubing in Belize. maybe you can see small ruins that don't require much walking? I used them for all of my excursions and they were prompt, kind, and professional. ask for Luis! there are also many animal sanctuaries that may be of interest to you. shoot them an email and they will make something work for you.

The ship is going to Harvest Caye, not the main island of Belize. Harvest Caye is a man made oasis with a gigantic pool with built in occasional seating as well as a beach area. There is a golf cart type shuttle from the ship that covers the 100+ yards to the entrance.

Costa Maya is an easy port there is a free tram from the ship to the port area where you will find plenty of shops , a large pool, bar and you can catch a performance of the Flying Dancers - four flyers, dressed in traditional garb, climb to the top of a very tall pole, tie ropes around their feet and descend, head first, to the ground while circling the pole another remains on top of the pole, playing a flute /drum .

We usually take an open air taxi to the beach area -mahahual- we don't go to the resort type beaches we just hop off and stroll the mahahual (sidewalk) till we see an area we like .Every 50 feet or so each beach area is serviced by a different restaurant /bar They only ask that you order drinks and food from them and you have complete use of loungers and shade Some even have fresh water showers you can use. There are also plenty of shops / stalls there to browse as well as water sports and massages.

This is one of our fav beach stops - enjoy

Grab spots at Maya Chan while they are still available. NCL is not the only cruise line changing from Eastern to Western Caribbean ports. Most people who visit Maya Chan once are repeat customers.

Edited by tulch
omitted verb in sentence

The ship is going to Harvest Caye, not the main island of Belize. Harvest Caye is a man made oasis with a gigantic pool with built in occasional seating as well as a beach area. There is a golf cart type shuttle from the ship that covers the 100+ yards to the entrance.

The OP is asking about Costa Maya!! Not Belize and not Harvest Caye.

I think the OP started a different post about Belize (I know she also has one about Roatan)

We really liked this: https://www.thenativechoice.com . If you would enjoy visiting Mayan ruins, they did a great job. The land was completely flat, so we had no problems with a stroller if you have a wheelchair for your mom. They also had an amazing authentic lunch and cooking lessons with Mayan grandmothers. We went 4 years ago, and there was at that time some walking involved to their office (there might be cabs in port you can take to get there. Also, please note that at least 4 years ago the pier is very long in Costa Maya. There was a free trolley, so just be prepared to wait if necessary for that.

Costa Maya is an easy port there is a free tram from the ship to the port area where you will find plenty of shops , a large pool, bar and you can catch a performance of the Flying Dancers - four flyers, dressed in traditional garb, climb to the top of a very tall pole, tie ropes around their feet and descend, head first, to the ground while circling the pole another remains on top of the pole, playing a flute /drum .

We usually take an open air taxi to the beach area -mahahual- we don't go to the resort type beaches we just hop off and stroll the mahahual (sidewalk) till we see an area we like .Every 50 feet or so each beach area is serviced by a different restaurant /bar They only ask that you order drinks and food from them and you have complete use of loungers and shade Some even have fresh water showers you can use. There are also plenty of shops / stalls there to browse as well as water sports and massages.

This is one of our fav beach stops - enjoy

Majahual is the name of the town. Costa Maya was actually destroyed by a hurricane. They rebuilt the port area, very nice. Maya Chan would be great. Mom could rest on the beach and the more adventurous can bike ride on the bumpy roads.

Sent from my SM-T817R4 using Forums mobile app

The OP is asking about Costa Maya!! Not Belize and not Harvest Caye.

I am fully aware that the OP wanted to know about Costa Maya, that is why I mentioned it in my earlier post in this thread. I was also correcting the post about the main land of Belize since it would be a moot point since the cruise was stopping at Harvest Caye. I also mentioned the fact about the shuttle at Harvest Caye that would be appreciated by the OP's mother.

No need to double correct and get your panties all in a bunch. Just be thankful that you are not in any of the areas hit by Harvey or Irma.

Another vote for the Native Choice Chaccoben ruins tour. It was a fabulous day. Remember bug spray. The port are there is great too, with numerous shops and swimming pool. Also the malecon (boardwalk ) is just a short ride away. Very enjoyable port

Safe sailing

Well another lover of Maya Chan. We have done it twice. This next cruise in November we have decided to just stay on the ship and enjoy the lack of crowds, being able to find a spot by the pool, have a drink at a bar that is not crowded and maybe enjoy any atrium activities. We are faced with the same as OP, hubby is slightly physically challenged. He can do most things but will be using a walker for some. He certainly has to keep the walking down.