C& A points for single occupancy

BaumD

If you have traveled as a single since 2013, check your C&A points. If you booked a double cabin as a single you are entitled to DOUBLE points. Went back and looked at my C&A history since then and 3 cruise had double points and 3 cruises did NOT. A call to the C&A desk resolved it and added 15 points to my count.

If you have traveled as a single since 2013, check your C&A points. If you booked a double cabin as a single you are entitled to DOUBLE points. Went back and looked at my C&A history since then and 3 cruise had double points and 3 cruises did NOT. A call to the C&A desk resolved it and added 15 points to my count.

They always forget to give me the extra point per night when I travel solo, everytime I get back I have to call them so that they adjust the points.

Do you have to book directly with RC as a single to get the double points or can you book with your favorite TA and get double points?

Thanks

it doesn't matter who made the booking, a TA or RCI. If you cruise single you get double points. Cruise single in an interior and you get double points. Cruise single in a JS and up and you get triple points. And you always have to call to have them apply the extra points.

Pretty sure you can book through a TA for double points, I think all that matters is that you paid 200% fare for a double occupancy room traveling solo. This wouldn't apply to the few studios that solos can book.

Incidentally I shared this reminder with my solo cruiser group and a few more people were able to get their points that they'd forgotten to check up on!

I have always checked my points a couple of weeks after a cruise to make sure I get the proper amount as I always sail solo and only twice have sailed in a studio cabin. Most times I have only received single points but a simple email to C&A has always remedied the problem.

I believe the official rule is one is entitled to double points if a single supplement has been paid. Single supplements are not charged for studio cabins, hence no double points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What am I missing? Why would a single get an extra point? If DH and I are in a suite we get 2 points per night while a single will get three?

Correct. Because a single will be paying double fare (or close to it) to sail.

Single in a regular cabin 2 points per night

Single in a suite 3 points per night

Single in a solo cabin 1 point per night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Correct. Because a single will be paying double fare (or close to it) to sail.

Single in a regular cabin 2 points per night

Single in a suite 3 points per night

Single in a solo cabin 1 point per night.

I thought it might be the cost for a single person paying double, but it's still odd to me that they would get an extra point. Two people paying the same or maybe even a little more wouldn't get the extra point. RC is still getting about the same $$$.

Pretty sure you can book through a TA for double points, I think all that matters is that you paid 200% fare for a double occupancy room traveling solo.

No need to pay 200% - if they have a sale on the solo supplement (many times at 175%) you still get the double points. You just need to be in a normally double occupancy cabin.

I thought it might be the cost for a single person paying double, but it's still odd to me that they would get an extra point. Two people paying the same or maybe even a little more wouldn't get the extra point. RC is still getting about the same $$$.

Well you are actually getting 2 points for yourself and 2 points for your DH, so RCI are giving the occupants of the cabin a total of 4 points whereas they would only be giving 3 points when there is only one person staying in the stateroom.

They always forget to give me the extra point per night when I travel solo, everytime I get back I have to call them so that they adjust the points.
My wife has done two solo cruises. She was credited the right points both times. Did not have to call c&a to get it corrected. Though i did not check till a month or more after cruise ended.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Hi, my question is, if you book a trip for two and pay for it but then only one person was able to go and Royal refunded port and taxes, how many points should I expect to receive? it was a 7 day cruise.

TIA.

Edited by marov

Hi, my question is, if you book a trip for two and pay for it but then only one person was able to go and Royal refunded port and taxes, how many points should I expect to receive? it was a 7 day cruise.

TIA.

You wouldn't get the extra point per night. You would thus get 7 points.

TIA.

You will get double points as you travelled solo. I did. Automatically applied without any need to chase.

You will get double points as you travelled solo. I did. Automatically applied without any need to chase.

You are eligible for double points. Whether double points are actually applied is random. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. My last two cruises in a double cabin had only single points applied, so I just called Crown & Anchor and had them get the points updated.

TIA.

Should be 14 points to your account.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's quite simple

If 2 people are booked in a double occupancy cabin and the fare is $1,000.00, each person is paying $500.00

If 1 person is booked in a double occupancy cabin that person will pay $1,000.00

Double price = Double points

Well you are actually getting 2 points for yourself and 2 points for your DH, so RCI are giving the occupants of the cabin a total of 4 points whereas they would only be giving 3 points when there is only one person staying in the stateroom.

No we only get 2 points per night that is applied to our C & A status and not 4.

I've never had to call - it may take an extra week, but the points usually show up without a call.

I've had to send a note to C & A every cruise to get the proper points. Painless, but necessary.